Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Lee

[enter-talk] WHY IS IT SO BORING LATELY?

[enter-talk] WHY IS IT SO BORING LATELY?

Posted on June 28, 2020
(Source: Pannchoa)

All the idols out there are derivatives from Produce or people I don't know about
The songs are all underwhelming, and everything on Melon are ballads

Dramas are also all taken from webtoons 
and there's too many idols who can't act in there
and I can't watch web dramas because they're all too cringe

There's nothing worth watching among variety shows either

All Youtube contents are Vlogs too.. 
And they add too many ads in videos

F*ck why is it so boring lately..?? 

post response:
[+1,434][-14]
original post: here

1. [+300, -11]
I'm freaking fed up to death of survival shows;.. I'm not curious about what they did to get there it's just so frustrating, just debut them and we'll see;; Produce has thrown the entire idol industry off the winder;;;;; All the songs are the same too;; They all have those tropical beats and those manufactured chorus... And let me add a few more things, it's good that your idols' song gets #1, but lining up all their songs in the chart is so unnecessary, I hope this stopsㅠㅠ But do you think that's all? No. Even for ballad songs, the melody all used the same mass produced recipe and the lyrics are all the same tooㅠㅠ And the kids who have studied a bit of music would know, they all make those ballads and use sajaegi ㅠㅠ Youtube also have a bunch of trolls/scam/boring hidden camera pranks. Even on PANN, it's all about idols or chodings being trolls, there's nothing worth watching;; Yeah that was my rant
download%2B%25286%2529.jpg

2. [+224, -14]
The songs... The idol songs released nowadays are all too difficult to digest for the ears so the melody don't stick to my ears.. Me too, I feel like I'm becoming too old now, or maybe it's just the song industry being ruined

3. [+143, -3]
It's freaking boring to be honest... There was so much stuff worth watching last year f*ck 

4. [+127, -8]
Am I the only one who gets pissed by Jo Seho.. He's always sticking to Yoo Jaesuk and when he joins Mudo again, he'll probably stick to him too.. What is he f*ck even Kwanghee is unwelcomed

5. [+126, -1]
Aren't the outpouring new idols coming out all so cringey? It's a supply without demand... Why are they doing this..? 
  • Like 1

Maybe...just maybe, you're the ones who choose to watch content that doesn't interest you instead of looking for content that does?

korean entertainment world has been dry since early may for me too

I am over it but I think sunmi tomorrow and seulrene next week will wake kpop up at least 

Edited by Nofave
  • Like 6

I was thinking the same... I just want something to happen 😂😂

Watch me manifest something bad now 😑

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Lee said:
1. [+300, -11]
I'm freaking fed up to death of survival shows;.. I'm not curious about what they did to get there it's just so frustrating, just debut them and we'll see;; Produce has thrown the entire idol industry off the winder;;;;; All the songs are the same too;; They all have those tropical beats and those manufactured chorus... And let me add a few more things, it's good that your idols' song gets #1, but lining up all their songs in the chart is so unnecessary, I hope this stopsㅠㅠ But do you think that's all? No. Even for ballad songs, the melody all used the same mass produced recipe and the lyrics are all the same tooㅠㅠ And the kids who have studied a bit of music would know, they all make those ballads and use sajaegi ㅠㅠ Youtube also have a bunch of trolls/scam/boring hidden camera pranks. Even on PANN, it's all about idols or chodings being trolls, there's nothing worth watching;; Yeah that was my rant

well damn girl did she have to snap that hard 

ec536c9aa5c1c148dd7963e2e571d6d4fa16e466

• LOL 5

guys don't worry, Gfriend is coming back next month.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lee said:

The songs... The idol songs released nowadays are all too difficult to digest for the ears so the melody don't stick to my ears.. Me too, I feel like I'm becoming too old now, or maybe it's just the song industry being ruined

this is so me :))

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, monraine said:

this is so me :))

Me too tbh, when listening to bsides that are way more chill than the title tracks idols have been releasing I always wonder why didn't they release it as a title track knowing it could so well in charts, better than hype songs. (For example OMG's Dolphin)

• Tea 2

Honestly this criticism comes up every year or two and it says the same thing. 

The critique of songs being the same sounding was around back in 2010 too and especially during 2012-2014 when every girl group seemed to want to recreate Sistar’s Alone.

• Like 3

Lmao istG I always see this topic more than once every year 

I kinda agree with this

not that the releases are bad at all but more like all the kpop environment and shows are becoming tiring I think if I followed kpop sololy without engaging or following all the fandoms daily would be a bit more enjoyable and chill.... I remember when I first get into kpop and followed them barely knowing anything about the industry and fandoms it was soooo fun tbh 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 4:44 PM, Usagi. said:

Me too tbh, when listening to bsides that are way more chill than the title tracks idols have been releasing I always wonder why didn't they release it as a title track knowing it could so well in charts, better than hype songs. (For example OMG's Dolphin)

even queen IU seems to prefer Dolphin over Nonstop

During the quarentine, I was rewatching some variety shows, awards ceremonies and gayos from 2nd generation, and it's really boring nowadays. 

Big3 don't have family concerts anymore. There are few interactions among idols on screen. 

The variety shows are boring. 

If you are bored, it is always good to venture to other genre or to go to the classics (not classical music but older songs and musicians that stand the test of time). There are reasons why there are people that said they don't make music like they used to and why retro are kinda in again. 

Honestly there are many good music (from past and present) to discover out there to find but you can't be lazy and expect the music to just pop up in the popular list or the place you used to get your usual music from. Some of this type of music won't get millions of view or followers to pimp their music off so if you are used to only listening to popular music and used to use youtube or twitter videos views or international or local chartings to get new music then maybe you deserved to get boring music. It is also good to broaden your music perspectives by listening to various music because then you know that the music you think is good are maybe just so so in the sea of global music histories. 

About variety shows, of course it will get boring when the new international Kpop fandoms are full of fake woke young people who are so sensitive about so many things and are heavily active in social media that Korean variety producers decide to just avoid any kind of possible backlash by tempering the shows heavily when idols are involved. There are of course issues that deserved to be called out internationally but some issues which are clearly domestic issues and issues that are irrelevant to Koreans shouldn't be of concerns to international Kpop stans. Idols are afraid to make a joke of themselves or their idol friends because then you have crowds of international stans to so-called cancel them by pounding them forever and bullying them forever while hiding and putting down the mistakes and/or the faults that their own idols made. There are also survival shows where the results have been most likely pre-determined for some and where stans especially young fangirls can be easily triggered to start fanwars at each other, and where viewers can be fooled with evil editing, angel editing, and media and SNS play.  And not to mention edgy international stans who think creating rumors and/or making false edits or purposefully misrepresenting information of other idols or putting the blame on other idols are funny. No wonder most idols are only creating safe contents nowadays. The toxicity is so effing boring that I think Kpop idols stans deserved these boring contents.

P.S.: Other Asian countries are developing their music scene, variety scene, drama scene, and entertainment scene with quality contents nowadays. China, Taiwan, and Thailand for example have some top notch contents and less toxicity. If you want some variety from Korean entertainment, you can also venture to contents from these countries. 

Edited by justtree
Added p.s.