Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RiseLikeACrowTit

SK-II brand it's not that safe

I saw that many of you are blindsided by the korean cosmetic products, that's why i encourage you to research EU and FDA says about those producst (and all cosmetics for that matter); here's a link in where you can search brands and their toxicity  https://www.ewg.org/

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/products/802984-SKII_GenOptics_Aura_Essence_

Other Ingredient Concerns

HIGH
  • Endocrine disruption
  • Multiple, additive exposure sources
  • Contamination concerns
  • Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs)
  • Miscellaneous
  • Occupational hazards
  • Persistence and bioaccumulation
  • Use restrictions

Be safe, I allready got ride of tons of shampoos, creams, deodorants

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

SK-II is a Japanese brand and was later bought over by P&G. You are right though that people should be wary of what they put on their face. Korea did have that sheet mask hygiene issue a few years ago too.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:10 PM, anyway said:

SK-II is a Japanese brand and was later bought over by P&G. You are right though that people should be wary of what they put on their face. Korea did have that sheet mask hygiene issue a few years ago too.

Don’t they still do? I saw someone post about that issue last year in r/AB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blank_stare said:

Don’t they still do? I saw someone post about that issue last year in r/AB

I was under the impression after the news became super widespread, companies took measures to fix the issue. It's really sad to hear that it's still an on-going issue.

• Like 1

I replaced my creams for the line Weleda, and the shampoos with an argentinian line "Biotik" wich is exclusively chemicals free, no animal cruelty, etc; I encourage to find wich brands can you find in your countries of origin with the seals of aproval that says that has no chemicals, and other harmfull components

5 hours ago, anyway said:

I was under the impression after the news became super widespread, companies took measures to fix the issue. It's really sad to hear that it's still an on-going issue.

It’s not just Korea that has issues of this tho. There’s also some famous Korean brand that don’t put all the ingredients in the list despite requiring too. I’ve read some comments in r/AB about it and even Ratzilla cosmetics reviews (altho it kinda sounds like she’s xenophobic) but usually her reviews are most of the time spot on when it comes to AB products. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blank_stare said:

It’s not just Korea that has issues of this tho. There’s also some famous Korean brand that don’t put all the ingredients in the list despite requiring too. I’ve read some comments in r/AB about it and even Ratzilla cosmetics reviews (altho it kinda sounds like she’s xenophobic) but usually her reviews are most of the time spot on when it comes to AB products. 

Yeah, I know hygiene issues have happened in other countries too. I think there was someone on YouTube from the US that had a hygiene issue for her makeup products recently.

I did not hear about the ingredients list news before, but that's shocking considering SK is so well-known for their emphasis on skincare. How is it even possible for a brand to still operate when they've neglected a basic requirement?

I like Ratzilla's site and reference it for Japanese products so I guess I ended up not seeing her posts about the Korean brand.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, anyway said:

Yeah, I know hygiene issues have happened in other countries too. I think there was someone on YouTube from the US that had a hygiene issue for her makeup products recently.

I did not hear about the ingredients list news before, but that's shocking considering SK is so well-known for their emphasis on skincare. How is it even possible for a brand to still operate when they've neglected a basic requirement?

I like Ratzilla's site and reference it for Japanese products so I guess I ended up not seeing her posts about the Korean brand.

Ratzilla is a Japanese makeup reviewer most of the time. Also the change ingredient list or not posting some of them are from Korean brands. There are some Japanese brands that does it too, but not SK-II. You can read up on those issues in Asian Beauty in reddit 

• Like 1

Most cosmetic stuff are not that safe. Should be careful when picking the products.