Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Belkiss

BigHit has sued the NCTzen who accused Jungkook of sexual harassment

5 hours ago, NoIdeaWhyImHere said:

I wonder if all the people saying suing a child is horrible are against punishing this child too?
Just a kid no way he could have known it was wrong right? /s

are you really comparing a kid who made an edgy tweet (who should be punished in some way but not sued by a multimillionaire company) to one that was involved in human trafficking and sexual exploitation? it's disgusting that so many women have been taken advantage of and you're comparing their case to a tweet made about your rich, successful idol 

• Like 3
  • Clown 3
  • Dislike 8

Just now, Metronomy said:

the point, which you missed, is whether children should be held accountable for their actions or not.

besides it's most likely more than just an "edgy tweet" if police decided to press charges. that has nothing to do with the company. they just hand over the evidence.

and let's not treat idols like they aren't human beings. it's really fucking ugly.

it is still tasteless to bring up the case when they are no where near comparable. they could have made their point without bringing it up. i'm pretty sure the people who replied to this thread saying that "suing is horrible" were talking about the context of this tweet situation, so to act as if they'd see no problem with the culprit being a child and getting away unscathed by default doesn't sit right with me

• Like 2
  • Dislike 8

39 minutes ago, RS92 said:

So being rich and successful suddenly makes it ok to get attacked with false sexual harassment accusations that were actually trending on social media..no wonder its just kpop for y'all and not deep..bet they are not real humans for you since its kpop

exactly where did i say that being rich and successful makes it fine for them to receive such accusations? being "rich and successful" = having the luxury of being shielded by your fans and your name protected by your company, whereas that is not the case for others so we can't pretend they're on the same boat

• Like 1
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, RS92 said:

Having the 'luxury of being shielded by your fans and name protected by company' is not going to guarantee their well being MENTALLY..more so if the company doesnt take action just like y'all dont want them to since its just an 'edgy kid' online..many more edgy kids and teens are being sued for the same reason and same accusation.. its not just one for bts to not see specially since its on the korean side..

yes, it would not guarantee their mental well being. you are right

30 minutes ago, Joey said:

So it's okay if another idol with less fans to sue the kids but it's not okay for jungkook because he has a lot more fans? Does having more fans make jungkook's well being less than others?

i was never talking about other idols in my original post? i was referring to the victims of the room case, how their case and jk's can't be compared... that was literally the only thing i was trying to get across from the beginning

• Like 2
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Joey said:

Did you not read the damn convo? They said because according to them it's just an " edgy tweet" that the kid doesn't need to be sued. Guess what that damn "edgy tweet" is actually a sexual harassment accusation. and then that person also Implying that because jungkook have fans and bighit to shield him that make him just fine and peachy. But guess what again, just because jungkook has fans he is still a victim and have rights to sue that edgy 12 y.o with their edgy tweet

12 hours ago, anko said:

exactly where did i say that being rich and successful makes it fine for them to receive such accusations? being "rich and successful" = having the luxury of being shielded by your fans and your name protected by your company, whereas that is not the case for others so we can't pretend they're on the same boat

i think you're just really pressed that i don't think a lawsuit is a good way to go about this, which is MY opinion tyvm, even though i stated that the middle schooler should still receive punishment. but for some reason you keep missing the point i try to make about how inappropriate the comparisons are over and over again. and where did i imply anything?

so.. sorry for my input which ultimately won't change anything about how this will go? lol

2 hours ago, eli said:

first, they dont think the kid needs to be sued, meanwhile they specified that they SHOULD be punished in some other way so idk why ur mad about that. second no they did not imply that everything is fine and peachy just bc jungkook has fans and bighit and the fact that ur asking me if i can "read the damn convo" while u are part of the convo but just not getting it or not wanting to get it is very funny thanks. idk how many times that person has to repeat that its about the COMPARISON BEING MADE BETWEEN THIS SITUATION AND NTH ROOM but maybe u will get it on ur 6th try, good luck

see, they get it! 

Spoiler

also, just wanna know what i said here warrants getting 5 downvotes when no one has responded to it? let's discuss

21 hours ago, anko said:

it is still tasteless to bring up the case when they are no where near comparable. they could have made their point without bringing it up. i'm pretty sure the people who replied to this thread saying that "suing is horrible" were talking about the context of this tweet situation, so to act as if they'd see no problem with the culprit being a child and getting away unscathed by default doesn't sit right with me

• Like 2
  • Dislike 5

2 hours ago, Joey said:

The problem is you underestimate the power of sexual harassment accusation and downgraded it to a mere edgy tweet, if that tweet directed at someone other than jungkook and cost that person career and livelihood do you still think that 12 y.o don't need to be sue?

because, for the umpteenth time, in comparison to the nth room cases, i do think it is just a tweet. it never escalated to the extent to ruin his life (and i hope it stays that way) and bighit took action before that could happen. he is obviously a victim but the difference between the severity of their cases is too vast to ever be compared, bringing us back to the only reason why i'm here. if no one brought up the room case i would not have reduced it to a mere edgy tweet to make my point

"someone other than jungkook"

tell you what: if, god forbid, this exact same situation happens again to any other idol, and i say that "yes, the kid SHOULD be sued", you're free to harass me and call me a hypocrite as much as your heart desires since you seem so adamant that i'm only saying all of this because it's jk

2 hours ago, Joey said:

Do you think someone mentality is equal to being grounded or allowance being taken? What kind of punishment do you think that will compensate to the person? 

idk! i'm not a child psychologist but i do think that there are better solutions than to dent their parents' bank account since the child will get out of this situation learning most likely nothing

4 hours ago, eli said:

dw about the downvotes the ppl on this site see any opinion that does not match their own as hating on their faves, we do not allow different inputs here 😤

so a herd mentality, hate to see it damn

• Dislike 5

4 hours ago, Joey said:

So basically you don't want the kid to be sue but you don't know what to do the kid and you have no idea what the appropriate things to do

And you're going to answer that you're not a psychologist to know this thing 

And when a lot of people disagree with you, you're going to call it a herd mentality 🙂🙂

There's a name for people like you in my country, it's NATO, No Action Talk Only 🤷

because i'm not going to foam at the mouth thinking of how to punish a child that isn't my own when i do not know how parenting works. just being honest

and yes, a herd mentality because a lot of people seem to disagree with that one post yet no one has called me out for it 😞 i'm pretty sure my PMs are open if someone would be kind enough to tell me what was wrong with that statement of mine 

no action talk only? well what kind of action do you me to take LMAO

2 hours ago, Usagi. said:

How interesting, "it's disgusting that so many women have been taken advantage of" and " a kid who made a "'edgy tweet"" who should be not be sued by a multimillionaire company"...

The way you try to defend women rights but seem unable to see how and why false accusations of abuse or sexual herrassment, being made as a joke pra not, are more than "edgy tweets" doesnt sit right with me either. This kind of crime this middle schooler commited is one of the many problems related to why women face so many struggles when trying to report a real abuse and real sexual herrassment. People who think this is somehow excusable of facing consequences because apparently it's ~not that serious~ are part of the problem as well.

It wasnt an edgy tweet, nor excusable  because of age.

I'm not sure why some people seem so focused on defending someone who accused someone of something so serious because of fanwars.

do i think false sexual harassment accusations are horrible and detrimental to women as well? absolutely, because like you said, it makes it harder when women try to report real sexual abuse cases and will feel discouraged because of it in fear of being called liars among other things. no doubt

but what you seem to not get, is that it still does not make it ok for the two cases to be compared. the tweet is horrible on its own without bringing up the other case

i never said that it is "excusable of facing consequences". where did i say that?

an accusation made re: someone groping their friend, which has already been dealt with, will never compare to human trafficking and blackmailing women among whom are minors

and as i previously said, 

6 hours ago, anko said:

if no one brought up the room case i would not have reduced it to a mere edgy tweet to make my point

you're really bending over backwards trying to prove me wrong for something i never said. like really, i'm begging you to tell me where i said that the middle schooler should not face consequences...

• Like 1
  • Clown 2
  • Dislike 2