Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Poetry

[VLIVE] My Major is HIP-HOP (M-F, 9PM KST)

Posted (edited)

upload_Vlive-cover2.jpg?type=nf800_256

A new concept web variety program titled ‘My Major is HIPHOP’ will finally unveil.

According to sources from the broadcasting industry on January 7, ‘My Major is HIPHOP’ will premiere on January 13 at 9 PM through Naver VLIVE(V App).

‘My Major is HIPHOP’ will discover many rappers who are active in college Hip-hop clubs and provide them opportunities to perform, have fun, and express their characters. It aims for a ‘healthy competition’ rather than dissing and beefing.

MINO of WINNER and singer ZION.T will be the MCs of the show, while Paloalto, Coogie, and Okasian completed a 5-man Hip-hop coordinator lineup.

‘My Major is HIPHOP’ will present students who dream of becoming rappers through the process of discovering talented rappers in college and through Hip-hop club competitions.

Last year, the MCs visited 12 Hip-hop clubs of 10 universities including Seoul National University, Yonsei University, Korea University, Pohang University of Science and Technology, KAIST, Sungkyunkwan University, Hanyang University, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, and Yongin University to discover new talents and have completed filming for the show.

‘My Major is HIPHOP’ has previously revealed its first teaser video through VLIVE on the 6th and grabbed the people’s attention. In the 3 minute and 24 seconds clip, MINO and ZION.T presented their extravagant charms in the reality of college life, college club rooms, and college restaurants, which they are unfamiliar with.

However, they connected with the students utilizing their unique sociability, making the viewers look forward to their next step. A scene of MINO and ZION.T presenting a special stage under the heated support by college students was also previewed, which also raised the viewers’ expectations.

Meanwhile, ‘My Major is HIPHOP’ will premiere on the 13th and exclusively broadcast through VLIVE every Monday through Friday at 9 PM. The show was directed by producer Lee Sangyoon, who is known for directing popular Mnet programs such as ‘Show Me The Money’.

Edited by Poetry
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm going to be watching this for the comedy.  Not trying to insult anyone btw.  Mino's funny.

Edited by Poetry
  • Like 1

Episode 1 is out! It's really fun and adorable so far but too short! I really wish they had been able to find a channel to broadcast it but I'm glad it's not been scrapped completely. It would be a shame for all those students that put in the time and effort.

Vlive has some subs

• Like 2

The MV by SNU students

• Like 1

the show is so fun and mino fanboys are so cute lol

• Like 2

The medical student is like what every mother wants their daughter to date.

🤣 That rap about Vancomycin though.  Was he trying to treat pseudomembranous colitis?

Edited by Poetry
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Episode 3:  Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU)

The episode is 2 and a half minutes longer on VLIVE.

Bonus:

Mino and Zion.T call Swings because he's an alumnus of Sungkyunkwan University

(VLIVE has English captions but YouTube doesn't.)

Edited by Poetry
bonus material

Korean rap does slap hard sometimes, so I guess I'll give the show a chance.

Episode 4:  Korea University v. Yonsei University

The VLIVE version has an intro about the history of the rivalry between Korea University and Yonsei.

The two first schools introduced had the best rappers: Seoul National and Hanyang. I'm rooting for one of those two schools to win. Can KU battle against one of them?

I'm trying hard not to be mean.

15 hours ago, delirium said:

Korean rap does slap hard sometimes, so I guess I'll give the show a chance.

I only recommend the first two episodes based on performance quality.

Episode 5: Kyunghee University

(The VLIVE has English captions but YouTube doesn't.)
Edited by Poetry

I'm really loving this show so far. It's full of cuteness and it's so wholesome. All of them seem to shine with so much personality.

Korea University TERRA MV

Episode 6: Yongin University

(The VLIVE has English captions but YouTube doesn't.)

Edited by Poetry