Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
love

do you consider yourself an optimist or a pessimist?

i guess i consider myself more of a realistic optimist...buying *too* much into negativity doesn’t seem very productive to me and usually makes me feel worse, even when i know a situation is pretty bad.

what about y’all? and why? 

I would say it depends on my mood, I can either be very optimistic or be very pessimistic

1 minute ago, Sofs said:

Pessimist 

:imstupid:

Quite pessimist, it's often really hard for me to see the good sides of anything 453698154299392010.png

Hypercritical, which is considered the extreme manifestation of pessimism.

My childhood was filled heavily with constant and strict social reinforcement.
I had to live up to the expectations of others, which inevitably shaped the standard that I set for myself.
Not to mention, because I felt disadvantaged throughout many parts of my life, this only reinforced the need to adopt this mindset.

It's an ongoing battle to change my very thoughts that enable this pessimism to occur because it was so entrenched from a young age.
By gradual exposure to situations where I can find opportunities to improve myself, hopefully I will be motivated to remain willing and patient.

If you consider being cynical, skeptical, and critical as pessimism then sure I am. However, I try to look at positive things as well. I prefer the term realist. I wanna know about reality as closest as possible and for the most part reality is fuck up and ugly business.

Pessmist at the surface, optimist at heart.

Deeeefinitely optimistic, I find almost everything amusing and can laugh at anything. 

Realistic optimist. Considering what life has thrown at me I am an optimist.

Posted (edited)

optimist because if I didn't stay optimistic, I'd probably be dead already

Edited by delirium

I'd like to think I'm pretty optimist. But on a shady day, that thought easily thrown into the drain. How can moodlet coaster rider like me can make a stand whether I'm optimist or pessimist?? 

:smile:

Neither maybe. I really don't have much expectations about anything and I'm more about living the moment but for some people not being optimistic automatically makes you a pessimist so I could be the latter as well.

i can be a mix of both sometimes but im mostly a pessimist

For most of my life my philosophy has been that pessimism is better because you'll never set your expectations too high and be disappointed

but I thinking negatively seems to be making me unhappy so I'm trying to become more of an optimist

It's really hard though, I'm so accustomed to being a pessimist

Pessimistic and extremely cynical. I assume the worst about every situation or person and ruin shit for myself. It really sucks.