Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
satoori

Bighit Audition: D-3 (New boy group on the way..)

Wow, it feels like TXT just debuted yesterday. Time sure flies...

BH really said : money.

Seriously they are starting to get too ambitious. TxT is doing great but they still arent in stable position, now gg is debuting and new boy group in making? Honestly usually when we saw rising company rushing to debut more and more kids, it ended up with big trouble. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@YooJeong @Drama Drama Drama @car door guy @Danee Danee

I agree, time flies . It's seems like just yesterday Bighit was debuting a new group since BTS.

Bighit do definitely seem ambitious. At the same time, seems  they really don't want to depend to much on BTS anymore. Preparing for the future. Anything is possible and could happen. By 2022 we don't know what type of "form" BTS will be. (Will Jin and Yoongi be enlisted? Will Joon and Hobi be preparing? Will they start doing more solo and units? Will BTS take year off?) Either way BTS might not be OT7. 

Money is absolutely reason but time is too. In my opinion, 2022 (a decade after the start of the 3rd gen) or 2023 (10 years after BTS) is a good time to debut a new boy group. By then TXT 3+ years old will still be growing but a bit more established too. Touring, making money for Bighit. The new girl group will hopefully be making a name for themselves as 1+ rookies. 

Looking at other companies it's not that strange. Due to that long period between BTS and TXT, Bighit has to play catch up now. Ideally they could have debuted a new group at least in 2017. Not debuting allowed them focus on BTS which paid off enormously. However now Kpop is in the process of going through a generational change and Bighit are lacking in new gen groups. 

Edited by satoori
  • Like 1
  • Tea 1
  • Thinking 3

Im curious about something, Pledis had male trainees i wonder if they are going to take them? I would love to see Bokai debut T^T

Another boygroup in 2022 would be too rushed imo. I mean, it would only be 3 years since TxT debuted and companies usually wait 4-5 years to debut another group of the same gender. They also have the Belift boygroup that will supposedly debut in 2021 so that'd be almost 3 boygroups in a row. People aren't gonna support that but idk.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lighterxx said:

Im curious about something, Pledis had male trainees i wonder if they are going to take them? I would love to see Bokai debut T^T

I wouldn't be surprised if they take some of them. I saw that Pledis got recent trainees from a dance academy or something like that and majority of them are 04-06 liners, which will be in a perfect debut age for a fresh new group 2-3 years later.

Edited by hynapia

19 minutes ago, hynapia said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they take some of them. I saw that Pledis got recent trainees from a dance academy or something like that and majority of them are 04-06 liners, which will be in a perfect debut age for a fresh new group 2-3 years later.

Especially Bokai is at the perfect age, he is around 19 now? If he waits more he will late for kpop groups

Posted (edited)

wait  what the fuck? 

is this related to I-land? or what?

if it's not the case then fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

edit:  wait, 2022? aaaaaah ok. well, it was expected , TXT would be in their 4rth year by then so yeah, no bad 

Edited by Belkiss

6 minutes ago, lighterxx said:

Especially Bokai is at the perfect age, he is around 19 now? If he waits more he will late for kpop groups

Yeah, I think he was 00 line? But I'm not sure. If he debut in 2022, he'll be 22 by then which it's still an acceptable age for a debut.

Idk what age range are they asking for but I guess it'll be 2000 and onwards. Anything older than that is kinda late for a rookie group.

4 minutes ago, hynapia said:

Yeah, I think he was 00 line? But I'm not sure. If he debut in 2022, he'll be 22 by then which it's still an acceptable age for a debut.

Idk what age range are they asking for but I guess it'll be 2000 and onwards. Anything older than that is kinda late for a rookie group.

Tbh Pledis might debut a boygroup soon too at least it should be earlier than 2022 bcs their contract with svt AND nuest will be close to ending at that time. So they might also not give some of their trainees on purpose o.o

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lighterxx said:

Depends. Bighit seems to like picking for themselves and keeping everything a secret. So if any of the trainees are already known they might not be a fit for this group. However doesn't mean they can't be sent to the I-LAND for CJ show with Bighit. CJ do own some shares in Pledis too right(?) 

Of course any trainee would also need to meet the age requirement.

1 hour ago, hynapia said:

Another boygroup in 2022 would be too rushed imo. I mean, it would only be 3 years since TxT debuted and companies usually wait 4-5 years to debut another group of the same gender. They also have the Belift boygroup that will supposedly debut in 2021 so that'd be almost 3 boygroups in a row. People aren't gonna support that but idk.

Depending on when they debut in 2022. It's literally just months away from TXT 4th anniversary in March 2023. (edit: Tho once 2022 hits, Koreans will consider TXT a 4 year group)

SM: hot 1996 shinwha 1998 tvxq 2004 suju 9/2005 shinee 5/2008 exo 2012 nct 2016
Even with out counting 1st gen there was a 1-3 year difference from tvxq--suju-shinee.

JYP: 2am 2008 2pm 2008 g7 2014 day 6 2015 skz 2018
YG: bb 2006 winner 2014 ikon 2015  treasure 2020

We can see with both jyp and yg, when they wait yeaars, they later debut two boy groups back to back. Like i said above with Bighit, it's like they're trying to play catch up with the industry or something. SM is the same early on. Notice how after Shinhwa they debuted tvxq and suju back to back. Bighit at least is waiting 3+ years.

Tbh we don't know how long Bighit will continue housing CJ boy group under their Belieft subsidiary. Right now we just know their producing music for their rookie year. I guess we'll learn more details about the collab later. 

Edited by satoori
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lighterxx said:

Tbh Pledis might debut a boygroup soon too at least it should be earlier than 2022 bcs their contract with svt AND nuest will be close to ending at that time. So they might also not give some of their trainees on purpose o.o

Then maybe Bokai will debut in Pledis nbg while they can give some of their younger trainees to BH, because BH debuted both BTS and TxT in the 16-20 age aprox, so I guess they'll do the same with this new group.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Belkiss said:

edit:  wait, 2022? aaaaaah ok. well, it was expected , TXT would be in their 4rth year by then so yeah, no bad 

"aiming" for 2022 haha

could end up being 2023. tho hmmmm why do i feel like big picture bighit is trying to avoid that year..

Edited by satoori
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, satoori said:

"aiming" for 2022 haha

could end up being 2023. tho hmmmm why do i feel like big picture bighit is trying to avoid that year..

what's specific about 2022? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Belkiss said:

what's specific about 2022? 

there's nothing specific about 2022

but if they're trying to avoid 2023...then 2022 or 2024 would be the debut year for bighit new boy group. 

edit: 2024 is reaching...so "aiming" 2022 sounds about right

Edited by satoori

5 hours ago, satoori said:

@YooJeong @Drama Drama Drama @car door guy @Danee Danee

I agree, time flies . It's seems like just yesterday Bighit was debuting a new group since BTS.

Bighit do definitely seem ambitious. At the same time, seems  they really don't want to depend to much on BTS anymore. Preparing for the future. Anything is possible and could happen. By 2022 we don't know what type of "form" BTS will be. (Will Jin and Yoongi be enlisted? Will Joon and Hobi be preparing? Will they start doing more solo and units? Will BTS take year off?) Either way BTS might not be OT7. 

Money is absolutely reason but time is too. In my opinion, 2022 (a decade after the start of the 3rd gen) or 2023 (10 years after BTS) is a good time to debut a new boy group. By then TXT 3+ years old will still be growing but a bit more established too. Touring, making money for Bighit. The new girl group will hopefully be making a name for themselves as 1+ rookies. 

Looking at other companies it's not that strange. Due to that long period between BTS and TXT, Bighit has to play catch up now. Ideally they could have debuted a new group at least in 2017. Not debuting allowed them focus on BTS which paid off enormously. However now Kpop is in the process of going through a generational change and Bighit are lacking in new gen groups. 

Oh I said it in a positive light tho. They need to secure the bag for generations to come and boy groups generate most dough. Plus so far BH has been quite smart in business!

3 minutes ago, car door guy said:

Oh I said it in a positive light tho. They need to secure the bag for generations to come and boy groups generate most dough. Plus so far BH has been quite smart in business!

I understand. I was going to separate by quotes, but i got lazyTT lol...so i just made one big general comment to try to address everything

Exactly. BH is trying to stay competitive in the game.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, satoori said:

there's nothing specific about 2022

but if they're trying to avoid 2023...then 2022 or 2024 would be the debut year for bighit new boy group. 

edit: 2024 is reaching...so "aiming" 2022 sounds about right

I see," Kurapika says with bandages covering his eyes. XD the ...

1 hour ago, satoori said:

Depends. Bighit seems to like picking for themselves and keeping everything a secret. So if any of the trainees are already known they might not be a fit for this group. However doesn't mean they can't be sent to the I-LAND for Belief. CJ do own some shares too right(?) 

Of course any trainee would also need to meet the age requirement.

Depending on when they debut in 2022. It's literally just months away from TXT 4th anniversary in March 2023.

SM: hot 1996 shinwha 1998 tvxq 2004 suju 9/2005 shinee 5/2008 exo 2012 nct 2016
Even with out counting 1st gen there was a 1-3 year difference from tvxq--suju-shinee.

JYP: 2am 2008 2pm 2008 g7 2014 day 6 2015 skz 2018
YG: bb 2006 winner 2014 ikon 2015  treasure 2020

We can see with both jyp and yg, when they wait yeaars, they later debut two boy groups back to back. Like i said above with Bighit, it's like they're trying to play catch up with the industry or something. SM is the same early on. Notice how after Shinhwa they debuted tvxq and suju back to back. Bighit at least is waiting 3+ years.

Tbh we don't know how long Bighit will continue housing CJ boy group under their Belieft subsidiary. Right now we just know their producing music for their rookie year. I guess we'll learn more details about the collab later. 

Wow, I'm so used to see companies usually debuting groups of the same gender at least 4 years after the previous one that I didn't know that HOT and Shinhwa debuted only 2 years apart or that SuJu debuted only 1 year after DBSK (but I read once that in SuJu's case they were like "rejected trainees" than didn't make the cut for DBSK and they decided to debut them to not waste them or something like that).

But yeah, I guess 3 years is a reasonable time. Plus like you said, it'll depend when they debut. If it's in late 2022, it'd be almost 4 years since TxT.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, car door guy said:

This is not exactly true anymore though. In fact, the BH girl group is much more anticipated than TxT was and I'm pretty sure they'll get much more attention when they debut, probably even land a hit if the public likes their song. Same that Itzy is doing much better than Stray Kids, Blackpink is doing much better than the YG boygroups, or even SM ngg being much more anticipated than NCT was. Honestly, seeing how TxT was received at first and how people are reluctant to de Belift bg too, I'm still not sure if debuting another bg in 2022 would be a good idea but yeah, at least it'll be another decent source of money.