Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Nofave

with gidle selling 90k a day it will be embarrassing for twice if their album sales do not improve..

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Fckmehyung said:

I've been here but I really dislike the new forum style, so I haven't logged in.

They had a brief period of reversing their decline in mid-late 2018 with DTNA and Yes or Yes, and to a smaller degree WIL,  before Fancy underperformed and Feel Special bombed worse than any other major girl group track in recent history (not even a week in the melon top 10).
I don't think BP will come back until June as reported, but likely even later due to COVID-19. They never have any comebacks early in the year, which is a bit annoying.

tbh feel special zimzalabim and umpah umpah and a couple mamamoo tracks from late 2018 to early 2019 all did really bad... even kill this love that was a follow up to a national hit is blackpink's worst performing title song in korea...it just wasn't the year for girl groups until hip and psycho saved the day and those 2 songs still aren't the highest standard for their respective groups... lets just say fighting to 2020!!! I have hope they will all redeem themselves 

and yeah bp coming in june seems most likely but it is annoying like you said especially since they were rumored to cb early this year but now yge found the perfet excuse to delay it. lets hope for summer smash!!! 

Edited by Nofave

Historically, First day album sales are always lower, but Twice always sell more overall. This is perfect case of tortoise and hare. Twice has longevity and gain supporters along the way.

• Tea 3
  • Clown 1

It's good that there are increasing amounts of Girl Groups finding success in the physical market rather then just 1 or 2 groups.. It's definetely healthier for the kpo industry.

22 hours ago, Nofave said:

tbh feel special zimzalabim and umpah umpah and a couple mamamoo tracks from late 2018 to early 2019 all did really bad... even kill this love that was a follow up to a national hit is blackpink's worst performing title song in korea...it just wasn't the year for girl groups until hip and psycho saved the day and those 2 songs still aren't the highest standard for their respective groups... lets just say fighting to 2020!!! I have hope they will all redeem themselves 

and yeah bp coming in june seems most likely but it is annoying like you said especially since they were rumored to cb early this year but now yge found the perfet excuse to delay it. lets hope for summer smash!!! 

Dalla Dalla too. Basically those 3 were the only real smash hits by ggs last year. Fancy, Gogobebe, Kill this love, etc did well (enough to chart on gaon yearly chart) but not great.

and now Iz*one officially becomes the best selling album by a girl group on gaon.

Man, i really like this new competition between the girl group, pliss twice and BP make a quick comeback so we can know they can take it back their record or not.

but for me, if BP have a comeback, they will be huge and maybe 90% they will get number one sales for girlgroup.( blink save their money almost 1 year after kill this love and lisa popularity in China).

• Tea 1
  • Clown 1

On 4/8/2020 at 9:39 AM, Nofave said:

Mamamoo only had 1 song that underperformed (Windflower), not “a couple”. Gogobebe did a lot better than Feel special or Zimzalabim/ Umpah umpah (it’s the only song among those 4 to chart in top 10 melon weekly, for 2 weeks even) so grouping them together and saying Gogobebe did “really bad” is a stretch. It’s still one of the only 7 gg songs in 2019 that managed to stick around melon top 10 weekly 

13 minutes ago, Lipin said:

Mamamoo only had 1 song that underperformed (Windflower), not “a couple”. Gogobebe did a lot better than Feel special or Zimzalabim/ Umpah umpah (it’s the only song among those 4 to chart in top 10 melon weekly, for 2 weeks even) so grouping them together and saying Gogobebe did “really bad” is a stretch. It’s still one of the only 7 gg songs in 2019 that managed to stick around melon top 10 weekly 

I was just saying all underperformed ranking which song did less bad doesn't make sense unless it's like comparing fancy to zzb or hip to feel special and so on you know? 

at the end of the day feel special zimzalabim umpah umpah gogobebe and windflower are all bad performance wise. gg suffer majority of last year it was sad times

also wasn't there another mamamoo song? why I feel like they had 3 songs in a row that underperformed... maybe its just my mind  

4 hours ago, hynapia said:

Dalla Dalla too. Basically those 3 were the only real smash hits by ggs last year. Fancy, Gogobebe, Kill this love, etc did well (enough to chart on gaon yearly chart) but not great.

yes how can i forget dalla dalla! although I think fancy had better longevity in the end but still dalla dalla was rookie smash hit 

1 hour ago, Nofave said:

I was just saying all underperformed ranking which song did less bad doesn't make sense unless it's like comparing fancy to zzb or hip to feel special and so on you know? 

at the end of the day feel special zimzalabim umpah umpah gogobebe and windflower are all bad performance wise. gg suffer majority of last year it was sad times

also wasn't there another mamamoo song? why I feel like they had 3 songs in a row that underperformed... maybe its just my mind  

It’s just your mind, Mamamoo didn’t have any song between Windflower and Gogobebe. And only 1 song underperformed. You’re probably just mixing Mamamoo up with Red Velvet, the latter of whom did have 3 underperforming songs in a row; either way it’s evident that you don’t have accurate memory/ information but still liked to talk as if you do.

It’s also your own words that claimed all those songs did “really bad”, not mine. In truth Gogobebe didn’t do really bad by any means, certainly not by 2019’s standards. You’re talking as if it’s a flop when it’s definitely not. In the first half of 2019 only Dalla dalla, Kill this love and Fancy performed better for gg songs. And in the second half there were Hip and Psycho, that’s it. Gogobebe did much better than Feel special, Zimzalabim, Icy and other gg songs on korean charts. That’s why it’s very jarring when someone groups those songs together and worse even claims they all did really bad. This revisionist view is simply wrong on all accounts

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Lipin said:

It’s just your mind, Mamamoo didn’t have any song between Windflower and Gogobebe. And only 1 song underperformed. You’re probably just mixing Mamamoo up with Red Velvet, the latter of whom did have 3 underperforming songs in a row; either way it’s evident that you don’t have accurate memory/ information but still liked to talk as if you do.

It’s also your own words that claimed all those songs did “really bad”, not mine. In truth Gogobebe didn’t do really bad by any means, certainly not by 2019’s standards. You’re talking as if it’s a flop when it’s definitely not. In the first half of 2019 only Dalla dalla, Kill this love and Fancy performed better for gg songs. And in the second half there were Hip and Psycho, that’s it. Gogobebe did much better than Feel special, Zimzalabim, Icy and other gg songs on korean charts. That’s why it’s very jarring when someone groups those songs together and worse even claims they all did really bad. This revisionist view is simply wrong on all accounts

Fine I will remove gogobebe from this narrative and group it with fancy and KTL instead 

so here are the 2019 top gg song tiers 

success: psycho hip

amazing: dalla dalla 

good: fancy ktl gogobebe 

meh: zimzalabim icy violeta 

rip: feel special umpah umpah 

wind flower was 2018 right? I won’t rank it then but it would be under rip if it was 2019

Edited by Nofave

6 hours ago, Nofave said:

Fine I will remove gogobebe from this narrative and group it with fancy and KTL instead 

so here are the 2019 top gg song tiers 

success: psycho hip

amazing: dalla dalla 

good: fancy ktl gogobebe 

meh: zimzalabim icy violeta 

rip: feel special umpah umpah 

wind flower was 2018 right? I won’t rank it then but it would be under rip if it was 2019

If I remember correctly Icy and Violeta did better than zimzalabim or at least they had more longevity/digital points

What about A Pink, Gfriend and OMG 2019 songs? I guess they'd be in the "meh" category too because they didn't flop but they didn't do that great either

Twice will be fine. BP and Twice should both see huge physical sale increases with their next comebacks

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hynapia said:

If I remember correctly Icy and Violeta did better than zimzalabim or at least they had more longevity/digital points

What about A Pink, Gfriend and OMG 2019 songs? I guess they'd be in the "meh" category too because they didn't flop but they didn't do that great either

true feel special also had more longevity than all of them (charted 5 months in top 100) but it's too hard to nitpick like that so I gave up.... let's just agree 2019 was weak 😞 

Edited by Nofave

1 hour ago, Nofave said:

true feel special also had more longevity than all of them (charted 5 months in top 100) but it's too hard to nitpick like that so I gave up.... let's just agree 2019 was weak 😞 

Yeah, people paint Feel Special as a total flop but it actually did better than all the songs in meh, and than the main releases of other popular ggs like A Pink, OMG, Gfriend and G-idle.

2019 was weak but so far 2020 is even worse. The only decent gg hits so far are Fiesta and Wannabe and it's not like they're huge hits either.

Also, it's just me or ggs are more and more like bgs lately? Like, there's many girl groups that don't chart that well or at all but they have big physical sales, big views and a solid fandom. For example, G-idle's song keep dropping on melon daily but physically they've already sold +100k on hanteo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hynapia said:

Yeah, people paint Feel Special as a total flop but it actually did better than all the songs in meh, and than the main releases of other popular ggs like A Pink, OMG, Gfriend and G-idle.

2019 was weak but so far 2020 is even worse. The only decent gg hits so far are Fiesta and Wannabe and it's not like they're huge hits either.

Also, it's just me or ggs are more and more like bgs lately? Like, there's many girl groups that don't chart that well or at all but they have big physical sales, big views and a solid fandom. For example, G-idle's song keep dropping on melon daily but physically they've already sold +100k on hanteo.

yeah its because it didn't even stay top 10 for 1 week but i believe it charted longer than signal that was #1 for 2 weeks... it's still a flop for twice but not that bad like you said

and yes i notice that too!!!! i'm also confused as to why charting is hard these days.... the melon chart is dead but all these kpop groups that released the past month have been struggling. maybe covid impact? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nofave said:

yeah its because it didn't even stay top 10 for 1 week but i believe it charted longer than signal that was #1 for 2 weeks... it's still a flop for twice but not that bad like you said

and yes i notice that too!!!! i'm also confused as to why charting is hard these days.... the melon chart is dead but all these kpop groups that released the past month have been struggling. maybe covid impact? 

At the end longevity is more important tbh. I've seen songs topping charts and staying on melon top 10 for a few weeks but then drop fast after the initial hype while others haven't smashed the charts but have charted top 50-100 for a long time. Lovelyz's Ah Choo is a good example of a longevity hit. I think it never peaked higher than 40 on melon but it charted for a few months and reached 1M of downloads.

The covid can be a reason but, there's OSTs and solo singers still pulling 700k ULs so...I think it's more like a general trend since the last year of the GP interested more on non idols/solo singers. It's like they only check out the same 5-6 popular groups and ignore the rest. None of the 4th gen has really grabbed the public attention yet either. For comparison, Twice, Blackpink, RV, Mamamoo and Gfriend already had smash hits and were trendy names by their second year while from the 4th gen only ITZY has a significative hit song. Nowadays ggs have bigger fandoms but less public interest. I guess the public so far isn't bothered to check out so many new groups and prefer sticking to the established ones and solo artists.

Edited by hynapia

It's funny seeing Twice and embarrassing in one sentence 'cause they never, you know, embarrass their fans lol

Posted (edited)

No. TWICE will sell 230k on Hanteo overall & 450k on Gaon overall. I don't see any other GG will surpass them except for BP & IZ.

Edited by fullofjoy
  • Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 12:10 PM, fullofjoy said:

No. TWICE will sell 230k on Hanteo overall & 450k on Gaon overall. I don't see any other GG will surpass them except for BP & IZ.

Exactly 

I don't see them selling more than what they usually do.

But with more Chinese support, we could see new heights.

9 hours ago, Jollux said:

But with more Chinese support, we could see new heights.

Which TWICE doesn't have.