Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
CandyCane23049

Why is GOT7 HardCarry Song so Popular in Korea?

GOT7 Hard Carry  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Why is Hard Carry Loved in Korea?

• Covered for the Song
    • Covered for the Dance

Before people say it isn't, yes it is.

Whenever GOT7 appears on TV it's the song that is played for them and whenever another group covers them it's the song that is chosen.  Why is it GOT7 most covered song, why?  The only other song that has been covered is Just Right but Hard Carry covers is  far and above #1. Is it the song? Is it the dance?

I'm not one of the ones that dislikes Hard Carry but I find it funny that it's the song that most people give them hate about as if that's all their discography but neither here and there, why does Korea love it? 

• LOL 1
  • Tea 2
  • Clown 3

20 minutes ago, Moon Jellyfish said:

Hard Carry will never die.

Would love to see groups cover YCMN or Look

Lullaby, I'll take more Just Right, why no Fly love? 

I thank Loona for doing an Eclipse cover because even if you dislike the song, the choreography is beautiful.

• Like 2

Covers are at least understandable given the dance but yeah, I'll never get why they always play that song on shows.

It's also weird that 'If You Do' is often just straight-out ignored. I could only think of that ICSYV episode with GOT7 guesting where IYD is covered,  but then it's obviously not gonna be Hard Carry since it's a vocal-based show.

37 minutes ago, CandyCane23049 said:

I thank Loona for doing an Eclipse cover because even if you dislike the song, the choreography is beautiful.

I'd say Just Right has quite a lot of covers, and there's one as recent as last year, so I think there's enough. Even though Fly has always been my favourite title track, it is one of the least popular ones, so it obviously won't be covered.

Lullaby did get covered on Produce X. I remember it even climbed back to around #200 on Melon's daily chart, which was funny and sad at the same time coz the song flopped like shit on Melon when it was first released (and to think it's already far better than the last few cbs...), and Division 2 obviously isn't smart enough to make use of that temporary surge and give a little push in promoting the boys.

Idk but their most non-public friendly song becoming the song that more Koreans actually know them for is just priceless. I don't like the song, but even I can appreciate the irony.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Tea 2

hard carry, it's a trendy word in korea. i remember some people saying that when it was first released.

i wouldn't necessarily consider the song popular with the general public tho. or some digital hit. but more like it's popular with korean kpop fans and  knetz (the younger generations online) - which is still a lot of people.

• Dislike 1

don't @ me but I refuse to acknowledge that B word song nor her stinky popularity amongst nugus, perhaps Korea just pities her??
spacer.png

but I will say atleast she isn't as bad as miss Never Ever. 

• Tea 1

1 hour ago, CandyCane23049 said:

Yeah there's various songs that would make for great covers. But for whatever reason, Hard Carry seems to be their most popular song domestically >.< 

Posted (edited)

It's an explosive song, it's easy to make an impact in a few seconds and to showcase an energic personnality with it, you can change the mood easily during a show with it

Edited by Nero_Kpop
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Haze said:

i am SO sorry miss Never Ever an u word a word b word would say something like that i'm so sorry

h*rd c*rry and t**nager are the worst atrocities i ever heard from got7

Edited by Shinki
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Shinki said:

i am SO sorry miss Never Ever an u word a word b word would say something like that i'm so sorry

h*rd c*rry and t**nager are the worst atrocities i ever heard from got7

spacer.png

never have I seen someone have the audacity to come for Queen Tee 

is it crack you smoke? is it??? Is JYP your supplier? is that why you also like willingly listen to never ever??

• LOL 3
  • Tea 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Haze said:

spacer.png

never have I seen someone have the audacity to come for Queen Tee 

is it crack you smoke? is it??? Is JYP your supplier? is that why you also like willingly listen to never ever??

i said what i said, t**nager is the biggest offense to humanity got7 has ever had the AUDACITY to put out

Edited by Shinki

5 hours ago, Shinki said:

i said what i said, t**nager is the biggest offense to humanity got7 has ever had the AUDACITY to put out

No, I can't agree with this at all. 

8 hours ago, satoori said:

hard carry, it's a trendy word in korea. i remember some people saying that when it was first released.

i wouldn't necessarily consider the song popular with the general public tho. or some digital hit. but more like it's popular with korean kpop fans and  knetz (the younger generations online) - which is still a lot of people.

A trot singer on Knowing Brothers just covered it. TV shows where they aren't even guest it's Hard Carry, it's just not Kpop  fans demographic shows that play the song.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CandyCane23049 said:

A trot singer on Knowing Brothers just covered it. TV shows where they aren't even guest it's Hard Carry, it's just not Kpop  fans demographic shows that play the song.

That doesn't prove it's a hit with the general public tho...

edit: As a group, they still have low digital power. Base on K-charts HC did worse then some of their earlier song. As I said, it was more trendy with a certain niche. Got7 has never been a big general public type group. They're more fandom and international focus. JYP and Got7 is making more money this way.

Edited by satoori
  • Clown 2
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, Nero_Kpop said:

It's an explosive song, it's easy to make an impact in a few seconds and to showcase an energic personnality with it, you can change the mood easily during a show with it

Posted (edited)

Wait, why did you get clowned for this ???? lol

6 hours ago, satoori said:

edit: As a group, they still have low digital power. Base on K-charts HC did worse then some of their earlier song. As I said, it was more trendy with a certain niche. Got7 has never been a big general public type group. They're more fandom and international focus. JYP and Got7 is making more money this way.

I'm mean, we're not denying that obviously, the one thing that GOT7 lacks in is their digital power. But regardless of what level of popularity that Hard Carry is, the fact remains that it's still their most well known track in Korea apparently. Even though it's not a huge hit by digital standards, it's the one that often gets covered, referred to, and used on television. 

Edited by Moon Jellyfish

8 hours ago, satoori said:

I didn't say their best digital song or hit which I think is If You Do or Look who are both popular as well with the  K pop fans especially If You Do but the fact of the matter is that it still does not get played on TV or covered. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Moon Jellyfish said:

Wait, why did you get clowned for this ???? lol

I'm mean, we're not denying that obviously, the one thing that GOT7 lacks in is their digital power. But regardless of what level of popularity that Hard Carry is, the fact remains that it's still their most well known track in Korea apparently. Even though it's not a huge hit by digital standards, it's the one that often gets covered, referred to, and used on television. 

Yet my first post was a problem with the OP...

40 minutes ago, CandyCane23049 said:

I didn't say their best digital song or hit which I think is If You Do or Look who are both popular as well with the  K pop fans especially If You Do but the fact of the matter is that it still does not get played on TV or covered. 

So then what did you find wrong with my first post? What was the point of mentioning that it was played on TV lol? Instead it came off as a deflection or denying. Being played a few times on TV or covered a few times by idols, doesn't change anything. The point still remains.

OT: That Knowing Bro guest covered ITZY too, that isn't a coincidence.

Edited by satoori
Why is GOT7 HardCarry Song so Popular in Korea?
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 3

On 5/22/2020 at 6:47 PM, Haze said:

don't @ me but I refuse to acknowledge that B word song nor her stinky popularity amongst nugus, perhaps Korea just pities her??
spacer.png

:hoplz:

22 hours ago, satoori said:

Yet my first post was a problem with the OP...

So then what did you find wrong with my first post? What was the point of mentioning that it was played on TV lol? Instead it came off as a deflection or denying. Being played a few times on TV or covered a few times by idols, doesn't change anything. The point still remains.

OT: That Knowing Bro guest covered ITZY too, that isn't a coincidence.

Because whenever GOT7 appear on a TV show or is mention on TV it's the song that's played in the background. Deflection or denying what?  

It's a running joke between fans that GOT7 has more than one song than Hard Carry. 

GOT7 suck at digitals, I know their weakness very well. It's not what I was going for with this topic at all. 

Edited by CandyCane23049
  • Like 1

Maybe the dancing? The song wasn't public friendly so it obviously didn't chart well but the dance is fun and it's normal that young people and idols like to cover it.

Also, there's been some cases of songs that were a "flop" digitally but somehow became popular later on online communities (ie: ONF's We must love).

2 hours ago, CandyCane23049 said:

Because whenever GOT7 appear on a TV show or is mention on TV it's the song that's played in the background. Deflection or denying what?  

It's a running joke between fans that GOT7 has more than one song than Hard Carry. 

GOT7 suck at digitals, I know their weakness very well. It's not what I was going for with this topic at all. 

Your topic is asking why is HC popular in Korea. I gave you a answer that it''s trendy...yet you replied , "but it's played on tv". There's was not point of saying that. It doesn't change that HC is just a trend with mostly Knetz aad idols. 

Maybe HC will grow drastically with the public in time like @hynapia said. But as of right now that's not what the signs are showing.

Edited by satoori