Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

[Tencent] CHUANG 2020 (Produce Camp 2020) - Now Airing Ep. 1-4

Posted (edited)

Im just gonna be honest.. I cant help comparing it to youth with you... YWY is one of the fairest  "build a group" competition shows i've watched 

And im not even gonna lie to you.. chuang is boring me... ill wait and see if it picks up but really ive been over it since i noticed the unfair "rile up the audience" fuckery

Edited by MelanatedBeauty
  • Love 1
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 1

Whoever keeps giving clown reacts must be a SM stan... like yeah the mentors are famous but the whole point of the show is supposed to be documenting the trainee's growth, not the mentors

• Tea 4

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, WujuLike said:

Whoever keeps giving clown reacts must be a SM stan... like yeah the mentors are famous but the whole point of the show is supposed to be documenting the trainee's growth, not the mentors

And the mentors are also incompetent, they should hire some professional trainers or veteran singers instead. There is no doubt that Victoria, Tao, Kris and Luhan are good idols but they still lack experience to become mentors

Edited by MAKI
  • Like 1
  • Tea 2
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 2

8 hours ago, MAKI said:

And the mentors are also incompetent, they should hire some professional trainers or veteran singers instead. There is no doubt that Victoria, Tao, Kris and Luhan are good idols but they still lack experience to become mentors

But the mentors are just as it says 'mentors'. They are not the girls trainers. There is a difference. The girls do have behind the scene real vocal and dance trainers. Tencent actually only even required the 4 mentors to show up & film the 1st & last practice to give some advices etc. Tao was just really immerse into it so he showed up multiple times in between to help LTG Team.

Even during Theme Song Evaluation the 4 mentors only showed up to evaluate them then film the announcement of result after. They did not train the girls themselves. They have professional dance & vocal trainers for that.

• Like 4
  • Tea 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Ash0896 said:

But the mentors are just as it says 'mentors'. They are not the girls trainers. There is a difference. The girls do have behind the scene real vocal and dance trainers. Tencent actually only even required the 4 mentors to show up & film the 1st & last practice to give some advices etc. Tao was just really immerse into it so he showed up multiple times in between to help LTG Team.

Even during Theme Song Evaluation the 4 mentors only showed up to evaluate them then film the announcement of result after. They did not train the girls themselves. They have professional dance & vocal trainers for that.

But their comments can affect the outcome of battles and votes, just look at Kris's sneaky comment to support "miss chic" when "signature move" is much better than miss chic

Edited by MAKI

Yeh, sadly, I think a lot of your criticism is very valid. The over-the-top manipulation for drama points, making different trainees jump through different hoops/challenges, and the focus on the coaches who are messy AF does make this into a very uneven and an exhausting viewing.

The coaches are definitely the most distracting and annoying part. Victoria and Mao are somewhat the more normal/professional ones, but they kinda lack punch or gravity, allowing Tao and Luhan to basically run away with it and do whatever they want it seems like. It's like a frat party with 2 overly excited boys (well, mostly Tao, but Luhan enables him), but no adults in sight to keep them in check. Gets tiring real fast.

In that regard, YWY is definitely a way easier watch with competent/consistent judging and not having the trainees all do very different challenges for bullshit drama. However, I still think the top vocal talent on CHUANG 2020 is way better than YWY. You can bring over the top 5 vocals of this show, and they would be the top 5 vocals of that show.

So I will continue to watch both and hopefully the judging on this show gets a bit better.

• Like 3

Are the current top 55 on the voting app the ones that are gonna make it or is there added votes/changes that will be revealed on the show? 

On 5/22/2020 at 6:42 AM, Dutchy said:

Yeh, sadly, I think a lot of your criticism is very valid. The over-the-top manipulation for drama points, making different trainees jump through different hoops/challenges, and the focus on the coaches who are messy AF does make this into a very uneven and an exhausting viewing.

The coaches are definitely the most distracting and annoying part. Victoria and Mao are somewhat the more normal/professional ones, but they kinda lack punch or gravity, allowing Tao and Luhan to basically run away with it and do whatever they want it seems like. It's like a frat party with 2 overly excited boys (well, mostly Tao, but Luhan enables him), but no adults in sight to keep them in check. Gets tiring real fast.

In that regard, YWY is definitely a way easier watch with competent/consistent judging and not having the trainees all do very different challenges for bullshit drama. However, I still think the top vocal talent on CHUANG 2020 is way better than YWY. You can bring over the top 5 vocals of this show, and they would be the top 5 vocals of that show.

So I will continue to watch both and hopefully the judging on this show gets a bit better.

My opinions different since Vic is from my ult group and I stanned tao for a bit.  Tbh it’s kinda like the voice or American idol where your at least also watching for the mentors too.  I’ve started watching ywy too and is there a main MC since Kun and Tao are always the ones reading the rules and such

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foncho majere said:

When are the cuts, and how many will stay? 

I think it's this week? And top 55?

This comment will be shorter this time since I skipped 90% of part 1. While it is nice to see the girls having fun, I do not care to see the same 20 girls over and over again so I found the first part of episode 4 to be useless. As for the second half, I was a bit surprised by it for a few reasons. I am happy that some of my faves who were in the lower end were able to make it in, and that my previous prediction of Feifei only having a 50% chance of making it in turned out well. I am a bit confused about some of the girls dropping and rising as they did because some of them do not make sense to me, but since I still cannot name 2/3 of the top 55 maybe I am missing something. 

I would like to highlight Chen Zhouxuan's ranking speech because I am a bit afraid of C-netz hating her over it. A lot of the same girls are getting advertisements, yet she is #2 and has not gotten one. This ticks me off because you have some of the top girls getting little to no advertisements, and the same girls, some of who are now ranking much lower than them, are getting a whole bunch. Heck, Curley is number one but I am not even sure if she's gotten an advertisement. 

I do have a couple of questions for this episode:

1. It is no question that Zhang Yifan and Sally are favorites and unless they pull a Joey Chua, they will make the final lineup. However, their screen time is quite excessive and I have to wonder if the producers want one of them to be center, and whether they are willing to sabotage Curley in order to make that happen. Maybe I am overthinking this, but I can see this happening.
  2. Can someone explain to me what the purpose of the sit-in trainees is? I understand that three of them were saved, but other than that I didn't understand the rest? I also cannot understand why they needed to be saved - unless something drastic happens to gain them more fans, there's a pretty good chance they are getting eliminated after the next round.
  3. Are the mentors choosing the songs for the trainees again? They were all lined up in groups of 5 (6?) behind song choices so I just assumed that's what happened. If so, that is really disappointing. I can accept it for the first performance, but to keep on doing this could rob some of the girls their chance of proving themselves or showing off their strengths.

Edited by KittieKat

I hate how they did the eliminations... lining everyone up and having them answering questions before announcing who made it to the next round, answering more questions and THEN announcing the rankings

Edited by WujuLike

Skipped the 1st hr of ep 4 part 1... its too draggy.. 

Chen zhuo xuan is too outspoken.. not sure if this will benefit her or drag her ranking down.  She one of my top 7 pick.

Criticizing someone publicity in Chinese culture is just a NONO.. Its worst if the sponsor is state-link/owned.. 

Edited by WoShiProDevils

2 hours ago, WujuLike said:

I hate how they did the eliminations... lining everyone up and having them answering questions before announcing who made it to the next round, answering more questions and THEN announcing the rankings

Same, it was very weird

Series of bad decisions by Tencent, including replacing the ranking triangles with ballsacks. 

Haha Chen Zhuo Xuan! What a girl! I think she just cemented herself as variety Gold, on this show at least. No way the producers will let her fail before the very end (if even that).

She has guts. And vocally, even on a show with a lot of vocal talents, she's easily one of the top 5. So skill wise, she should definitely be sticking around. Her dancing skills are kinda mediocre, but probably still good enough for just girl group dancing.

Show itself is still kinda hit and miss. Oh well, I'm still going to keep watching.

Edited by Dutchy