Hi all. This General Request has reopened! Unfortunately, only the C-team is available to take on requests so only requests for CHINESE ENTERTAINMENT translation will be considered based on the outline given below. Please note that not all requests will be accepted/translated due to the rules given in section(3) and section(6) as well as the availability of translators. This outline is subject to change and we welcome constructive feedback~
For now, there won't be a strictly timed opening and closing of the request period. This means you guys are free to submit requests regardless of what day of the week it is until we deem it appropriate to close requests. Notice of closure will be posted both within the thread and in the OP; any requests that fall outside the open period will not be considered. You will need to resubmit your request once we have cleared our plates and opened requests again.
Since we're going to be translating a variety of items (see section 3: request details) that require different amounts of effort/time, there is no set time frame within which requests will be fulfilled. Once we've gotten a feel for things, we will provide you with an estimate of what is reasonable.
2. Request Cap
We are capping the maximum number of in-the-works (i.e. yet to be fulfilled) requests from a single individual at 2 at any given time. This means if you've made two successfully accepted requests, you cannot put in a new request until at least one of those two has been completed.
3. Request Details
What we will translate:
Please provide all available source links
- News articles or editorial pieces related to C-entertainment — You must provide the text + source link.
- Comments on news articles or editorial pieces related to C-entertainment — You must provide source link.
- Magazine interviews — You must provide either a) the text + source; or b) the scans (must be legible) + source.
- Posts on Weibo and other blogging platforms — We will reject requests a) of personal posts on fan blogs; b) of what we deem to be malicious posts; c) at our discretion (see section 6: disclaimers).
What we won't accept here:
- Song lyrics — We will take these requests only in the respective lyrics translation request thread.
- Already translated items
- Videos — This includes but is not limited to news segments, interviews, and fancams.
- TV shows, dramas, movies, mangas
- Anything unrelated to the entertainment scene
4. Request Form
Make your request by filling out this request form and posting it in this thread:
[b]Username[/b]: [b]Request[/b] [b]category[/b] (e.g. news article): [b]Content[/b] [b]to be translated[/b] (post the text here): [b]Source[/b] (link):
Request category (e.g. news article): #4 - other blogging platform.
Content to be translated (post the text here): The steps to bake this cake.
Source (link): link
Please fill out the respective forms for each item you request. We will let you know explicitly if a request has been accepted or rejected. If the grounds for rejection are technical (e.g. you gave a source link that does not work), you may try again. If it is instead due to the content, that rejection is final.
These translations are done as a favor for the requesters and the general public, so please respect the hard work that the translators have put in! Do no claim as your own. Do not edit the translations. Always give that particular translator full credit, indicate that he/she is from OneHallyu, and link back!
- Translators may reject or choose to not accept requests at their own discretion.
- Translators are accountable only for the accuracy of the translations, not for the truthfulness/reliability of the content translated!
- Requests will be monitored and deemed whether if it's suitable for acceptance.
- Please note due to our short handed of Translators, turnabout time will more often than not be more than 1 week at the earliest. We thank you for your understanding.
- Have an idea? Questions? Suggestions? Feel free to PM your thoughts to King of Spades
- Interested in becoming a Translator for OneHallyu? PM King of Spades for more info!