Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
kimsguardian

China's ban towards Korean culture has opened its doors, the first time since 2017

For me China will be more permissive with korean celeb but limiting their activities to cf ambassadors, fanmeeting and live arena shows not more tv shows or cdramas.

Chinese fans wish to see Kim SooHyun, Blackpink, BTS or EXO.

Edited by Drama Drama Drama

1 hour ago, Drama Drama Drama said:

For me China will be more permissive with korean celeb but limiting their activities to cf ambassadors, fanmeeting and live arena shows not more tv shows or cdramas.

That actually has been happening for quite a while. The ban is only for movies and TV

Edited by Gene_e

At the moment who is betting on China? they should grow their internal cultural and musical market, not depend on others.

5 minutes ago, alisha .... said:

At the moment who is betting on China? they should grow their internal cultural and musical market, not depend on others.

China has their own power and never needed a lot of other countries except for learn something specific like tech or finances business but maybe with coronavirus issue China and SK need support each other for make faster the economic growth through business.

Edited by Drama Drama Drama

That's good news to Korean entertainment since China has been a good market for them for a long time. 

I hope soon we can some groups attending C-variety shows that are better than K-variety shows. 

11 hours ago, Gene_e said:

That actually has been happening for quite a while. The ban is only for movies and TV

Concerts were only in Macau and Hong Kong last time I checked.

Edited by reiichi

1 hour ago, reiichi said:

Concerts were only in Macau and Hong Kong last time I checked.

It depends of the capacity. Fanmeets are allowed

Also, please notice that there are no news about the lift on chinese media. Only translations of the korean article

Edited by Gene_e

8 hours ago, Drama Drama Drama said:

China has their own power and never needed a lot of other countries except for learn something specific like tech or finances business but maybe with coronavirus issue China and SK need support each other for make faster the economic growth through business.

lol "learn" you mean steal. Kpop fans celebrating this, while they clamp down on Hong Kong...*rme*