Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gene_e

Produce 101 JAPAN official statement about their links with the Korean version

Well, they need to be credible, so it's obvious they will say something like that.

• Tea 1
  • Clown 1

5 minutes ago, Remuku said:

Well, they need to be credible, so it's obvious they will say something like that.

Appart from buying the licence, so far the only connection I saw with Mnet is that they lent them the studios for the filming of the theme song performance. Do you have more info about it?

The trainees are independent, they don't have contract with any company.

17 hours ago, Remuku said:

Frankly for anyone who watches the show it's pretty clear that Mnet isn't involved in running it. Sure it's their IP and it's filmed in the same training center in Korea, but that's kinda the whole extent of their involvement. The cast isn't their style, the trainees aren't their style, the editing isn't their style.

But yeah it's still Produce so they needed to clarify that they were doing it independently for the people who know the show is currently airing, but don't watch it.

Edited by reiichi
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 2:03 AM, reiichi said:

The cast isn't their style, the trainees aren't their style, the editing isn't their style.

But yeah it's still Produce so they needed to clarify that they were doing it independently for the people who know the show is currently airing, but don't watch it.

The trainees may not have been all Mnet style but the ones who debuted in JO1 do give off W1/X1 vibes. 
Esp w/ center Mame who's been referred to as Ong 2.0 
and Junki who's been referred to as Seungyoun 2.0. 
and if Yugo had debuted, then JO1 woulda had a Dongpyo 2.0 :rlytearpls:  

• Clown 1

57 minutes ago, namidaone said:

The trainees may not have been all Mnet style but the ones who debuted in JO1 do give off W1/X1 vibes. 
Esp w/ center Mame who's been referred to as Ong 2.0 
and Junki who's been referred to as Seungyoun 2.0. 
and if Yugo had debuted, then JO1 woulda had a Dongpyo 2.0 :rlytearpls:  

Well the people voting were mostly Japanese kpop fans so it makes sense that they voted for guys who fit the Korean idol mold.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:54 AM, reiichi said:

Well the people voting were mostly Japanese kpop fans so it makes sense that they voted for guys who fit the Korean idol mold.

Most of those guys had a style change after their audition  to fit the Korean idol mold.  
Their style change happened before the release of Tsukame MV and the Trainee 1-min PR vids, so it's more likely that they were advised to get a makeover by the production team rather than kpop fans.

And it's not just the trainees' styling that shows the Mnet influence:  

- Stage costumes also more similar to Kpop costumes than Jpop costumes 
-  Onsite evaluations were filmed in a Fuji TV studio, yet the lighting and stage design  is inferior compared w/ other shows filmed in Fuji TV studios.   
Instead it's more similar to Mnet's lighting and stage design.  

- Choreographer of the Theme Song and most of the concept songs  were the choreographers from Produce X.  

- Many of the composers behind PD Jp's  concept songs also worked on previous PD Kr concept songs. 

So although I also watched the show, i don't agree that  it's "pretty clear that Mnet isn't involved in running with it", 

based on the reasons i've just stated.  

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, namidaone said:

Most of those guys had a style change after their audition  to fit the Korean idol mold.  
Their style change happened before the release of Tsukame MV and the Trainee 1-min PR vids, so it's more likely that they were advised to get a makeover by the production team rather than kpop fans.

And it's not just the trainees' styling that shows the Mnet influence:  

- Stage costumes also more similar to Kpop costumes than Jpop costumes 
-  Onsite evaluations were filmed in a Fuji TV studio, yet the lighting and stage design  is inferior compared w/ other shows filmed in Fuji TV studios.   
Instead it's more similar to Mnet's lighting and stage design.  

- Choreographer of the Theme Song and most of the concept songs  were the choreographers from Produce X.  

- Many of the composers behind PD Jp's  concept songs also worked on previous PD Kr concept songs. 

So although I also watched the show, i don't agree that  it's "pretty clear that Mnet isn't involved in running with it", 

based on the reasons i've just stated.  

I never said that Mnet wasn't involved, I just said it made sense that the viewers voted primarily for guys who fit the Korean idol mold, because they were K-idol fans to start with.