Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
juniordud

Dipsatch revealed that Jungkook (BTS), Eunwoo (ASTRO), Mingyu (SVT), Jaehyun (Nct) visited a restaurant & 2 entertainment places in Itaewon

2 minutes ago, satoori said:

Yea i saw that part but was confuse by the wording...

Was the announcement made before those dates or afterwards. If it became known that Itaewon was a problem in the beginning of May then that means they didn't know in April. So...?

1. Did KCDC at a later time request those who visited Itaewon during the dates of (April 24th-6th) to quarantine. 

2. Or was the request made on April 24th (which is different from the timeline of events...)

Of course the request was made after the 6th of May, the request was announced by Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon on the 9th of May . The article explicitly condemns Astro's Eunwoo for promoting while still in the 2 week self quaratine, as well as Jaehyun for continuing being MC despite the 2 week period

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NoUsername said:

I'm just so confused.. I keep hearing that SK is getting better and were not practicing social distancing, and that it was becoming normal again for people to be out?? So why are idols getting shit for doing the same thing?

If people are mad, shouldn't they be mad at the government for allowing these places to stay open? If the government deems places like restaurants, bars and clubs to be "safe" enough to stay open, then obviously people are going to feel comfortable going to these places??

1 hour ago, satoori said:

can people actually post sources. not just hearsay lol

was it mandatory koreans stay inside or not?

because as of right now i'm not seeing the big deal. some clubs and bars have opened back up here in texas also. 

SK was going back to normal, but then after an outbreak at Itaewon clubs, the government decided that everyone who had visited the Itaewon clubs from April 24th to May 6th should stay at home. These idols went to the club on April 25th, so they should've stayed at home til May 10th.

Itaewon club outbreak projected to be more dangerous than Shincheonji outbreak

knetizens got really mad at people who were going to these places.

1. [+1,827, -22] I can't even hold back from swearing ㅡㅡ they're so selfish and thoughtless ㅡㅡ

2. [+1,705, -19] All these inconsiderate club goers have turned a nation that was once recovering back into a mess

3. [+1,541, -19] I don't even want to see this King Club anymore, just bulldoze them

if they were angry at ordinary people, imagine knowing idols were also there.

1 hour ago, blossoms said:

so ur tellin me that out of the 97 line group chat bambam is the only one with braincells?

Bambam and Yugyeom. I was afraid Bambam and Yugyeom were together, since they're all friends. Good they decided to stay home. 

1 hour ago, CandyCane23049 said:

Yugyeom though I don't believe these idols should get in trouble either. Korea seems to pick and choose what gatherings okay when it was just a wedding last week.

as I replied above, the problem is that when S. Korea was going back to their normal life, there were an outbreak at Itaewon club, and the media said it'd be worst than the 1st outbreak that happened at the church. 

Also, the government asked people who were at the clubs from April 24th to May 6th to saty at home. They went there on April 25th.

Jackson is often post on instagram his quarentine days. It's a way to prove to everybody that he has been following the rules in China. 

Edited by Angel_Nessa
  • Tea 3

do you know who is the real winner here tho

the one who saw them and then wrote a handwritten letter that he lied.. 👀

• Love 1
  • Tea 17

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MAKI said:

man that's heavy, but yeah, wouldn't put it past these big businesses. they have valuable assets they need to protect, in this case, their idols. it would make sense why bighits was mum at first as there was no evidence aside from some fan random account(s), and then dispatch went and ousted them. annnd now bighits just confirmed it. 

Edited by stell
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, godblessdelulu said:

Of course the request was made after the 6th of May, the request was announced by Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon on the 9th of May . The article explicitly condemns Astro's Eunwoo for promoting while still in the 2 week self quaratine, as well as Jaehyun for continuing being MC despite the 2 week period

So then that's my point. 97 line going out that night April is not a problem. They didn't break any rules or mandatory guidelines. However once it was made clear to Itaewon that their city was a outbreak center in May, then yes Korea citizens who visited bars/clubs should have self quarantined. The only person in the wrong here, is Eunwoo according to the article - mentioned he had some events right before the two week period(?)

• Tea 1
  • Dislike 3

I'm sorry but what a massive disappointment. Is it really that hard to social distance? Was it an absolute necessity to be going out to 'entertainment places' (I assume this is places such as bars, clubs, karaoke, for example) during a pandemic? There's honestly no excuse. They are all plenty rich with heaps of alternatives if they need entertainment. It's irresponsible and shouldn't be defended. "BUT THE CLUBS WERE OPEN!!" Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Social distancing was not lifted when they were out from what I'm aware so they basically broke social distancing rules. 

• Like 18
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MAKI said:

So the rumor about Jungkook go to a club is actually true?

I wonder why the witness suddenly change her/his statement

https://onehallyu.com/topic/814610-nb-netizen-who-spread-rumor-about-bts-jungkook-confesses-it-was-a-lie/

because of sm. they’re good at making people take their words back and going away. they probably were trying to put out the flames before it got big but they can thank nct’s fandom for ruining that for them. 

Edited by Blood Orange
  • LOL 1
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 2
  • WTF 1

Posted (edited)

This is not the same as snsd going to that wedding 😴😴😴 Stop running in circles trying to defend this

Edited by StepOnMeJas
  • Like 6
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Moon Jellyfish said:

Welp Big hit confirmed it

good for bighit and jungkook for trying to stop this witch hunt and backlash...

tho he did't break any official rules

• Dislike 6
  • WTF 1

5 minutes ago, satoori said:

So then that's my point. 97 line going out that night April is not a problem. They didn't break any rules or mandatory guidelines. However once it was made clear to Itaewon that their city was a outbreak center in May, then yes Korea citizens who visited bars/clubs should have self quarantined. The only person in the wrong here, is Eunwoo according to the article - mentioned he had some events right before the two week period(?)

and another point is that Korea has not lifted the social distancing, they were only announcing on easing it

• Like 1

Just now, godblessdelulu said:

and another point is that Korea has not lifted the social distancing, they were only announcing on easing it

but the point still remains, clubs and bars had started to open up in korea.

just like in other countries social distancing is still suggested, but places are opeing back up. citizen can come inside.

people can decided for themselves if they want to take the risk or not.

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, satoori said:

just like in other countries social distancing is still suggested, but places are opeing back up. citizen can come inside.

and we all know how celebrities are put on a much higher pedestals when it comes to such matter in Korea. The point is not to make a selfish decision that can affect the whole group.

• Like 3
  • Clown 1

I get he shouldnt have gone but i wanna point out bighit said it was a week before the confirmed case ans it wasnt even in the same club but whatever. 

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by n3bula
still think it was tone-deaf but dont agree with them being put on blast like that ...
  • Tea 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, godblessdelulu said:

and we all know how celebrities are put on a much higher pedestals when it comes to such matter in Korea. The point is not to make a selfish decision that can affect the whole group.

the point is korean citizens have been locked up for months, like all of us. So when officials gave them the okay to go outside and live, some of them took that chance. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. idols are human just like the rest of us. every member in a group is not the same either tho.

the night in april, 97 line decided to go out there was no way of them knowing that itaewon would announced a new outbreak center in may.

the only reason people are dragging them so hard is because they're idols. tho i agree eunwoo should have quarantined when asked to.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, satoori said:

Club and bars have started to open back up in the US as well, not because we're prepared and actually medically ready to open, but because of an economic standpoint. People want money, they're greedy, that's why states are opening back up. Just because something is open doesn't mean that it should be open. People flocked to bars and restaurants, state set social distancing guidelines weren't met, it's a recipe for disaster. There is no cure for this as of yet, and the Itaewon incident could prove to be worse than when the cult spread it. If they want to take that risk, Eunwoo shouldn't have done it when he was promoting / getting ready to promote and put other idols on the music shows at risk. 

• Like 5
  • Tea 1

1 minute ago, TheBestGuest said:

Club and bars have started to open back up in the US as well, not because we're prepared and actually medically ready to open, but because of an economic standpoint. People want money, they're greedy, that's why states are opening back up. Just because something is open doesn't mean that it should be open. People flocked to bars and restaurants, state set social distancing guidelines weren't met, it's a recipe for disaster. There is no cure for this as of yet, and the Itaewon incident could prove to be worse than when the cult spread it. If they want to take that risk, Eunwoo shouldn't have done it when he was promoting / getting ready to promote and put other idols on the music shows at risk. 

read my post above...

1 minute ago, satoori said:

read my post above...

I did, and my post still stands.

• Like 1

If the problem here is that they aren't quarantining themselves after going to known Covid infection outbreak places despite government advise then its fair. They should have done that, no excuses.

However if people complain about them going to a club or a bar than i reckon its stupid. I mean they are guys in their 20s ffs, the pubs and bars are made for them.

Granted they shouldn't be open during lockdown but that is besides the point.

Regardless, what i would find most damning here would be then doing schedules and going out and about after knowingly been in infected hotspot. NOT that they went clubbing or bar.

maaaaaan, what i wouldnt give to be a fly on the wall in SM's offices. they are gonna rake Jaehyun through the coals, which is deserved, he made a dumb irresponsible mistake. i wonder if SM will go full "i dont see, i dont speak, i dont know about it", "scandal, waht scandal?" and continue with the NCT comeback. gotta admit it's hilarious that this got out 2 days before said comeback. my man jaehyun really f*cked up royally thi time, so much for that princely image.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Tea 1
  • Dislike 2

Astro is my ult bias

i have nothing to say 

I am so disappointed in All these idols especially Eunwoo 

10 minutes ago, alm94 said:

I get he shouldnt have gone but i wanna point out bighit said it was a week before the confirmed case ans it wasnt even in the same club but whatever. 

Bighit, I guess is trying to step in front of this before it gets even bigger.

Knetz don't care about the timeline of everything. Just like how some people here don't either. But Knetz are worse. They were going to drag this forever. Plus before this Dispatch article, Jungkook was the main one being dragged. Interestingly enough by some of the fandoms of the members dispatched revealed to have been with Jungkook. Now those fandoms will back off. So that leaves mostly some GG kstans - who in Korea are not dedicated and will move on eventually.

So that person on twitter was telling the truth? Probably got a cease and desist letter in their DMs lol