Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Oli London

Share your dumb skincare mistakes here

Share your mistakes and save someone's skin! Or in my case someone's eyes.

My dumb ass would put on too much face oil at night, then my skin couldn't absorb it all and as I was sleeping the excess oil would get into my eyes. Then I'd wake up with reddened burning eyes. Fun.

• Like 1

was squeezing the skin on my cheek on a summer day two years ago and immediately my cheek muscle started twitching, and ever since I've had this dimple/wrinkle on my left cheek.

I used to wash my face with super hot water, then complain about why my skin was peeling so much...

• Like 1

Not bringing any of my skincare home with me because I thought I was only coming over for the weekend.

And then quarantine hit and I spent a month without any of my products. My skin looks HORRIBLE, and I had put in so much work into making it look flawless. 

Having extremely dry skin and using foam cleanser  instead of cleansing water/cream

On 4/20/2020 at 10:26 PM, Mystic said:

Not bringing any of my skincare home with me because I thought I was only coming over for the weekend.

And then quarantine hit and I spent a month without any of my products. My skin looks HORRIBLE, and I had put in so much work into making it look flawless. 

Which products were you  using?

My face started bleeding once because I rubbed pimples with lime juice...

2 hours ago, SiIverFox said:

Which products were you  using?

Do you mean before quarantine? I use a lot of The Ordinary products, plus I have the Peter Thomas Roth face mask set which is amazing

During the month that I fucked up my skin, I used St Ives avocado face scrub as face wash twice a day (TWICE A DAY) and then some really old sephora brand moisturizer

11 hours ago, Mystic said:

Do you mean before quarantine? I use a lot of The Ordinary products, plus I have the Peter Thomas Roth face mask set which is amazing

During the month that I fucked up my skin, I used St Ives avocado face scrub as face wash twice a day (TWICE A DAY) and then some really old sephora brand moisturizer

I’m so sorry to hear that 😕

Which The ordinary products?

3 hours ago, SiIverFox said:

I’m so sorry to hear that 😕

Which The ordinary products?

I like the Glycolic Acid Toner, the Alpha Arbutin + AHA serum, the Vitamin C Suspension in silicon, and then their Rose Hip Oil for night. 
I mostly like the brand because they’re dirt cheap and you can mix and match all the products for whatever your skin care needs are. It’s just annoying to learn what every ingredient and mix is for

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Mystic said:

I like the Glycolic Acid Toner, the Alpha Arbutin + AHA serum, the Vitamin C Suspension in silicon, and then their Rose Hip Oil for night. 
I mostly like the brand because they’re dirt cheap and you can mix and match all the products for whatever your skin care needs are. It’s just annoying to learn what every ingredient and mix is for

Thanks! I'm using mainly Bioderma and kbeauty brands like Zeroid, Be plain, Etude House and Goodal but I was planning to try their retinol line and most products are too expensive...

not washing my face at night when i get lazy. DO IT. WASH YOUR FACE AT NIGHT. YOUR SKIN WILL THANK YOU. 

On 4/21/2020 at 12:01 AM, iamayam said:

I used lemon as a diy skincare and got ringworm.

How did that happen? Don't you need to eat the lemon to get worms? 

1 hour ago, hlynb93 said:

How did that happen? Don't you need to eat the lemon to get worms? 

Ringworm is a common fungal skin infection.

• Like 1

i placed a facemask overnight and it caused my skin to itch 

On 4/20/2020 at 5:26 PM, Mystic said:

Same. I am in a skincare drought. I am down to just face wash and a moisturizer.

On 4/28/2020 at 8:50 AM, iamayam said:

Ringworm is a common fungal skin infection.

But how did the lemon turn into fungus?

14 hours ago, hojipoji said:

i placed a facemask overnight and it caused my skin to itch 

That just made me remember about the one time I feel asleep with a clay mask on. I woke up with blisters.

2 minutes ago, bittermelon said:

That just made me remember about the one time I feel asleep with a clay mask on. I woke up with blisters.

damn , that must hurt a lot

2 hours ago, bittermelon said:

But how did the lemon turn into fungus?

I am unsure. I have sensitive skin. Maybe the acidity dry out my skin? My dumbass just applied the solution and let be lol. No moisturising and whatnot.

Put skincare that I am allergic to on my face because the consequent red spots made me look cute lol.

I bought a very expensive skin toner from The Body Shop, and it simply RUINED my skin