Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
pinkchampagne

A question to girlies with bangs

So i'm planning on getting bangs, and I was wondering if its absolutely necessary to put the keratin hair treatment on my bangs (as in what is it supposed to do to your bangs)? my mom is super against it because apparently keratin increases the risk of cancer and stuff. Its either I get the hair treatment or I have to blow dry my bangs everyday 🤔

I feel like it depends on your hair type?

I have had bangs for my entire life and I never had to do anything to them? But I am asian with the typical mostly straight asian hair so it's all I know. I just wash my bangs everyday and towel them off and they air dry in a satisfactory manner.

• Like 1

depends? if you have straight hair or you're willing to style them everyday then you dont. talk about it more with a professional hair stylist if you're not sure what to do. When I had bangs I didnt even think of getting a keratin treatment and bc I was stupid enough to get bangs when I have wild and curly hair, no matter how much I tried to style them I always looked funny.. I waited forever to grow them out and till then my hair was SO damaged bc of the constant styling... 

• Like 1

I've always had bangs, I've never had to put any specific treatment on them. As for the possibility of  having to dry them everyday, bangs dry very quickly by themselves. Blow drying them would take seconds. If you're still considering treatment then talk to a professional, especially if the risks are as your mother said.

If it matters and since others mentioned their hair type, I have thick hair.

• Like 1

So for me blow-drying my bangs everyday isn't a big deal. It takes literally 3-4 minutes to wet them in the sink, sometimes add shampoo to clean them because they get greasy easily since they're short, rinse and then blow dry. It's the easiest thing in the world girl, you don't need a treatment. I have a really bad cowlick in my bangs and pretty wavy/curly hair and this + a bit of hairspray keeps my bangs fine. 

If I were you I'd just go for it! If you find it to be too much work then they grow out really quickly! :)

EDIT: // If you have curly hair though I'd def go to a stylist that has experience with that hair type. However if you're hair is just straight or wavy you should have no issues. Even I with the curly/wavy hair + cowlicks just went for it lmao -

Edited by Jinsus
  • Like 1

I have side-swapped bangs since age 11 (with phases were I grew them out again, just to get bangs again, my forehead is ugly so yeah)

All I do is cut the ends off every now and then (by myself yep, can't afford going to the salon every other week)

I'd also recommend to wash your hair a lot, unless you either have super dry hair or already wash your hair daily. Greasy bangs look disgusting... Bangs also get greasy quicker as you tend to touch them more often (so you could also just wash the bangs or use dry shampoo on them, I personally prefer to wash all my hair daily)

But why blow dry them? I never do that lol just comb your hairs in the right direction so it dries up well