Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gene_e

Sawajiri Erika admits to using MDMA and other drugs, CM damages estimated to be around 500 million yen

Zt6CRWa.jpg

Media such as Asahi Shimbun are reporting that Sawajiri Erika (33) who was arrested for possession of the synthetic drug MDMA, told the Metropolitan Police Dept., “I used it before.  I used other illegal drugs”.  It was learned through interviews with investigators.

Investigators are now analyzing mobile phone data and the location and usage will be examined in detail.

According to investigators, the Metropolitan Police Department started a criminal investigation in early October after obtaining information that Sawajiri was using illegal drugs in clubs that she came to enjoy music and danced.

After she attended a club event in Shibuya on the night of the 15th and when she returned home the following morning, authorities decided to search her home.

In addition, because many ads featuring Sawajiri have been pulled, Sankei Sports is reporting that an official in the advertising industry estimates that damages to her company clients is around 250 million yen.

As for her role in NHK’s Taiga drama “Kirin no Kuru”, which is to air on January 5th, shooting started back in June and a ten episodes have been recorded.  Reports are that NHK may be reshooting various scenes with another actress but damage is estimated at 100 million yen.

And the damages for the DVD release of the film “Ningen Shikkaku: Dazai Osamu to 3-nin no Onna-tachi” also factors in. With everything combined, it may be up to 500 million yen in damages.

Denki Groove frontman, actor and musician Pierre Taki (Taki Masanori, 51) was arrested back in March for suspected cocaine use by the Ministry of Health, Labor, Welfare Bureau in the Kanto district and many of his scenes in film, television and video games had to be replaced.

Source

http://neotokyo2099.com/2019/11/18/sawajiri-erika-admits-to-using-mdma-and-other-drugs/

Sawajiri Erika’s problems with drugs was originally reported back in 2012, avex management issues statement

Media reports are saying that the police received a tip about a month ago that actress Sawajiri Erika was using a different illicit drug than what she was caught with.

According to these reports, the Metropolitan Police Department suspects the actress may have been a chronic users of unlawful drugs.

Sawajiri Erika’s problems with MDMA and marijuana were first reported back in 2012 after her divorce with director and filmmaker Takashiro Tsuyoshi.

Back in 2012, Weekly Bunshun reported that there were people trying to make money off Erika and that her drug dependence was a well-known fact within her inner-circle.

The article goes far to say that “She used not only marijuana user but also using ecstasy (MDMA)” and the article showed concern by her then-husband who accused Avex for capitalizing on her weakness.

More details are coming out hours after her arrest.

Sawajiri had been visiting a club in Shibuya the night of November 15th, when she returned home, an investigator went to her home and a capsule of 0.09 gram of powder containing MDMA was found.  Sawaijiri was arrested at 1:30 p.m.

The police quoted Sawajiri saying “there is no mistake that is mine”.  The capsules were reportedly inside a bag which was placed in box with items including fashion accessories.  And the box was found on a shelf near the door of the room with its lid open.

Police are investigating of how Sawajiri obtained the drug and whether or not she has been using it.

Production began in June and recording was in progress.

Meanwhile, avex management released the following statement:

“Today, Sawajiri Erika was arrested on suspicion of violating the Narcotics Control Law.  The facts of this matter have been confirmed and we deeply apologize for all the inconvenience and concerns we received from all concerned parties and fans.  As for the treatment of the individual, we will handle this strictly while watching the progress of the investigation”.

HUH???? There's no way she's coming back after this.. omg.

Poor Erika, she's one of my favorite actresses but she is involved in continuous scandals.  This will be hard to come back from.

3 hours ago, GetRapper said:

Poor Erika, she's one of my favorite actresses but she is involved in continuous scandals.  This will be hard to come back from.

sadly this kills her extremely successful comeback to acting, its sad to think that without all the scandals she could have been as big Ayase Haruka, Ishihara Satomi ect. 

We wont be seeing her in any mainstream project anymore, she probably could make a acting comeback in some indie project years from now but dont see a possibility for return to any big project from now on. 😔

That's really sad 😞 It says her drug problems started after a divorce... that's fucked up.

Weed isn't such a big deal but MDMA can be extremely addictive for people who are depressed etc. That must be what happened. That's really sad 😞

9 minutes ago, seokii said:

That's really sad 😞 It says her drug problems started after a divorce... that's fucked up.

Weed isn't such a big deal but MDMA can be extremely addictive for people who are depressed etc. That must be what happened. That's really sad 😞

this isn't conformed and mostly based on tabloid articles over the years so I'm putting these in spoilers but

Spoiler

It was said back then when she got fired by stardust in 2009 because of her drug use and the fact that she refused to stop using after she failed a drug test (her former agency from 2001-2009) she got married in 2009 so her drug use might predate her marriage. According to to articles back then her marriage fell apart also because of her drug habits too. So she has been rumoured to be using drugs for almost a decade now. obviously these are all tabloid articles with no real concrete evidence so take them with grain of salt obviously 

• Like 1

why ...........................................

Cocaine too thats so sad and shes been using for may years too now 😔 i hope she gets the help she needs to get over her drug habits. Seems like the rumours over the years about her drug use were true after all which is saddening 

Hope she gets help so she doesn't end up like Minako Komukai and going into seedier adult videos/jobs because drug use stopped any mainstream modeling/acting from hiring.

This is sad really, I hope she can get help with her drug problem. 

9 hours ago, --Mari-- said:

this isn't conformed and mostly based on tabloid articles over the years so I'm putting these in spoilers but

Hide contents

It was said back then when she got fired by stardust in 2009 because of her drug use and the fact that she refused to stop using after she failed a drug test (her former agency from 2001-2009) she got married in 2009 so her drug use might predate her marriage. According to to articles back then her marriage fell apart also because of her drug habits too. So she has been rumoured to be using drugs for almost a decade now. obviously these are all tabloid articles with no real concrete evidence so take them with grain of salt obviously 

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification

interesting analysis and honestly considered how shitty is jpn press, its sounds believable 

22 minutes ago, niyin said:

interesting analysis and honestly considered how shitty is jpn press, its sounds believable 

honestly thats a bad take theres a reason only 1 person is reposting that and its from a leftist party . there have been like 6 popular celebrities busted for drugs this year alone and more a rumored to come tabloids have been guessing who those guys are for months now.

The likely reason is someone in that circle not worth reporting on got caught and ratted everyone out for a lighter sentence or smt. Not to mention with the olympics coming japan has began its anti drugs campaigning so these celebrities are being made an example of (not much tho sentences have been extremely light) to deter the public from using drugs 

3 minutes ago, --Mari-- said:

honestly thats a bad take theres a reason only 1 person is reposting that and its from a leftist party .

not sure why this makes a bad take lol
its conservative press doing damage control over Abe doing shit, like it happen in every country and japan does that a lot to try to silence and hijack whatever issue might be a concern

and the fact u have to put celebrities, or whatever person, as moral example and get their life ruined is disgusting and not excusable in any way

1 hour ago, niyin said:

not sure why this makes a bad take lol
its conservative press doing damage control over Abe doing shit, like it happen in every country and japan does that a lot to try to silence and hijack whatever issue might be a concern

and the fact u have to put celebrities, or whatever person, as moral example and get their life ruined is disgusting and not excusable in any way

It makes it a bad take because it’s only 1 person saying it who is very biased already.

The Abe thing is being reported on but people usually care more for gossip and celeb scandals it’s a sad reality and her alleged  drug use has been written about for years so no wonder the media is jumping for joy that they can finally prove their stories and can literally release any clips of her acting abnormally and call it drug use and people will instantly click it.  They click it because they can finally say all their assumptions of her are real and vilify her for being “different” and not conforming to the norms of society. It’s very unfortunate that people need to have their careers ruined to make an example of them but sadly that’s life not only in Japan.

am I saddened by the fact that all their careers are ruined and the media is dragging the hell out of all these stories and even bringing non confirmed celebrities in to it yes I am extremely sad but am I surprised well no honestly im not.

I hope she gets help

On 11/18/2019 at 6:18 AM, --Mari-- said:

sadly this kills her extremely successful comeback to acting, its sad to think that without all the scandals she could have been as big Ayase Haruka, Ishihara Satomi ect. 

We wont be seeing her in any mainstream project anymore, she probably could make a acting comeback in some indie project years from now but dont see a possibility for return to any big project from now on. 😔

she was actually as big as them back in the days until her betsu ni scandal and then her career tanked from there for a while until it picked back up again but now it's plummeting again. 

1 hour ago, melancholic autumn said:

she was actually as big as them back in the days until her betsu ni scandal and then her career tanked from there for a while until it picked back up again but now it's plummeting again. 

yeah i know i meant today lol its so sad shes so talented i was so happy her comeback became so successful. She was literally everywhere dramas, movies and a lot of cms now everything is getting pulled so sad 😔

reminds me of her movie where she is a superstar... I don't remember the title sorry.

anyway it's sad I really liked her as an actress