Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
WeiWuxian

The Untamed /ChenQingling ~ Xiao Zhan Wang Yibo

8 minutes ago, haikyuuboo said:

UFFF XIAO ZHAN IS THE ONLY MAN EVER 😭😭😭💯💯💯💯💯💯

Ikr even without watching the show I can tell you that. But people slept on X NINE for years... 💀

3 minutes ago, Gene_e said:

Ikr even without watching the show I can tell you that. But people slept on X NINE for years... 💀

I WAS B L I N D forgive me for I have sinned 😔😔😔😔😔😔

EVER SAW A MAN SO BEAUTIFUL YOU WANTED TO CRY CUZ SAME 

ALSO WANGXIAN EYE-SEX GIVES ME LIFE 😭spacer.png

Edited by haikyuuboo
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Gene_e said:

Just the end lol! 

Not really .. you will know once you watch 

6 minutes ago, haikyuuboo said:

EVER SAW A MAN SO BEAUTIFUL YOU WANTED TO CRY CUZ SAME 

ALSO WANGXIAN EYE-SEX GIVES ME LIFE 😭spacer.png

Episode 13 🥰🥰🥰🥰

5 minutes ago, haikyuuboo said:

I WAS B L I N D forgive me for I have sinned 😔😔😔😔😔😔

It's ok, you have seen the light. It's just that it's frustrating they didn't get recognition as a group but well, some are doing good now and Xiao extra good! I hope they don't burn him.

• Like 2

Just now, haikyuuboo said:

EPISODE 13. THE BEST EPISODE. Wwx being an idiot and lwj and his gay ass being so done with him. Quality content.😭😭😭😭spacer.png

Look at lwj 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

“are you dumb or are you pretending to be dumb “ ? 🤣

Just now, Gene_e said:

It's ok, you have seen the light. It's just that it's frustrating they didn't get recognition as a group but well, some are doing good now and Xiao extra good! I hope they don't burn him.

Is that group still active ? 

1 minute ago, WeiWuxian said:

As active as UNIQ lol! They have three members in R1SE (temporary group from Produce Camp) And appart from Xiao others are doing acting jobs too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WeiWuxian said:

Look at lwj 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

“are you dumb or are you pretending to be dumb “ ? 🤣

Literally LWJ. He’s lord give me patience 😭😭🤣🤣🤣spacer.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gene_e said:

Musically I still don’t know him or yibo much. 😔 But I will follow all their acting projects for sure 😭😭😭😭😭

36 minutes ago, Sa1zo said:

Just finished watching it last week and it was pretty good but nothing that special in my opinion. 

So I know I am disagreeing with many people who think this is best thing ever and a top level drama but to me it was just solid 8/10 would have given it 8.5/10 if the fights were better.

It was good for me in the sense that each episode was very engaging .. lots of mystery .. and then Ofc wangxian sold it to me fully .. fight scenes and all dint bother me much compared to the overall story . 

36 minutes ago, haikyuuboo said:

Ppl mostly love it because of wangxian. The story is good no doubt but it’s extra extra popular because of wangxian. 

Yeah I got that pretty fast when I went to MDL and saw this being highest rated drama and thought OMG I must watch this but then when I read people comments and reviews there I kinda realized this probably isn't going to be another top level drama like Nirvana in Fire or Ming Lan for me since the big focus and why this seemed to be best thing ever to so many people was the main leads "bromance" which I don't really care about that much.

This kinda reminded me of the situation I had with the drama Guardian last year.  It had high rating and I saw some hype around it so I decided to watch it but to me it wasn't that good. It also had that main leads "bromance" thing going on where a lot of the hype and high ratings probably came from. So i learnt my lesson.

Edited by Sa1zo

5 minutes ago, haikyuuboo said:

Musically I still don’t know him or yibo much. 😔 But I will follow all their acting projects for sure 😭😭😭😭😭

Xiao is a talented singer that's for sure. As for acting he has dramas that he filmed years ago still unreleased, now that he is a rising star I guess they will finally get a release date.

6 minutes ago, Sa1zo said:

Yeah I got that pretty fast when I went to MDL and saw this being highest rated drama and thought OMG I must watch this but then when I read people comments and reviews there I kinda realized this probably isn't going to be another top level drama like Nirvana in Fire or Ming Lan for me since the big focus and why this seemed to be best thing ever to so many people was the main leads "bromance" which I don't really care about that much.

This kinda reminded me of the situation I had with the drama Guardian last year.  It had high rating and I saw some hype around it so I decided to watch it but to me it wasn't that good. It also had that main leads "bromance" thing going on where a lot of the hype and high ratings probably came from. So i learnt my lesson.

Well I kind of disagree. I thought the story was really good. The fight scenes themselves were not that great. But the story itself was really good. I can see how it was really popular the mystery and the story telling was superb. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, haikyuuboo said:

Well I kind of disagree. I thought the story was really good. The fight scenes themselves were not that great. But the story itself was really good. I can see how it was really popular the mystery and the story telling was superb. 

same opinion..if it was just bromance I would not have cared tbh..for me story telling is primary thing to like a show  along with good actors. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, haikyuuboo said:

EPISODE 13. THE BEST EPISODE. Wwx being an idiot and lwj and his gay ass being so done with him. Quality content.😭😭😭😭spacer.png

BSFGKDFKF

lwj: only parents and spouses can touch the headband

lwj: *allows wwx to touch headband*

lwj: *gets flustered when wwx starts stripping*

lwj: don't flirt with people when you don't mean it

wwx: oh.... so you like mianmian don't you ;))))))

WWX'S SO D U M B LMAO LIKE ??????? HE LITERALLY HAS NEGATIVE BRAINCELLS

• LOL 1

12 hours ago, Sa1zo said:

omg asdfgdkfg I actually mostly like mdzs/cql because of all the focus on stuff that ISN'T the bromance/romance, I love SO many side characters (xiao xingchen, lan xichen, junior trio, wen ning, wen qing off the top of my head) and they all get a lot of screentime which I love

also the COMPLICATED VILLAINS ugh we stan (spoilers)

Spoiler

xue yang and jin guangyao are SO WELL DEVELOPED like you hate them but you can't help but understand them and feel sorry for them at the same time and I LOVE IT

especially xue yang he's one of my favorite characters and I despise him and cry for him at the same time it's amazing honestly

also nhs?????? like there's SO MUCH DISCUSSION possible for whether he's evil or good, were his motivations justified??? and if they were does him placing so many people in danger just for revenge make him a bad person or not????? and the way they show his playing with his fan change from lively, playful, and kind of nervous fanning into calculated and measured tapping is just ajsjgjdfgj Y E S

plus the theme about moral greyness and all of the characters (even the ones that seem 100% good like lxc, xxc, lwj) having major flaws ushdfgdfgdkfg ITS SO GOOD

hnnnnnnn I love wangxian but I wouldn't like mdzs/cql as much if it solely focused on the main pairing, the storyline/side characters give the story its charm and wangxian is just icing on top of the cake imo :')))))

As a novel fan going into this, my expectations were low so was pleasantly surprised they did the WangXian relationship right (as far as “bromance” goes). They also did the Jiang sibling relationships right. Other than that, everything else feels nerfed. I am most upset about the nerfing of Lan WangJi. He’s my favorite character so it irked me that they kind of powered him down to boost up WWX.

Oh well it’s over and done with. It’s a solid B+ for me and that’s mainly due to the actors than the overall storyline. I have to give props to the 2 leads. Xiao Zhan was good even if he did overact in some scenes. Since I love LWJ, of course I paid special attention to his actor. I wasn’t sure about Wang Yibo’s casting tbh even after they released the character posters. But Yibo surprised me. LWJ is not an easy character to play since not only is his personality cold & standoffish, his face literally has no expressions. So Yibo really impressed me with how he was able to conveyed LWJ’s emotions with just subtle changes to his eyes. I’m very impressed considering how thin his acting resume is. I’m a fan and look forward to his future projects. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 11:42 PM, passing_fancy said:

I am most upset about the nerfing of Lan WangJi. He’s my favorite character so it irked me that they kind of powered him down to boost up WWX.

that annoyed me to. LWJ is an amazing character and deserved better. He's incredibly powerful and you'd barely even know it from the show.

I also didn't like that they pretty much removed any and all responsibility WWX had for his own actions. Like, he's already a likeable hero in the novel, why the need to erase all his mistakes he made with demonic cultivation. They made it seem like everyone was just overreacting about his cultivation when in the novel he did lose control of it and it cost him and others greatly.

I can't get over this story!!! I didn't expect to like it so much considering I didn't really enjoy the first episodes. The beginning was really cool but they suddenly gave us a 30+ episode flashback which was a turnoff but around 20-22 episode it started getting SO GOOD that I binge-watched it. Clearly, the drama doesn't have a big budget but for once I enjoyed the lack of CGI. Some fantasy dramas use too much CGI and not every time the result is good, it's mostly cringy or too much but the scenes in The Untamed were smartly done without using too much CGI. It felt idk more natural? Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo were PERFECT. I seriously can't stop watching their interviews or BTS of the drama. They just radiate so much positive energy. They have amazing chemistry and I wish they film another project together. A modern friendship drama like Ode To Joy or Age of Youth would suit them. There were some things I didn't like in the drama (like what else did the Yiling Patrich do except plant turnips??) but I felt satisfied after reading the novel. The novel is definitely more dark and funny.