Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RiseLikeACrowTit

I found the holy grial of fake smiles

So i'm not that nice irl, mostly because i have a dry personality, and it's hard for me to socialize since people hate/avoid resting bitch face people, BUT! today I decided to put in practice an exercize I learned in youtube facial yoga: I wiggled my ears back and locked them when they were high closer to my skull ( wich gave me a nice botox effect ), I widdened my eyes a lil and voila I look like i'm really happy lmao, the response was overwhelming, i can literally see people's faces relax when they see it, and they are 150% nicer in interaction; the downside it's that it's freaking hard trying manteining that posture on your face, and not all people have the genetics to wiggle their ears, I also found this wich is fascinating ( to me )

"Smile detectors

This close examination did reveal one potential utility for wiggling ears, which is that they may act as a very specific lie-detector. In the same way that a forced smile doesn’t use the same muscles as a real one, a real expression of joy will make your ears retract slightly. You can’t really fake that response, and so it may be a way to for psychologists to confirm when people are accurately expressing their happiness or not. It’s probably not enough to impress a cat or rabbit, but it’s more than we can say about your tail bone."

Source: Un-intelligent Design: No Purpose for Vestigial Ear-Wiggling Reflex by Stephanie Pappas, Live Science