Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Bitoku

sales Which soloist will be first to surpass 1 Million cumulative sales on Gaon?

Posted (edited)

Soloists' cumulative sales on Gaon :

EVJiQhDUYAA2RQV?format=png&name=small

IU is so close, she just needs 1 album with 100k. but there are no signs of her preparing a comeback, is she doing it in secret?
or will Baekhyun's comeback pull another 500k again? too optimistic with the lockdown?
or GD's hyped comeback from the military? he just needs 250k.

Edited by Bitoku

Either IU or Baekhyun.

i was going to say daniel, if he release a repack, but i'm not sure gaon counts them together(?)

so taeyeon or baekhyun...unless iu release an album first.

13 minutes ago, satoori said:

i was going to say daniel, if he release a repack, but i'm not sure gaon counts them together(?)

so taeyeon or baekhyun...unless iu release an album first.

i'm talking about cumulative sales here, not single album sales. so if Daniel makes a comeback again he has his chances too.

taeyeon just released a repack album, but then again she makes a lot of comebacks so it's possible too.

I think it will be Baekhyun, he said that he is preparing for his solo comeback but again not sure if he will hit +500k like his debut EP. It could be IU too but I think that she will make a comeback only in October / November like 2018 and 2019. 

It's gonna be Baekhyun if his comeback hit +500k and it will be IU if he doesn't, I think that It's gonna end up like this.

• Like 1

IU barely releases music anymore, so I think it's going to be Taeyeon or Baekhyun. Kang Daniel/IU is less likely.

3 hours ago, Bitoku said:

i'm talking about cumulative sales here, not single album sales. so if Daniel makes a comeback again he has his chances too.

taeyeon just released a repack album, but then again she makes a lot of comebacks so it's possible too.

ah ok, yea you're right daniel still have a chance then

i didn't know taeyeon already released a repack tho

Posted (edited)

Baekhyun or Jungkook solo 

But if IU comeback is soon maybe she will surpass the million

Edited by Drama Drama Drama

Taeyeon, IU or Baekhyun, depends on who releases an album first.

Daniel is releasing a mini with 6 songs in June-July and another sometime in fall. He will most likely already reach it with the 1st one. Now it's a question if Baekhyun will release his before then and if he'll sell 500k again.

Probably Taeyeon. She can easily get 200k with a full album and a repackage. I don't see IU releasing an album any time soon tbh.

7 hours ago, Mees Madds said:

Daniel is releasing a mini with 6 songs in June-July and another sometime in fall. He will most likely already reach it with the 1st one. Now it's a question if Baekhyun will release his before then and if he'll sell 500k again.

oh so Daniel is doing the 3 comeback per year move, i like that. his fans must be well fed.

Baekhyun probably. Isn't he preparing for his comeback? I can see his next album outselling his debut especially if it's a full album. I think he could do 600k+ easy tbh.

Taeyeon does a lot of comebacks but she also likes releasing singles rather than albums and probably won't be doing a full album + repack any time soon. It'll probably take her at least 2 minis to hit the 1m mark, so maybe next year? 

2 hours ago, lovenatu said:

Baekhyun probably. Isn't he preparing for his comeback? I can see his next album outselling his debut especially if it's a full album. I think he could do 600k+ easy tbh.

yes he is preparing for a comeback, tho we don't know if he will hit 500k again. when idols go solo, their debut album tend to remain their best seller for a long time.

Chen's 2nd album sold less than April And A Flower.

Daniel's 2nd album sold less than Color On Me.

GD's debut album is still his best selling album.

Taeyeon's debut album remained her best selling for a long time.

Baekhyun has better chances of out-selling City Lights if he releases a full album + a repackage. tho i think he will release a mini.

51 minutes ago, Bitoku said:

yes he is preparing for a comeback, tho we don't know if he will hit 500k again. when idols go solo, their debut album tend to remain their best seller for a long time.

Chen's 2nd album sold less than April And A Flower.

Daniel's 2nd album sold less than Color On Me.

GD's debut album is still his best selling album.

Taeyeon's debut album remained her best selling for a long time.

Baekhyun has better chances of out-selling City Lights if he releases a full album + a repackage. tho i think he will release a mini.

Hm that's true. I guess solo stans spend more years saving up for the debut album and so sales for the next few albums go down a bit. I still think that his next comeback would be able to reach at the very least 450k+ and if he does a full album, he'll still be able to do 600k+ with or without a repack. 

SM has also been doing the delayed extra cover release for a lot of their recent albums which pushes up sales a lot so maybe they'll do that for him? Not being able to hold fansigns isn't a concern either because SM realised half way through 127's  promotions that they can announce fansigns without a set date (for after the pandemic) to push kfans to buy the album. If SM uses these gimmicks, I think he can reach 1m next album. 

Posted (edited)

SURPRISED IT'S BAEKHYUN. ROAD TO MILLION SELLER IN JUST MINI ALBUM 😍

Edit: He's a Million Seller now with just mini album 😭😭😭

Edited by OhYeah_2020
  • Tea 2