Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Nofave

with gidle selling 90k a day it will be embarrassing for twice if their album sales do not improve..

from top selling girl group to 3rd just within the past few months... people of OH do you believe twice will also see an increase in sales or be stagnant

from my stats so far every gg (and taeyeon and iu for soloists) who had a cb since november has had a skyrocket increase in album sales. Is it because hanteo metrics increased and include more stores or is everyone growing while leaving twice behind... so sad for ngg but I believe their cb will surprise us all! I thought izone was exception but g-idle sales show me twice have the potential to reclaim their crown

JYPE give us cb so I can have more juicy gg competition... and blackpink cb too because c-blinks keep collecting money despite no cb news!!! 

• Like 2
  • Clown 8
  • Dislike 2

i don't really care about the numbers since i'm just really anticipating twice and bp comebacks

however to answer the question, i feel both groups will do well as usual

• Clown 1

Posted (edited)

lmfao I truly can never tell if you like twice or not...

twice will show an increase in sales too idk if they'll break izones record or not but it isn't gonna be a shock for their sales to shoot up too... they've always reclaimed their records and broke their own records too so I mean

likewise with blackpink. Time will show all but I would be more surprised if their sales didn't increase than the other way around

Edited by turn it up!
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why would it be embarrassing for Twice? They're still by far the best selling gg of all time* and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Smh why can't we appreciate group achievements rather than compare it to others? Is it that hard?

Edited by Deukae07
  • Like 3
  • Tea 4

It won't? Since Twice most likely will sell more overall?

Anyway, (G)I-dle skyrocketed, and Twice are still queens of physical sales, we like GGs doing great.

• Tea 2
  • Clown 1

The increase for all girlgroups is clearly following a pattern, c-fans, so it'll be hard for Twice to match that for obvious reasons, I don't see their sales increasing that much

Posted (edited)

Feel Special sold 200k+ on Hanteo overall. You are way too early in judging this. It has literally been 1 day...Plus Gidle had a humongous first day because of Chinese fan bulk orders. I guarantee you there will be a huge drop in sales on day 3-7. Same thing happened with Moonbyul's album. Both Gidle and Mamamoo gained a ton of chinese fans from Queendoms so most of the orders for their albums get counted on that first day and then dramatically drop after that.

I really doubt gidle will go on to sell more than 200k. Quote me back here if I am wrong but the fact that you think Twice is over is laughable when they're consistently one of the top GG's when it comes to album sales and the majority of their 2-4 year old albums are still selling in the hundreds daily.

Also we really need to stop putting 1st day sales as the "end all be all" for GG sales. There have been many cases of all online orders getting split into 2 days vs the 1st day the album drops (happened with Twice & BP and I believe some other groups). It's the OVERALL sales that is 100x times more important in the long run.

Edited by soneluvie
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)

Yeah Twice should be able to sell max 550k since everyone increased their sales because I am sure BP will pull 600k with 200k sales already ready before the comeback.  

Edited by Acer
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 2

People are taking the first day sales way too seriously, at the end of the day it's the monthly gaon numbers that matter.

• Like 7
  • Tea 1

G idle doing well won't change the fact that twice and blackpink  will have bigger album sales lol at least with blackpink you can expect at least  209,277 copies the first day (that's what they have so far)

I'm sure it won't be different with twice they will have 200k+ 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Snsd QUEEN OF KPOP said:

I I doubt gidle will sell as much as twice, blackpink, izone, or red velvet 

izone sure but rv had cb in december and the sales were not even their personal highest. but it was a repackage so maybe with their 2020 album it'll be a spike in sales toon

nothing is guaranteed for bp and twice but things will be so interesting if they can not beat it! kpop is finally having competition it makes me happy after a boring year last year 

Edited by Nofave
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Acer said:

Yeah Twice should be able to sell max 550k since everyone increased their sales because I am sure BP will pull 600k with 200k sales already ready before the comeback.  

[email protected]@@ you get me acer! 

• Tea 1

Kpop won't grow much more, the chinese idol market is the one growing, YG was smart sending Lisa to Idol Producer 

High first day/week  sales doesn't necessarily mean higher sales overall. Twice don't usually have super high first day/week sales but unlike other groups their sales aren't that frontloaded and stay selling well after many weeks, so their total sales are higher. I'm pretty sure they're gonna sell 400-450k again at the very least, especially after the drought.

Also, "every single gg after november" is kinda a reach. Only Izone, G-idle and maybe Loona skyrocketed the sales. RV, Gfriend, ITZY, Dreamcatcher, etc remained around the same.

3 hours ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

The increase for all girlgroups is clearly following a pattern, c-fans, so it'll be hard for Twice to match that for obvious reasons, I don't see their sales increasing that much

In Iz*one's case is more japanese fans tho, no?

In G-idle's case I agree it's c-fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hynapia said:

In Iz*one's case is more japanese fans tho, no?

In G-idle's case I agree it's c-fans.

no it is C-fans I believe mainly sakura chinese fans

but they also have large J-fanbase too of course 

• Tea 1

25 minutes ago, Nofave said:

no it is C-fans I believe mainly sakura chinese fans

but they also have large J-fanbase too of course 

So basically the key for such big album sales is getting a big c-fanbase. I think that's probably what happened to SVT too, they went from selling just 400k to 800k with the last album because a couple of their members promoted in chinese shows. It happened to WJSN sales too. Since the c-line got popular in China they sell nearly 100k now.

YG was indeed smart putting Lisa as a mentor in idol producer. I expect 500k sales at least for BP comeback tbh.

• Like 2

Pretty clear to anyone with a brain that Blackpink's next comeback is gonna break all records. First day, first week, total sales for one album etc.

G-Idle probably won't catch up to the declining Twice quite yet, but maybe if their Chinese fan base grows more.

• Like 1
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 3
  • Dislike 3

14 minutes ago, Fckmehyung said:

Pretty clear to anyone with a brain that Blackpink's next comeback is gonna break all records. First day, first week, total sales for one album etc.

G-Idle probably won't catch up to the declining Twice quite yet, but maybe if their Chinese fan base grows more.

oh you're back... you say twice is declining since 2017 it's been a while since I seen you say that though!

I don't think bp is coming back any time soon but twice i think will come back may to june so we shall see their numbers then 

• Tea 1
  • Clown 1

12 hours ago, Nofave said:

oh you're back... you say twice is declining since 2017 it's been a while since I seen you say that though!

I don't think bp is coming back any time soon but twice i think will come back may to june so we shall see their numbers then 

I've been here but I really dislike the new forum style, so I haven't logged in.

They had a brief period of reversing their decline in mid-late 2018 with DTNA and Yes or Yes, and to a smaller degree WIL,  before Fancy underperformed and Feel Special bombed worse than any other major girl group track in recent history (not even a week in the melon top 10).
I don't think BP will come back until June as reported, but likely even later due to COVID-19. They never have any comebacks early in the year, which is a bit annoying.

• Clown 3
  • Dislike 1

If anything Twice is more known for their stability... constantly selling 250k+ with every comeback.

• Like 2
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 1