Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
AwkwardMango

How to deal with knowing the person you like never took you seriously?

Okay there’s 3 people involved: Me, Eric, and Bin 

So me and Bin have been talking for a while and we had good feelings for each other,. I really really liked him. Currently Bin is a bit far away so it was a long distance kind of thing. I would stay up all night just to talk with him but he would only send me a few messages a day, he would tell me he was busy but it was getting really hard for me to wait all the time. We fought about it a few times and decided to give each other space for two weeks. I didn’t like this idea originally. The problem was not communicating enough but since he wanted it, I decided to give him some space. I wasn’t happy with this

in the mean time, I got closer with Eric (Who is best friends with Bin..I Met Eric through Bin) and I can feel that he likes me a lot more than Bin. He’s always taking care of me and spends more time with me but I always made sure to keep a distance because I didn’t want to hurt Bin. Me and Eric are good friends and today he finally decided to tell me something. He told me yesterday he and Bin were talking and Bin told him he never took me seriously and just saw me as a friend. I don’t understand...then why did Bin tell me so many times he liked me so much and wanted to date me? I’m so heart broken right now. Actually I’m just a fucking idiot. While writing this story, I realized the signs that Bin wasn’t as into me as I was into him and I just feel like a piece of shit

First of all, you're not an idiot. It's more than normal to think someone's into you if they say they like you and wanna date you. Bin is a douchebag and you deserve way better than him...

Bin is an asshole, screw him. 

Little petty me though would date Eric just to get back at Bin (don't do this just because I would) but anyways Eric seems like a nice guy, I'd continue being friends with him but not Bin.

Is it really the truth though? Eric seems to enjoy being around you. Maybe he could see it as opportunity.

But tbh Bin doesnt seems like that great match to you. Try to talk to him after those two weeks and if he wont respond in a way you would like, you should dump him. Relationship is great only if both of the couple feel it the same way. If he feels like you are suffocating him wit your interest or you feel like he doesnt care about you at all and it hurts you, it means you both would be happier with someone else.

something happened to me recently wit a girl ive had crush on for awhile -- and i knew she liked me too. but i was just not interested in a relationship cuz ik it'd never work. but a week ago she was being rude af to me publicly. first, i was hurt, and second mad and embarassed she publicly lambasted me for no reason. ffw a week later, the next time i saw her (a few days ago) its back to normal. even tho it made me cry hhhh it was best to happen. cuz i feel really over her. tho i dont understand why she suddenly treat me bad when we've liked e/o for awhile. i feel like i should feel stupid and doubt she liked me back, but i knew. so basically im saying...dont feel stupid abt it. u shouldnt. theres possibility he did feel that way, but it has just changed since. and even if it goes back to how it used to be before any tension...just remember how you felt hurt by him & be cautious. (for my situation, i see it as...even if its pleasant atm, she needs to make up being rude to me for me to like her again hhh)

I don't think your an idiot at all. You've only thought someone liked you as much as you liked them. It's natural to misinterpret things, especially when we feel strong feelings for someone else. I think we all experience a clouded mind at some point when we're  really into or simply love someone. Don't be so hard on yourself. 

On the other hand, Bin doesn't seem like a great match to you and maybe not much of friend either. But, maybe I'm wrong about the friend aspect here. If I were you, I'd continue to give Bin space until he reaches out to you.. Maybe his past behavior towards you is something personal. Maybe he's going through a rough patch, you never now. Eric seems questionable. Even though you two seem to be getting along well, I wouldn't put all my trust into him since based on what you've said, he's still new in your circle and hasn't gotten close to you until now when you and Bin so happen to be having a halt in your relationship. Overall, whatever happens, keep your head up and don't be so hard on yourself.