Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
satoori

Bighit Audition: D-3 (New boy group on the way..)

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, hynapia said:

Wow, I'm so used to see companies usually debuting groups of the same gender at least 4 years after the previous one that I didn't know that HOT and Shinhwa debuted only 2 years apart or that SuJu debuted only 1 year after DBSK (but I read once that in SuJu's case they were like "rejected trainees" than didn't make the cut for DBSK and they decided to debut them to not waste them or something like that).

But yeah, I guess 3 years is a reasonable time. Plus like you said, it'll depend when they debut. If it's in late 2022, it'd be almost 4 years since TxT.

Suju initial concept was something like NCT. A rotational graduation system. But kfans got attached and had demands, so SM decided to drop that plan.

16 minutes ago, hynapia said:

This is not exactly true anymore though. In fact, the BH girl group is much more anticipated than TxT was and I'm pretty sure they'll get much more attention when they debut, probably even land a hit if the public likes their song. Same that Itzy is doing much better than Stray Kids, Blackpink is doing much better than the YG boygroups, or even SM ngg being much more anticipated than NCT was. Honestly, seeing how TxT was received at first and how people are reluctant to de Belift bg too, I'm still not sure if debuting another bg in 2022 would be a good idea but yeah, at least it'll be another decent source of money.

@car door guy said "dough" which means money

TXT most likely will make more money. Their potential alone in Japan is already financially promising. Yes, girl groups are becoming more fandom driven too. But if managed well, boy groups still overall in the Kpop industry can generate more money due to their touring and fandom power. Companies still rely on them for that.

Edited by satoori

2 hours ago, satoori said:

Depends. Bighit seems to like picking for themselves and keeping everything a secret. So if any of the trainees are already known they might not be a fit for this group. However doesn't mean they can't be sent to the I-LAND for CJ show with Bighit. CJ do own some shares in Pledis too right(?) 

Of course any trainee would also need to meet the age requirement.

Tbh at past these castings could be private but now there is special trainee schools, even if company doesnt say anything, they share how their students passed company audition as praising

Tbh Pledis' casting is amazing, if i was bighit i would definitely use them, so many currently debuted idols are actually ex pledis trainees, such as Astro Rocky o.o

Im not sure about CJ these days hm, but CJ does have agreement with Pledis and BH, so pledis if there is any ready trainees, will definitely some few, would love to see Bokai debut he is a lovely guy T^T

2 hours ago, hynapia said:

Then maybe Bokai will debut in Pledis nbg while they can give some of their younger trainees to BH, because BH debuted both BTS and TxT in the 16-20 age aprox, so I guess they'll do the same with this new group.

They have trainees that are really young since they made private casting at Japan, with title "We are searching for 'Little Seventeen'", so alot of kids went to that casting, and age limit was really low to like 10 years old or something?? I dont remember anymore but if bh wants young trainees, those kids are probably at max 12 o.o 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, satoori said:

Suju initial concept was something like NCT. A rotational graduation system. But kfans got attached and had demands, so SM decided to drop that plan.

@car door guy said "dough" which means money

TXT most likely will make more money. Their potential alone in Japan is already financially promising. Yes, girl groups are becoming more fandom driven too. But if managed well, boy groups still overall in the Kpop industry can generate more money due to their touring and fandom power. Companies still rely on them for that.

Yeah, I read that's why it was called Super Junior 2005 at first, because that was meant to be the line up for 2005 only and then change the line up every year or something like that. Kyuhyun for example was added in 2006, but like you said fans got attached to the original line up and they ditched the rotational plan, same that they've ditched NCT Dream's graduation concept too.

I know it means money but I mean, things have changed a lot in the last 4-5 years. Girl groups have always had more public recognition and more digital hits, but they lacked fandom power. However nowadays you have several girl groups selling around or over 100k (WJSN, Loona, Gfriend, G-idle, Mamamoo, RV, Itzy, etc) and even 300-500k like Blackpink, Izone and Twice. A lot of them can do successful tours as well. I'm 99% sure BH gg is gonna sell a ton and they'll also have more public attention so I'd personally see more smart to debut another gg than other bg because people always anticipate ggs much more. TxT wasn't well received at first and people are complaining about Belift bg too and saying "we want more women" under all I-land posts so...idk. I think 2 bgs (TxT and Belift) and 2 ggs (next year gg and another one) would be more balanced.

Edited by hynapia

9 minutes ago, lighterxx said:

Tbh at past these castings could be private but now there is special trainee schools, even if company doesnt say anything, they share how their students passed company audition as praising

Tbh Pledis' casting is amazing, if i was bighit i would definitely use them, so many currently debuted idols are actually ex pledis trainees, such as Astro Rocky o.o

Im not sure about CJ these days hm, but CJ does have agreement with Pledis and BH, so pledis if there is any ready trainees, will definitely some few, would love to see Bokai debut he is a lovely guy T^T

txt was basically unknown. bighit seem to prefer it that way. rather then idols names being spread online and already popular with a niche of fans. especially ifans. but we'll see.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, hynapia said:

Yeah, I read that's why it was called Super Junior 2005 at first, because that was meant to be the line up for 2005 only and then change the line up every year or something like that. Kyuhyun for example was added in 2006, but like you said fans got attached to the original line up and they ditched the rotational plan, same that they've ditched NCT Dream's graduation concept too.

I know it means money but I mean, things have changed a lot in the last 4-5 years. Girl groups have always had more public recognition and more digital hits, but they lacked fandom power. However nowadays you have several girl groups selling around or over 100k (WJSN, Loona, Gfriend, G-idle, Mamamoo, RV, Itzy, etc) and even 300-500k like Blackpink, Izone and Twice. A lot of them can do successful tours as well. I'm 99% sure BH gg is gonna sell a ton and they'll also have more public attention so I'd personally see more smart to debut another gg than other bg because people always anticipate ggs much more. TxT wasn't well received at first and people are complaining about Belift bg too and saying "we want more women" under all I-land posts so...idk. I think 2 bgs (TxT and Belift) and 2 ggs (next year gg and another one) would be more balanced.

Things have literally just started to change.  However there's not enough history to support that girl groups overall are breadwinners. I didn't say girl groups are not doing well and didn't say this new girl group from Bighit will not either...But TXT is literally on board to do well. Their fandom continue to grow looking at their sales and etc. They're doing in Japan too. Boy groups have never been that well received from by the general public so that's not news. They gradually established their fandoms and are sent off to do tours in order to make money for the company. Also me and you had this discussion before with others on OHers. TXT is doing very well for rookies.

Again, we don't know the full deal with CJ and Bighit collab. As of right now we just know Bighit has created a sub-label (Belief) to hold this new boy group from CJ new show. And Bighit will produce music for them like Pledis did for some of the Producers groups.

People complain all the time in Kpop lol. Still doesn't necessarily mean groups will suffer. All that matter is they're able to gain a fandom of their own and have support.

hmmmm, I feel Bighit is on their way to being  with their active groups...
BTS 2013 (veterans)
TXT 2019 (new gen boy group)
I-Land BG 2020 (sub-label)
BH new GG 2021
BH new BG 2022
I-Land GG 202? (sub-label) - rumor/prediction..even if Bighit decides not to participate in I-Land Season 2, most likely BH will probably still plan to debut another girl group in 2024/25, in my opinion.

(inherited: gfriend, nuest, and 17)

Edited by satoori

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, satoori said:

Things have literally just started to change.  However there's not enough history to support that girl groups overall are breadwinners. I didn't say girl groups are not doing well and didn't say this new girl group from Bighit will not either...But TXT is literally on board to do well. Their fandom continue to grow looking at their sales and etc. They're doing in Japan too. Boy groups have never been that well received from by the general public so that's not news. They gradually established their fandoms and are sent off to do tours in order to make money for the company. Also me and you had this discussion before with others on OHers. TXT is doing very well for rookies.

Again, we don't know the full deal with CJ and Bighit collab. As of right now we just know Bighit has created a sub-label (Belief) to hold this new boy group from CJ new show. And Bighit will produce music for them like Pledis did for some of the Producers groups.

People complain all the time in Kpop lol. Still doesn't necessarily mean groups will suffer. All that matter is they're able to gain a fandom of their own and have support.

hmmmm, I feel Bighit is on their way to being  with their active groups...
BTS 2013 (veterans)
TXT 2019 (new gen boy group)
I-Land BG 2020 (sub-label)
BH new GG 2021
BH new BG 2022
I-Land GG 202? (sub-label) - rumor/prediction..even if Bighit decides not to work with CJ I-Land show, most likely BH will probably still plan to debut another girl group in 2024/25, in my opinion.

(inherited: gfriend, nuest, and 17)

I'd say there's been a tendency of ggs getting bigger fandoms basically since Twice/Blackpink debuted, so since 2015-16 aprox. And these 2 are pretty much the current breadwinners of their companies, same that Mamamoo is the breadwinner of RBW and G-idle is currently the "face" and most successful group of Cube. Even ITZY's debut album sold more than Stray kids' debut album so I'd say fandom-wise there's not much difference between bgs and ggs anymore. Even nugu ggs nowadays get more sales and streams than nugu bgs. I'm curious to see if BH gg gets better sales than TxT at debut because they're for sure MUCH more anticipated and hyped than TxT was. TxT is obviously doing great for rookies but many people still find their results "underwhelming" because they don't have a digital hit or they still sell "only 200k per album".

Even if we still don't know the deal between CJ and Bighit, just the fact that this bg will be UNDER a BH sublabel makes people recognize them as another BH group, and like I said, a lot of people are reluctant to them and saying they should do another gg (aside from the 2021 gg). I personally don't mind BH debuting another bg but I was just pointing out that the whole "bgs are more profitable" is not that accurate anymore because not only the GP but kpop fans in general (especially i-fans) are much receptive to ggs. Like, if the Belift bg and the 2022 bg aren't well received by the public and kpop fans it's not gonna be profitable for the company.

Edited by hynapia

1 hour ago, satoori said:

txt was basically unknown. bighit seem to prefer it that way. rather then idols names being spread online and already popular with a niche of fans. especially ifans. but we'll see.

Maybe o.o then they would have to do alot of street casting rather than closed casting 

I just hope they will use Pledis' vocal coach, trainees and idols repeatedly said their training was one of the hardest thanks to that coach, but results are amazing, like Baekho was streetcasted and dude is mainvocal now o.o i know bh improved themselves alot with txt, but it would be such a shame if they dont use a source that is readily avaliable to them, otherwise bh already has a quite good training system o.o

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, hynapia said:

I'd say there's been a tendency of ggs getting bigger fandoms basically since Twice/Blackpink debuted, so since 2015-16 aprox. And these 2 are pretty much the current breadwinners of their companies, same that Mamamoo is the breadwinner of RBW and G-idle is currently the "face" and most successful group of Cube. Even ITZY's debut album sold more than Stray kids' debut album so I'd say fandom-wise there's not much difference between bgs and ggs anymore. Even nugu ggs nowadays get more sales and streams than nugu bgs. I'm curious to see if BH gg gets better sales than TxT at debut because they're for sure MUCH more anticipated and hyped than TxT was. TxT is obviously doing great for rookies but many people still find their results "underwhelming" because they don't have a digital hit or they still sell "only 200k per album".

Even if we still don't know the deal between CJ and Bighit, just the fact that this bg will be UNDER a BH sublabel makes people recognize them as another BH group, and like I said, a lot of people are reluctant to them and saying they should do another gg (aside from the 2021 gg). I personally don't mind BH debuting another bg but I was just pointing out that the whole "bgs are more profitable" is not that accurate anymore because not only the GP but kpop fans in general (especially i-fans) are much receptive to ggs. Like, if the Belift bg and the 2022 bg aren't well received by the public and kpop fans it's not gonna be profitable for the company.

I still disagree^^

Again you keep mentioning the public. Being well received by the public early on has never historically been boy groups strengths. Irrelevant. All that matters is building their fandom.

Twice/BP, two groups is not enough of history to prove anything. One group each from YG and JYP is not enough history for the company itself either. SKZ is doing better then ITZY tour-wise right now (even if factor in that ITZY is a year younger). Companies can push boy groups out fast to fanmeets and concerts intentionally. As fast as within their 1-2nd year. The same can't always be said about girl groups "overall" yet in the industry. Twice makes the most of their tour money in Japan which isn't a surprise considering with 3J, it's one of their main markets. BP is doing well, I agree. Better then IKON. But we all know that wasn't YG plans. We'll see how well Treasure do. They seem to have potential.

With small companies like Plan A and RBW, there's really no way of knowing how they will do early on. If they will manage BG or GGs better. Mamamoo is doing great. But the situation RBW is in is not ideal. There's a reason companies keep trying to push out boy groups, even if they fail at managing them. 

Yea we'll have to wait to see how well the new girl group do sales wise. At the same time, selling more albums at debut does not necessarily mean anything either. Companies don't make the most money from albums. The girl group would need to keep increasing their sales and also establish a fandom so they can start fanmeets/touring asap. 

You can see from even this list of tours in 2019. BG are still doing better. Top 10 for GGs already listing 1M...

Spoiler

Edited by satoori
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, lighterxx said:

Maybe o.o then they would have to do alot of street casting rather than closed casting 

I just hope they will use Pledis' vocal coach, trainees and idols repeatedly said their training was one of the hardest thanks to that coach, but results are amazing, like Baekho was streetcasted and dude is mainvocal now o.o i know bh improved themselves alot with txt, but it would be such a shame if they dont use a source that is readily avaliable to them, otherwise bh already has a quite good training system o.o

or bh continue to do what they've been doing. have the trainees come to them through their auditions. most of the info don't tend to be leaked.

most likely they will probably continue to use the best of pledis resources and expertise. just like what they're doing with source music.

6 minutes ago, satoori said:

or bh continue to do what they've been doing. have the trainees come to them through their auditions. most of the info don't tend to be leaked.

most likely they will probably continue to use the best of pledis resources and expertise. just like what they're doing with source music.

I think that would be best, source is clearly good with managing ggs, while Pledis is great with choosing gg songs (such as fromis and izone as recent examples), with bgs bh and pledis can work quite amazingly they cover each others bad points quite well tbh o.o

Closed auditions then, but most probably some info will leak out if school participants get accepted. I follow so many trainee training places like that, int fans dont usually follow them but they share all accepted trainees bcs they advertise technically lol, but those ig pages are pretty nugu so not many see them

Bhs current trainees are from closed auditions too, i wonder if they try to pick ones outside schools, that would explain why txt members were very unknown 

......i still want Bokai to debut tho, Bokai masterrace 😔

14 minutes ago, satoori said:

I still disagree^^

Again you keep mentioning the public. Being well received by the public early on has never historically been boy groups strengths. Irrelevant. All that matters is building their fandom.

Twice/BP, two groups is not enough of history to prove anything. One group each from YG and JYP is not enough history for the company itself either. SKZ is doing better then ITZY tour-wise right now (even if factor in that ITZY is a year younger). Companies can push boy groups out fast to fanmeets and concerts intentionally. As fast as within their 1-2nd year. The same can't always be said about girl groups "overall" yet in the industry. Twice makes the most of their tour money in Japan which isn't a surprise considering with 3J, it's one of their main markets. BP is doing well, I agree. Better then IKON. But we all know that wasn't YG plans. We'll see how well Treasure do. They seem to have potential.

With small companies like Plan A and RBW, there's really no way of knowing how they will do early on. If they will manage BG or GGs better. Mamamoo is doing great. But the situation RBW is in is not ideal. There's a reason companies keep trying to push out boy groups, even if they fail at managing them. 

Yea we'll have to wait to see how well the new girl group do sales wise. At the same time, selling more albums at debut does not necessarily mean anything either. Companies don't make the most money from albums. The girl group would need to keep increasing their sales and also establish a fandom so they can start fanmeets/touring asap. 

You can see from even this list of tours in 2019. BG are still doing better. Top 10 for GGs already listing 1M...

Hide contents

I literally mentioned "kpop fans" as well. Things have changed a lot in the last 4-5 years and if you check out comments in stan twitter, the news of a GG debuting are always WAY better received than the news of a BG debuting. I've seen it with TxT, Treasure, Belift bg, even when SM, Cube and FNC announced "plans" for new bgs this year 90% of the replies were "we don't want it, we want more ggs". Nowadays ggs are pretty fandom based too and they could make the same amount of money or more than bgs if companies sent them more on tour. For example if JYP sent ITZY on so many world tours like they do with SKZ they'd make similar money because they have a big fandom and a lot of casual fans too. G-idle would've made a decent amount of money from their tour too if it wasn't cancelled while Pentagon is still stuck as a low mid-tier group. Everglow is relatively "nugu" in Korea but their US showcase tour was pretty successful so I stand by my point that the difference between bgs and ggs is not that big anymore fandom-wise. You need a solid fandom to make money out of tours but the thing is that there's many bgs that have a smaller fandoms than many ggs nowadays (ie: all the groups in road to kingdom have smaller fandoms than even mid-tier ggs like Loona, WJSN, Fromis, etc).

Also with RBW, you literally have Mamamoo and Oneus/Onewe to compare so even if they're not managing Oneus/Onewe bad because they get regular comebacks and promotions, people still only care for Mamamoo and don't pay attention to the other 2 groups. So we don't know if BH nbg is gonna get enough attention/fans to make profit of touring/concerts in the first place (I personally think they'll do well but you never know).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lighterxx said:

I think that would be best, source is clearly good with managing ggs, while Pledis is great with choosing gg songs (such as fromis and izone as recent examples), with bgs bh and pledis can work quite amazingly they cover each others bad points quite well tbh o.o

Closed auditions then, but most probably some info will leak out if school participants get accepted. I follow so many trainee training places like that, int fans dont usually follow them but they share all accepted trainees bcs they advertise technically lol, but those ig pages are pretty nugu so not many see them

Bhs current trainees are from closed auditions too, i wonder if they try to pick ones outside schools, that would explain why txt members were very unknown 

......i still want Bokai to debut tho, Bokai masterrace 😔

Agree, all of them working together would be perfect.

Some info probably is leaked, but not a lot about the actual final line-up. People who audition from dance studios, through their schools or something, then yea I've seen sometimes those places will post something online saying how happy they're about certain students being accepted to the next round. Don't always post full name tho. There's also many walk-ins who attend Bighit auditions. People who don't belong to anything. So far that seem to have been the case with most of the members of BTS and TXT. 

In general, the members themselves are probably advised to be secretive too once they make it pass a certain point. Just like how we can search for information, the companies can too. 

Good luck to him! I think he might have a good chance of being on I-LAND.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, hynapia said:

I literally mentioned "kpop fans" as well. Things have changed a lot in the last 4-5 years and if you check out comments in stan twitter, the news of a GG debuting are always WAY better received than the news of a BG debuting. I've seen it with TxT, Treasure, Belift bg, even when SM, Cube and FNC announced "plans" for new bgs this year 90% of the replies were "we don't want it, we want more ggs". Nowadays ggs are pretty fandom based too and they could make the same amount of money or more than bgs if companies sent them more on tour. For example if JYP sent ITZY on so many world tours like they do with SKZ they'd make similar money because they have a big fandom and a lot of casual fans too. G-idle would've made a decent amount of money from their tour too if it wasn't cancelled while Pentagon is still stuck as a low mid-tier group. Everglow is relatively "nugu" in Korea but their US showcase tour was pretty successful so I stand by my point that the difference between bgs and ggs is not that big anymore fandom-wise. You need a solid fandom to make money out of tours but the thing is that there's many bgs that have a smaller fandoms than many ggs nowadays (ie: all the groups in road to kingdom have smaller fandoms than even mid-tier ggs like Loona, WJSN, Fromis, etc).

Also with RBW, you literally have Mamamoo and Oneus/Onewe to compare so even if they're not managing Oneus/Onewe bad because they get regular comebacks and promotions, people still only care for Mamamoo and don't pay attention to the other 2 groups. So we don't know if BH nbg is gonna get enough attention/fans to make profit of touring/concerts in the first place (I personally think they'll do well but you never know).

Being well received or anticipated by kpop fans still doesn't necessarily mean more money. "If JYP" well they haven't so we can't go on "if's" right now. I can't assume that's the reason JYP isn't pushing ITZY more. 

All the girl group examples you're giving is one group each from a company. Again not enough history (data) to prove a point, in my opinion. A boy group can be stuck at mid-tier and still make money with their small concerts/fanmeets. I was going to say that Pentagon have struggled due to scandals, however surprisingly, Pentagon have had quite a few concerts base on wikipedia. That's what K-companies do with boy groups. They don't care about GP or their boy groups being accepted in general. All they care about is getting a decent size fandom they can milk money off of every year until they decide to disband the group. I agree, Gidle probably could of did well, if their first tour in 2020 wasn't cancelled.

Three of the RtoK boy groups are younger. Plus more importantly - fromis, loona, wjsn are lacking in tours too. And WJSN have MX to make money for their company.

I already mentioned RBW not being in an ideal situation. And said one can never know if a company will be better at girl group or boy groups. So far RBW have had better luck with their one girl group. However we'll see how Oneus do in time. I can see them doing more tours then Mamamoo.

Edited by satoori
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, satoori said:

Being well received or anticipated by kpop fans still doesn't necessarily mean more money. "If JYP" well they haven't so we can't go on "if's" right now. I can't assume that's the reason JYP isn't pushing ITZY more. 

All the girl group examples you're giving is one group each from a company. Again not enough history (data) to prove a point, in my opinion. A boy group can be stuck at mid-tier and still make money with their small concerts/fanmeets. I was going to say that Pentagon have struggled due to scandals, however surprisingly, Pentagon have had quite a few concerts base on wikipedia. That's what K-companies do with boy groups. They don't care about GP or their boy groups being accepted in general. All they care about is getting a decent size fandom they can milk money off of every year until they decide to disband the group. I agree, Gidle probably could of did well, if their first tour in 2020 wasn't cancelled.

Three of the RtoK boy groups are younger. Plus more importantly - fromis, loona, wjsn are lacking in tours too. And WJSN have MX to make money for their company.

I already mentioned RBW not being in an ideal situation. And said one can never know if a company will be better at girl group or boy groups. So far RBW have had better luck with their one girl group. However we'll see how Oneus do in time. I can see them doing more tours then Mamamoo.

Yeah, I agree it doesn't necessarily means more money because the future of a group is unpredictable after all but usually the groups that have been hyped during pre-debut and debut have done pretty well. For example ITZY was super anticipated for being the new JYP gg and they indeed debuted with a smash hit and their first album sold +130k. Everglow was anticipated too and their debut song went viral with i-fans, with big youtube/spotify numbers and decent sales for a "small" company. Even Secret Number is getting top group level of views because they were very hyped pre-debut so there's definitely a correlation between pre-debut hype and later success even if it's not always the case. Don't you think SM/YG/BH ngg are gonna pull great numbers in their debut? Because I think they'll definitely do better than NCT/Treasure/TxT at debut. If they keep continue growing or not that's another story, because it'll mostly depends on the music/promotions/marketing but considering the anticipation for them they have the potential to be another Twice/BP.

Tbh I'm not completely disagreeing with you, because you have a point that companies care for tour/concert money more than physical/digital sales (even tho digital hits bring more CFs, appearances in tv shows and dramas, festivals, etc). I'm just pointing out that nowadays the statement that "bgs bring more money" is not that true anymore because many bgs don't really manage to grow a decent fandom even after years. Things are changing a lot lately tbh.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, hynapia said:

Yeah, I agree it doesn't necessarily means more money because the future of a group is unpredictable after all but usually the groups that have been hyped during pre-debut and debut have done pretty well. For example ITZY was super anticipated for being the new JYP gg and they indeed debuted with a smash hit and their first album sold +130k. Everglow was anticipated too and their debut song went viral with i-fans, with big youtube/spotify numbers and decent sales for a "small" company. Even Secret Number is getting top group level of views because they were very hyped pre-debut so there's definitely a correlation between pre-debut hype and later success even if it's not always the case. Don't you think SM/YG/BH ngg are gonna pull great numbers in their debut? Because I think they'll definitely do better than NCT/Treasure/TxT at debut. If they keep continue growing or not that's another story, because it'll mostly depends on the music/promotions/marketing but considering the anticipation for them they have the potential to be another Twice/BP.

Tbh I'm not completely disagreeing with you, because you have a point that companies care for tour/concert money more than physical/digital sales (even tho digital hits bring more CFs, appearances in tv shows and dramas, festivals, etc). I'm just pointing out that nowadays the statement that "bgs bring more money" is not that true anymore because many bgs don't really manage to grow a decent fandom even after years. Things are changing a lot lately tbh.

And I do believe all the girl groups will continue to do well and rise. I don't disagree with that statement. I agree, the popular companies new GGs will do well also.

However can't firmly say they will do better then their boy group counterparts yet. Especially Bighit and SM, who so far have shown they do better with their boy groups in the long-run. Especially SM, it's not even a debate at this point when it comes to SM. There hasn't been one girl group that has done better with their tours. Yes, the girl groups are better received and popular, but still doesn't change the data. NCT did well touring even before their recent break through in Korea. Even TVXQ and SUJU who have loss popularity can still pull numbers on tours. And that's the other thing about boy groups, companies can push them longer on tours. On average girl groups get a late start to touring, and then they don't do them forever either. Boy groups start concerts asap, and will do them till they disband. There are some girl groups who are starting to follow this method of constant touring, but it's not average yet.

Even BGs who don't grow a decent fandom still may find themselves being used for their concert labor. (1000+ or 2000+ attendance each concert that adds up when you consider the price of Kpop concert tickets plus merchandise) While yes the girl groups are in the "spotlight" getting the attention in Korea and with Kpop fans. Those boy groups be out of the shadows touring. Like lets say hypothetically RtoK groups don't ever have their big break through, they're companies if follow what companies have always done will still try with the touring. Even if it's just some of Asia. (Back in the days groups use to focus on Asia tours before the West became so popular in first place lol) And of course all of them, if some haven't already, will start marketing themselves in Japan. Almost every Kpop group that is relatively know has been able to build a decent fandom in Japan.

Yea, I know overall we agree with each other. However we still have some minor disagreements >< lol. That's perfectly fine. You feel the recent data supports girl groups can bring more, while I don't think there's enough data to firmly say they do yet. And companies don't seem to think so either base on how they still do things. Even a member of Mamamoo said something about this. 

Edited by satoori
  • Like 1