Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
marin karin

Are Pokémon slaves?

I been playing Pokémon Black recently for the time (I’m extremely behind, as you can tell) and it’s bringing up some interesting concepts I wouldn’t have expected them to confront. I mean it essentially calls into question the entire existence of the franchise. 

I digress. How do you feel? Are Pokémon slaves? And if you have played Pokémon B/W I have not yet finished it so I prefer not to see any specific spoilers. 

BW is full of shit, not gonna spoil but, IMO, least favorite games

Anyway no, they're not~ I would explain why as it pertains to those games but don't wanna spoil you. Pokemon can refuse capture and dip whenever they please. They aren't forced to do anything :imstupid:

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, Tteona Oneul Bame said:

BW is full of shit, not gonna spoil but, IMO, least favorite games

Anyway no, they're not~ I would explain why as it pertains to those games but don't wanna spoil you. Pokemon can refuse capture and dip whenever they please. They aren't forced to do anything :imstupid:

Interesting. I will follow back up with you once I finish.

25 minutes ago, marin karin said:

I been playing Pokémon Black recently for the time (I’m extremely behind, as you can tell) and it’s bringing up some interesting concepts I wouldn’t have expected them to confront. I mean it essentially calls into question the entire existence of the franchise. 

I digress. How do you feel? Are Pokémon slaves? And if you have played Pokémon B/W I have not yet finished it so I prefer not to see any specific spoilers. 

Unpopular opinion here, but I love Black and White! If you have a chance, I really also recommend that you play Black 2 and/or White 2 - they're the official sequels to these games and there are a lot of small improvements to gameplay as well as new features~ 

BW/BW2 are probably the most introspective and philosophical of any of the Pokemon main series games. I don't remember any specifics since it's been a while that I last played through Unova, but imo, one of the themes in the games is whether or not Pokemon choose to fight or are slaves, like you mentioned. Personally, I don't think Pokemon are slaves, but there ARE some trainers that abuse Pokemon and use them for the wrong reasons, or "evil" motives. Some Pokemon can pick up on this and end up despising their trainers, whereas others become evil themselves. N's storyline is central to developing this theme. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the rest of it 😄 

• Like 2

lmao im playing b2w2 rn and gen 5 are no doubt the best games in the franchise with the best character designs and development, and not to mention the story!!!

that being said i cannot answer the question without spoiling both games but yeah i think most people feel the opposite with team plasmas goal of liberation

• Like 2

pokemon= dog fighting/ slavery.

I have always said this to my friends who are pokemon fans.

• Like 1

Theyre not slaves, it's not real. 

• Like 1
  • Tea 1

Posted (edited)

They are like pets, hell close to cats rather than dogs. They can always just go fck it and escape or refuse to be caught (tho refusing to be caught i didnt see it happen at sword and shield?)

But pokemon as a whole is made to explain there is no black and white in life, Ash himself is a villain by description, while being the main character. You shouldnt think too deeply like Cubone, wears its own mother's skull, and no one bats an eye at that. In game, pokemons are smart sentient beings, smarter than animals and closer to us. They even make events and organize meetings if i dont misremember. But if you see them closer to humans, things would get even weirder. But BW... Like others said no spoilers but you will see how game will end things. 

I guess most reliable source is Mewtwo, he sees himself at same level as trainers. Thats why i imagine Pokemons as second class citizens that pokemon world fights for more rights, thats best explanation i could come to 

Edited by lighterxx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jeong jaehyuns boyfriend said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I love Black and White! If you have a chance, I really also recommend that you play Black 2 and/or White 2 - they're the official sequels to these games and there are a lot of small improvements to gameplay as well as new features~ 

BW/BW2 are probably the most introspective and philosophical of any of the Pokemon main series games. I don't remember any specifics since it's been a while that I last played through Unova, but imo, one of the themes in the games is whether or not Pokemon choose to fight or are slaves, like you mentioned. Personally, I don't think Pokemon are slaves, but there ARE some trainers that abuse Pokemon and use them for the wrong reasons, or "evil" motives. Some Pokemon can pick up on this and end up despising their trainers, whereas others become evil themselves. N's storyline is central to developing this theme. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the rest of it 😄 

i was gonna skip BW2 but you convinced me to play it. thanks for your input 

3 hours ago, D'Arco said:

Theyre not slaves, it's not real. 

oh wow, i had no idea!!! sorry!

sorry, but if you say Pokemons can "escape".

thats like slave owners saying their slaves can always escape, just dont get recaptured.

😄😄😄

Not the pokémon. The only slave is us needing to drag ourselves to bushes to fight pokémon and trainers to make a livingㅡ

718182809893732473.png?v=1

• LOL 1