Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
lighterxx

My unis reputation absolutely SUCK

Posted (edited)

At the end of the day, it is your faculty's reputation that matters more (when it comes to grad school) because it reflects on the education you have received.

I go to a regional uni, not prestigious but the arts faculty has hired some fantastic academics in the last decade and built a reputable faculty. Also where we lack in prestige, our uni/academics's teaching capabilities rank on the higher end in my state. It's why I chose to stay here.

Your university overall matters less than the reputation of your teachers and the people teaching you the skills you will need to market yourself with later on for masters.

Edited by freya
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lighterxx said:

But it worries me like T^T there is huge lack of security, and im in semester B therefore our classrooms are very small, we get to learn better

Im scared at second year I will struggle in full size lecture hall, thats what happened in prestigious uni one.

lack of security is another thing altogether...do you feel unsafe? why? Is the uni not doing anything about it?

What do you mean by reputation here? Does bad mean that it is unsafe? Because that's different from it just being lesser than a prestigious one.

Also, full sized lecture halls have less interaction... that's the main difference. I have been in halls with 200-400 people and classes with 4-5 people, both are different learning systems that you get used to the more you do them. Don't be afraid of trying something new! I use dto be afraid of the smaller classes and thought I would never do well... they're my favorites now.

Edited by freya