Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
dream thief

E–Girls to disband next year

Not surprised but very disappointed. LDH has managed them horribly.

I guess I'll at least have Reina's solo debut to look forward to, although I'm not sure how well that will even go bc they can't even promote Shizuka or Ami correctly. 

I'm glad Happiness is at least staying together and Yuzuna is getting another unit. It's hard to imagine that Harumi or Nozomi would want to just model or "act" (can LDH even get them good gigs outside of LDH funded projects??). 

This is a mess. I'm not surprised bc they only care about the boys but still this is a mess. 

Edited by jcqlnrdy

LDH is starting to become Johnny’s Ent. JE used to do girl groups until Johnny’s started out prioritizing male groups. Ugh. 

I feel like LDH feel as though BGs easily bring more profit through physical sales and easily attract fanbase through females who are main audience of pop music which is true to an extent hence they start prioritizing BGs and debuting more BGs and neglecting their GGs but honestly, if they knew how to promote and push GGs well, things would be different. Groups like 48/46 groups, SPEED, Momoclo, Twice, Morning Musume are/were popular, and profitable. Honestly EGirls were actually doing pretty well until they decided to rebrand themselves, reduced the no. of members, the popular members left one by one. The departure of Dream members also contributed to the decline because they were popular and most recognizable ones especially Ami and they were outspoken and talkative on tv shows compared to other members. Honestly the line-up changes was a risky move as it just fucked the existing fanbase they had in the beginning. Ngl I too became less interested in them after they decided to "rebrand" themselves.

I hope LDH won't be like JE one day where the latter used to have few GGs in the 80s then suddenly stop producing GGs and only became BGs company that they are known today.

• Like 1

I'm just ... mad. First Flower then E-Girls as a whole. I feel awful for the members and honestly LDH ruined them.

I wish the best to all the members.

omg no... not completely surprised but 😭

I'm glad Happiness is continuing, I'm looking forward to their future... but it's still extremely sad 😞

I wonder if they want to shift their focus to Girls²

Part of me is no way surprised with this but it still hurts. LDH's efforts with their girl.groups have been very subpar the last couple.of years. Sad because E-Girls and Flower were pretty popular and had great potential if they were handled more properly. I'm hoping Happiness will promote more often if there's no E-Girls. But at this point, I know eventually they'll.likely disband if not because of LDH, but because they'll feel like it's time.to move on.

Thanks E-Girls, its been a fun journey with you 

48 minutes ago, davidguy said:

I wonder if they want to shift their focus to Girls²

Wait, LDH has a new gg? I didn't know this.

2 hours ago, kaz said:

I feel like LDH feel as though BGs easily bring more profit through physical sales and easily attract fanbase through females who are main audience of pop music which is true to an extent hence they start prioritizing BGs and debuting more BGs and neglecting their GGs but honestly, if they knew how to promote and push GGs well, things would be different. Groups like 48/46 groups, SPEED, Momoclo, Twice, Morning Musume are/were popular, and profitable. Honestly EGirls were actually doing pretty well until they decided to rebrand themselves, reduced the no. of members, the popular members left one by one. The departure of Dream members also contributed to the decline because they were popular and most recognizable ones especially Ami and they were outspoken and talkative on tv shows compared to other members. Honestly the line-up changes was a risky move as it just fucked the existing fanbase they had in the beginning. Ngl I too became less interested in them after they decided to "rebrand" themselves.

I hope LDH won't be like JE one day where the latter used to have few GGs in the 80s then suddenly stop producing GGs and only became BGs company that they are known today.

the key word is "were". j-pop fans tend to ignore this but the fact is that girl groups have way shorter lifespan than boy groups. Speed was relevant for 3 years & disbanded, Morning Musume hasn't been relevant in years and Momoclo was always more of a fringe group. It's no coincidence that E-Girls started getting more popular when SNSD's popularity went down - they filled their niche and now Twice have snatched their fans. 

Now that my anger has subsided, I can't blame this all on LDH. 

When they rebooted E.G.11, the fandom was shaken and split and it tore the core of the group apart. But LDH announced E.G.Family and a plan of attack ushered in by the promise of pushing the entire female sector of Exile.

And they kept good on that promise...at first. We had a great comeback by all the units and an amazing joint concert to say goodbye to OT19 and showcase a new era for the girls + E.G.11 was also given a grand debut. LDH gave EG the push they needed to cater to a fresh audience but then it became clear that the company so busy trying to make E.G.11 happen that they allowed for everyone else to just....sit there.

During that time, Shuuka's old injury resurfaced and the second most popular girl in Flower left, making ShuuKaren dead. Then out of the left field, D.E.P disbanded, leaving Shizuka's fate up in the air.

Instead of swooping in to clean up the holes, they pushed it all under the rug and threw E.G11 into our faces even more. They had it all, including their own TV show.

Meanwhile Flower - their most successful GG - has had only 3 singles leading to their last album since E.G.Family was created. Happiness had 3 to date as well, with their last single "Chao Chao" THE most under promoted song they've had. SYY was also given 3 singles, two of which came out this year.

Ami, who was the face of E.G, has faded into obscurity, with her sales dropping so low, it's financially more reasonable to make her a digital exclusive.

Shizuka was given a DREADFUL debut and then was once again, gone to the wind.

Had E.G.Family been given equal promotions and push, then not only would they all have been doing better, then E.G11 wouldn't have burned out which is what I think played a part in their disbandment.

It was a fast burn leading to them fizzling out. When they finally has a break, it was to work on new material with their home group or side projects. E.G.11 was promoted more than OT19 ever was.

Flower's disbandment came as no surprise when Mio announced both her marriage and pregnancy. The fact that the company was the one to come forward on such a taboo matter (shotgun wedding), it was clear that this was something the entire group agreed on. They could've allowed her to take a hiatus with us none the wiser. Flower just had a comeback and it wouldn't have been surprising if we didn't hear from them until 2020, instead they ended it. I'm sure this had to do with the fact that the remaining 3/5 were constantly promoting in E.G (+ the fact that more than half of the group has left the group).

Even to the end, LDH announced then disbanding a year later from now and I'm sure that this won't put a dent in their activities.

I'm hoping 2021 will include their new GG, Happiness, Shizuka, Ami, and Reina all being pushed to the same extent that E.G11 was.

13 hours ago, kaz said:

Wait, LDH has a new gg? I didn't know this.

No, that's just someone shamelessly promoting their Oshi group. LDH launched LDH GIRLS Auditions (first time in 7 years) for a new GG last year and 11 girls made it and were given formal training but no news have been announced yet. Its expected that they'll debut late next year or 2021. 

They also had Auditions in Europe for a new group this year (Auditions were co-ed, so unsure of what the final group will be or if there will be 2). It was open to all ethnicities and the final sector of the girls team had only 1 Japanese. Their in home producer AfroJack will be producing them. That is the group that Yuzuna will be joining. They were slated for a 2021 debut.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, davidguy said:

I honestly do not care about them, but they are technically an LDH group. They’re listed on the LDH website.

https://www.ldh.co.jp/management/girls2/

It's a group for a show, made up of other fake groups that were once apart of the cast, for some series. I hardly consider that a legit group (This isnt an attack on you). There are EXPG lab members in it, which gives it creditability but it falls more into the "project group" category because it exists as an extension of the show + LDH has 2 planned GGs set to debut in a year+, and this wasnt one of them.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:16 PM, JessicaRabbit said:

It's a group for a show, made up of other fake groups that were once apart of the cast, for some series. I hardly consider that a legit group (This isnt an attack on you). There are EXPG lab members in it, which gives it creditability but it falls more into the "project group" category because it exists as an extension of the show + LDH has 2 planned GGs set to debut in a year+, and this wasnt one of them.

What happened to bunnies, rabbits, and all the GGs? 

On 12/25/2019 at 8:17 PM, DreamSoldier said:

What happened to bunnies, rabbits, and all the GGs? 

Well Dream disbanded in 2017 when the E-GIRLS was rebooted. Dance Earth Party disbanded in late 2018. Flower disbanded this past September. And the sub unit ShuuKaren was disbanded when Shuuka left the company due to complications of an old spinal injury. There hasn't been any word on whether or not SudannaYuzuYully will still continue as a sub unit.

In 2017 when they rebooted E-Girls, they also threw away the old concept of bunnies and rabbits and created E.G.Family. Once LDH announced their first girl auditions in 7 years (and it was open, meaning non EXPG people could apply), it added to the fact that the old system was dead and that whatever GGs came out of EXPG LAB would not be apart of E.G Tribe.

There is to be a new Japanese GG either late next year or 2021 consisting of the girls who were successfully chosen from their 2018 girls audtion. This year, LDH Europe announced Auditions for a new group, which Yuzuna will be apart of it. Debut date has not been announced but has been confirmed as pushed back.

Also Girls2 was originally supposed to be managed by Sony so it's unclear what happened and why they're under LDH but I still digress that there was never confirmation in whether this group was long term or not.

Edit: The new Japanese GG will be apart of the E.G.Family.

Edited by JessicaRabbit