Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Moon Jellyfish

Yuya Tegoshi has left NEWS & Johnny's Entertainment

Posted (edited)

aramajapan.com-tegoshi-2020.png

It has been announced that Yuya Tegoshi is no longer a member NEWS, he will also be leaving his agency Johnny & Associates. The announcement was made on Johnny’s net, and his removal is effective immediately.

NTV also confirmed that Tegoshi will no longer appear as a regular on the television show ItteQ. Last month it was revealed that Tegoshi would be temporarily suspended from activities for an undetermined amount of time. Johnny’s apologized to fans for his sudden departure.

NEWS will continue as a trio, Tegoshi is the sixth member to leave the group. The tabloid Bunshun called out Tegoshi last month for having a drinking party while Japan was having a heavy restriction period due to the coronavirus. Tegoshi was removed from participating in the Johnny’s charity unit Twenty ★ Twenty.

Tegoshi became a member of Johnny’s in December 2002, and debuted the following year as a member of NEWS. In 2006 he formed a duo called Tegomass with fellow NEWS member Takahisa Masuda. Over the years Tegoshi became known for his cheeky personality, and fantastic singing voice.

(livedoor)

Source: https://aramajapan.com/news/yuya-tegoshi-has-left-news-and-johnnys/107162/

Edited by Moon Jellyfish

Dang, NEWS and Kat-Tun stay losing members, imo I don't think he needed to get kicked out, he could have went I hiatus for a while oh well

I feel bad for the remaining members of NEWS, but I am pretty surprised he got kicked out - thought he would've just laid low and return when this was all blown over 

Posted (edited)

im a long fan of news but he deserved this 

he keeps getting in trouble and i think the combany got fed with his behaviour 

3 hours ago, abra said:

So the rumours were true

yeah 

i dont want the rumor of news disbanding if they lose another member to be true :unsure:

Edited by himchu

I never thought he would be kicked out from the group.
This group can't be more unlucky, they began being 9 members and now they are 3.
It was a miracle they survived after Ryo and Yamashita left, I wonder if they'll survive this time too or end up disbanding.

54 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

I never thought he would be kicked out from the group.
This group can't be more unlucky, they began being 9 members and now they are 3.
It was a miracle they survived after Ryo and Yamashita left, I wonder if they'll survive this time too or end up disbanding.

He wasn't kicked out, he left.

1 hour ago, abra said:

He wasn't kicked out, he left.

Well i don't know abut that, i mean he was severely punished when he was found out partying in the lockdown twice, maybe he was "invited" to leave.

Anway i can't understand how someone is his 30's can be so irresponsible and stupid.

Wow.

He was on of idols I kept liking despite all his controversies. Just like Tanaka Koki.

With his rebellious tendencies it's better for him to stay as a private person more than public one.

Tessi, please stop getting into troubles, marry and become responsible person, ok? And please don't follow Tanaka's and Taguchi's footsteps.

Wish you good luck, stupid dude :)

P.S. News' russian fanbase must be broken right now. I used to be close to them as Hyphen 😞

I thought he would just lay for a while so,I’m surprised he left. I gotta wonder about the future of the group. I remember my friend in high school was obsessed with NEWS and sometimes I forget how long they’ve been around.