Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cat_OTO

event photos Gucci Ambassador (and birthday boy) Kai at Gucci Men's MFW

Gucci Kai  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your fave Gucci!Kai ?

• Beaded crown Kai at Arles -- 180531
    • Midnight Cowboy Kai in Paris -- 180925
    • Stud collar Kai in Rome -- 190528
    • 70s florals Kai in Milan -- 200114

EOPcPuQUwAEHZBo.jpg

EOPdLbzWsAAEMC9.jpg

EOPdLcGWsAEiuc5.jpg

As usual with Gucci and with Kai, the boundaries of masculine/feminine, safe/edgy are being pushed. It's not something I could pull off or even choose to mix plaids with florals -- but as usual he wears the shit out of it.

Gucci Kai through the years.WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE GUCCI KAI? (see poll):

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kai shyly meets and greets Jared Leto (also a Gucci boy):

ETA: And he posted about it immediately! lol

Edited by Cat_OTO
  • Like 1

the outfits look like for an old man, or like from 70s, which is not quite my style. not that Kai would be at fault of course, he is gorgeous as always! I blame Gucci :meow:

3 hours ago, Choi Chanhee said:

the outfits look like for an old man, or like from 70s, which is not quite my style. not that Kai would be at fault of course, he is gorgeous as always! I blame Gucci :meow:

It's not really my style either -- it looks like... 1977. 

I used to think that Gucci was all about logos, because some rich people will buy anything as long as their is a giant-ass brand logo on it.

However, I do think Gucci really takes a stand with its aesthetic. No other brand looks like Gucci, they all look a bit boring. Those Gucci sneakers they did a few years ago are now a thing at all the major fashion houses, as are the 80s-style leisure suits.

Gucci has been reappraising the 'ugly 70s' decade, forcing people to decide whether we embrace the ugly as pretty. Alessandro Michele (current head designer of Gucci) must have grown up in that 70s era because there is something nostalgic in the way he presents his designs on models of all ages, backgrounds and quirky looks. He dresses them like its their own personal style.

At the same time, the 1970s was a very anxious time. Terrorism. The Cold War. Recession. It was also a decadent time. I feel like currently we are living a similar period of disillusionment, uncertainty and anxiety -- maybe that's why Gucci connects with the current mood. It has seen v strong sales over the past 3 years.

57326235_10156885380661013_4307620089265389568_o1.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&crop=top&fit=crop&h=356&w=637

Edited by Cat_OTO