Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snsdJM

announcement Events Team Recruitment: Game Hosts & Graphic Designers

events recruits.png

Hello, the events team is recruiting both members that want to host games and people good at graphics.

The recruitment are separate even if done together, meaning you don't need to be good at graphics if you are applying for hosting, and vice versa yo don't need to be good at hosting if you are applying to be a graphic designer.

responsibilities & qualifications.png

Depending on which position you apply for, you'll have responsibilities as an Events Team member. We also request some qualifications from you to assure that you will be fit to take this position. Please read carefully the details of the position you're applying for. It can also be a great guide for your application.

Game Hosts

Spoiler

Responsibilities

1. Plan and create your own games, and events.
2. Collaborate with the team in large scale events which includes special occasions such as Easter, Christmas, summer, etc.
3. Take part in team discussions.
4. Answer questions users may have in the Ask the Events Team thread.
5. Host games/events at a constant rate throughout the year.
6. Be active and supportive with users as well as your team members.

Qualifications

1. Game hosting experience. Those without experience will still be given be considered and given a chance as during your rookie days you will be planning and developing game.
2. Interest in group/team projects. During special occasion as already mentioned like Christmas, Halloween or such we tend to work as a team.
3. Be organized.
4. Free time to host on a regular basis.
5. Motivation to host and develop games and/or events.
6. Availability for communication not only with team members but also users.
7. Maturity to deal with other people.
8. Reliable internet access.
9. Good behavior around the forum. People with warning points may be considered but this will be on a case by case basis and as long as you have no more than 3.

Graphic Designers

Spoiler

Responsibilities

1. Create graphics for games created by events team members.
2. Create items when users buy an item such as lockets, stamps, etc.
3. Help events team members with graphics they may need.
4. Be active and supportive of the team and members.

Qualifications

1. Knows how to create graphics and has access to editing software in order to create them.
2. Knows how to create GIFs.
3. Availability to communicate with team members.
4. Creativity.
5. Maturity to deal with other people.
6. Good behavior around the forum. People with warning points may be considered but this will be on a case by case basis and as long as you have no more than 3.

application forms.png

Please send completed application in a PM titled:
"Events Team Application - [username]"
to @snsdJM

Game Hosts Application

Form:

Spoiler
Username:
Timezone & Location:
How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:
Have you ever hosted a game on OneHallyu? If yes, please link us the thread if it still exists:
What are your strengths?:
What are your weaknesses?:
Do you like group projects and work well in a team? Why / why not?:
Create a mock OP of a game you would host on OneHallyu, here are some examples 123 (graphics are not needed):
Do you have any warning points?:
Anything else you'd like us to know?:

Graphic Designers Application

Since this application is based on graphics + creativity that is what will be judged so you need to create some graphics in order to apply. Here are the details of what we'll ask you to include in your application. Make sure to read the details about each request carefully.

Details about the graphics requested in your application:

Spoiler

1. Create graphics for the game Guess My Idol:

-You need to create a thread banner for it with the title Guess My Idol( it would be placed where the boded red letters are located in the mock OP).
-Create sub-banners for the categories bolded in green(rules, players, prizes,game starts).
-Additionally create a banner for the slider on the main page of OH, they will need to include the name of the game Guess My idol and fit the dimension of the sliders which are 620 x 480.

-Game mock op inside spoiler:

Spoiler

-GUESS MY IDOL-

Guess the secret idol identity of your adversary in order to eliminate them

-RULES-

-Before the game starts, you will be assigned an idol
-The objective of this game is for the players to guess the other players idols. After your idol is discovered, you will be eliminated from the game
-How do you find out the idol of the other players? During the game, there will be rounds which will include some type of minigame; either questions, screenshots of mvs among other challenges. 3-5 mini challenges per round
-If you are the first to answer one of the challenges during a round, you will get the possibility to ask one of the other player a yes or no question regarding their idol
-If during a round you answer all the challenges within a single post, you can obtain rare items such as auto kill someone, swap idol, swap idol if killed. This is hard though, since if someone answered any of the challenges before you obtaining this type of item is not possible
-Winning an odd numbered round you will get to ask a question in the main game thread while even number rounds you can ask question via PM
-After 3 challenge rounds, there will be guessing round in which player is given the choice to guess an identity of another idol in PM.You can choose to guess or pass the opportunity
-Beware! If you incorrectly guess an idol, a clue about your idol will be revealed instead.Passing the opportunity nothing will be revealed about your idol.
-Also the first person to guess someone's identity correctly is the one that obtains the extra tokens. So be quick with your guessing
-Depending on how long the game goes, there might be a comeback round with the eliminated players fighting for a chance to comeback to the game. This person will obtain a new idol
-You are allowed to interact with other players outside of the game and form alliances, etc.
-Being active in the game is recommend. If you are inactive for too long you will be modkilled

-PLAYERS-

-PRIZES-

1st Place- x tokens

2nd Place-x tokens

3rd Place- x tokens

-GAME STARTS-

x

2. Create a locket given the picture

-Using the pictures create two lockets
-You need to provide the locket in normal size as well as 100 x100
-The locket image is up to you
-Locket example: fGdLwoY.png
-Image you need to put inside a locket:

Spoiler

D2DtzG6U4AAnEzD?format=jpg&name=900x900

D24ysEYUkAEhcNv?format=jpg&name=medium

3. Create a stamp given the images

-You need to create a stamp with the given gifs
-Dimensions do one for each dimension:
-139 x 129
-139 x 80
-Images/Gifs you need to use in the given order:

Spoiler

d7vyQ2g.gif

QeWJCHA.gif

1cgUGZm.gif

CK0MOQt.gif

c2OTC3O.gif

4. Extra Skills

-This is extra and just for any other skills you may have that you may want to showcase.
An example of this is last year we had an applicant that had amazing skills at drawing and creating characters while their OP graphics werent  as good, that unique skill made them an amazing addition to the team and they got accepted because of it.
This 4th option is optional.

Form:

Spoiler
Username:
Timezone & Location:
How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:
What are your strengths?:
What are your weaknesses?:
Create a graphics for the Guess My Idol OP post under spoiler:
Create a banner for the slider on the main page of OH for the Guess My Idol game post under spoiler:
Create a locket with the given image post under spoiler:
Create a stamp with the given images and given dimensions post under a spoiler:
Extra Skills:
Do you have any warning points?:
Anything else you'd like us to know?:

deadline.png

DECEMBER 2,

11:59 PM EST

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Trashie said:

mE3pNjz.gif

i cant wait to see you in blue colored name fave ❤️ hope you snatch that events team. ill be surely around if you host a game ❤️ 

• Love 1
  • Clown 2

53 minutes ago, Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY said:

i cant wait to see you in blue colored name fave ❤️ hope you snatch that events team. ill be surely around if you host a game ❤️ 

uwuwu thank you fave ily ❤️ you're the best

Image result for jihyo

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Trashie said:

mE3pNjz.gif

a new face going to apply, ah slay. Join the family

rWcXHip.gif

7 hours ago, Bel. said:

H6a5OJT.gif

events team about to steal more staff, a look

MCLhOVy.gif

7 hours ago, Rei-chama said:

good luck 
MnUe6rq.gif

is this a comeback i smell

cLcMby4.gif

• Thinking 1

Good luck to everyone!

Event graphics is seriously the best experience I've had in doing graphics. JM is the best coordi, and you get to make a lot of beautiful things. I really suggest it for people who feel like they don't get to use their skills often! It is also a great place to learn and develop your style since you get a lot of freedom and nothing is repetitive!

Pengsoo Clapping GIF - Pengsoo Clapping Cute GIFs

Edited by mallang mallang

On 11/22/2019 at 8:54 PM, snsdJM said:

events team about to steal more staff, a look

MCLhOVy.gif

Who said ur gonna steal me

JRssdhr.gif

3 hours ago, Bel. said:

Who said ur gonna steal me

JRssdhr.gif

zee did, we gonna co-parent

yAzg2Ge.gif