Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Gene_e

[CentKent] Reactions to rumors that the Hallyu Ban may be lifted in China

F4Zjgyi.jpg

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4521496142002358

Comments:

1. Forget about it. Korea makes me so uncomfortable. Although I watch Korean variety shows, that does not conflict with me disliking Korea. I also don’t know why. [+20682]

2. I do not support lifting it!!! [+14156]

3. On one side, they’re sucking money. On the other side, they’re looking down on China. I don’t like this. Even if it’s my idol, it’s not OK. [+11232]

4. Insane, when did this policy come out? You want to manage people’s spontaneous behavior? [T/N: suggesting people are boycotting K-ent rather than the govt enforcing a policy] [+10996]

5. Don’t stop the Hallyu Ban. I don’t want to go back to the age when every time I opened up Happy Camp, it was all Korean stars. Too uncomfortable. [+1890]

6. I also follow Korean celebrities, but the Hallyu Ban? There are some Korean people who aren’t worthy [+1715]

7. Seriously speechless. Let me quietly ask, can film and television works be broadcast? [+1687]

Source

http://centkent.blogspot.com/2020/06/reactions-to-rumors-that-hallyu-ban-may.html#more

Also...

seems cnetz are like jnetz. always negative towards kpop. however key board warriors don't represent the entire populations' opinion. so we'll see.

lol they don't seem to have a clear reason to hate, they just enjoy hating. So even though they consume korean entertainment, they like to have that ban as a sign of their power imo.

No one really wants to watch k-idols on regular Chinese TV programming like DDU. That shit was awkward and unnecessary. 

• Dislike 1

The ban was so stupid because it was xenophobic towards Korea. The ironic thing about China is that most of their variety shows and idols are influenced by K-pop. I mean, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

1. Forget about it. Korea makes me so uncomfortable. Although I watch Korean variety shows, that does not conflict with me disliking Korea. I also don’t know why. [+20682]

What even is this comment? Although you consume Korean shows, you still hate them??? These C-netz don't have anything to do but complain. Then again, they don't represent the majority of people? Anyways, it'd be really great if confirmation of the ban is lifted. We can finally see Chinese idols freely promoting in China and Korea without restraints.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think korean celebs should be comeback to China as Japan promotion way: only for meetings and shows not for invade the chinese posibilities in varieties, dramas or movies in the long time. Chinese celebs like Fan Bingbing, Former EXO boys, Tang Wei, Song Weilong, The Untamed kids,  or Shen Yue are popular in SK and never make meetings there.

But I remember when AMuse SK tried to promote their japanese it boys in SK like Haruma Miura and knetz made drama.

Edited by Drama Drama Drama

On 6/30/2020 at 7:10 PM, Drama Drama Drama said:

I think korean celebs should be comeback to China as Japan promotion way: only for meetings and shows not for invade the chinese posibilities in varieties, 

I think as well, those who have chinese fans should be able to hold concert or fanmeeting in China (ex: Blackpink if they have enough fandom to hold concert). 

But the chinese gouvernement aren't that open to capitalist democratic stuffs having influence over their youth, this is why there is so much censure over there.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:10 PM, Drama Drama Drama said:

But I remember when AMuse SK tried to promote their japanese it boys in SK like Haruma Miura and knetz made drama.

Most ultra nationalist koreans are still angry over Japan Imperial War and Colonization of Korea. Honestly they should move on. It's time for them to turn the page and begin a new chapter. 

Seeing Twice J-line, Izone J-line being popular and fine, means they can get success in Korea. But they need to do it slowly. Little by little, under a Korean Agency,there is going to be more and more Japanese in Kpop as China banned Hallyu, companies will hire more japanese trainees to target the japanese audience . Japanese fit the Korean Beauty Standard, so they will be fine. Korean new generation (millennials) are more open minded to diversity than the older generation. OF COURSE it will take some time to get fully accepted by the public, but we will get there. 

ABOUT THE HALLYU BAN, they should lift it partially.  It was too harsh. It was like a crime to be korean, to speak korean, to talk about Korea/Kpop/Kdramas...or anything related to Korea. 

I do understand many chinese may not want to see too many foreigners on their TVs/Laptop screen/Smartphones screen or working in china as CHINESE ARE SUPER NATIONALIST (much more than Korean and Japanese combined and then you multiply by 10 times their population.)

All they need to do is stop inviting Koreans stars and they won't be in China. I do think China should ban SM Entertainment because it's SM that started it in Korea and China and SM is the most stubborn as they still went ahead with WayV (the others just follow whatever SM do).

China is a communist country with a tight gouvernement's control. If they like you, you are welcomed, if not, you will be kicked out. Koreans were kicked out. 

AND I DON'T THINK CHINA WILL LIFT THE BAN. It will likely stay there for the next 6 years (at least until the Hallyu dissapear in china). The rumor are just to taste the water.