Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
WeiWuxian

The Untamed /ChenQingling ~ Xiao Zhan Wang Yibo

Hi, I am surprised to see there is no thread opened for one of the amazing Chinese drama released this year, The Untamed. It is a must watch show especially for the amazing leads played by Xiao Zhan  (Wei Wuxian) and Wang Yibo ( Lan WangJi). It is adapted from the novel called "Mao Dao Zu Shi" . It became really popular not just in mainland china but overseas as well. It is currently being aired in Korea as well . 

The episodes are available on Netflix and Youtub

Youtube Link :  

The untamed is about world of immortal cultivators and how  Wei Wuxian and Wang Ji together solve the mysteries surrounding them.  Their bond is  the best part of the show,despite having totally different personalities. 

Image result for the untamed drama gif

Link to the original novel :Link to the original Novel translation :  https://exiledrebelsscanlations.com/grandmaster-of-demonic-cultivation/

Untamed fans gather around here !!! :)

• Like 3

oof, time to rewatch again! I'm literally rewatching this show every 2nd week. CQL is God-Tier 🥰

Wangxian >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every other relationship

Wuji #1 SOTY

Someone should make a thread for the MXTX novels too, I'm in the middle of Scum Villain and wanna rant about it lmao

Edited by Polaris_Tae
  • Like 3

Im rewatching it now even tho I didnt like the plot lol

Edited by strawberry melon
  • Like 1

I am currently reading the novel on chapter 35 .  I cant get enough of this drama... WangXian is everything 

5 minutes ago, strawberry melon said:

Im rewatching it now even tho I didnt like the plot lol

which plot you dint like ? am curious.

28 minutes ago, Polaris_Tae said:

oof, time to rewatch again! I'm literally rewatching this show every 2nd week. CQL is God-Tier 🥰

Wangxian >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every other relationship

Wuji #1 SOTY

Someone should make a thread for the MXTX novels too, I'm in the middle of Scum Villain and wanna rant about it lmao

Is it also by the same author ? 

Edited by WeiWuxian
typo

Watched it this summer, amazing drama! Xiao Zhan, his incredible charm and great acting skills ❤️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WeiWuxian said:

Is it all by the same author ? 

Yeah, Scum Villain was their first work before Mo Dao Zu Shi (the inspiration for CQL), their most recent book was Heaven Official's Blessing, though I haven't gotten around to reading that yet...

You should check out the Audio Drama while your at it, it's great! They add in a lot of stuff that wouldn't pass TV censorship in China

Edited by Polaris_Tae
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WeiWuxian said:

which plot you dint like ? am curious.

the whole story just feels like nonsense to me, especially when rewatching. the ending could have redeemed it but them not staying together? its ridiculous.

I also really grew to dislike majority of the characters. 

basically what I like about the show is the concept and the visuals.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Polaris_Tae said:

Yeah, Scum Villain was their first work before Mo Dao Zu Shi (the inspiration for CQL), their most recent book was Heaven Official's Blessing, though I haven't gotten around to reading that yet...

I wish they make dramas of all these novels...coz am more into watching than reading 

• Like 1

Just now, strawberry melon said:

the whole story just feels like nonsense to me, especially when rewatching. the ending could have redeemed it but them not staying together? its ridiculous.

I also really grew to dislike majority of the characters. 

basically what I like about the show is the concept and the visuals.

omg really ? I thought it was a great story. The only plot I dint like was the sub plots in that foggy village..other than that I enjoyed the mystery and the chemistry ❤️also opening of the show was a bit vague for viewers like me who are new to these kind of drama..when am reading the novel lot of things are more clear. 

nevertheless, Xiao Zhan and yibo totally hooked me to the show. :lub:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, WeiWuxian said:

I wish they make dramas of all these novels...coz am more into watching than reading 

Yes! Especially considering that all three of MXTX's novels have over 100 chapters each, I've only just passed the halfway point with Scum Villain & I've been reading it for 4 days now (what is sleep), they're adapting both Scum Villain and Heaven's Official Blessing into Donghua (Anime) format next year and then there's S3 of the MDZS Donghua as well. I think Heaven Official's Blessing just got optioned for Live-Action the other month as well. Then there's the spin-off films for The Untamed (The Living Dead is on IQIYI) and Fatal Journey is set to come out next year (with a third feature film still in production),  so there's a lot to look forward to ~

Also, here's a link to all the Chinese BL Drama's in production rn, SV and HoB are right at the bottom

Scum Villain PV:

Edited by Polaris_Tae
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WeiWuxian said:

omg really ? I thought it was a great story. The only plot I dint like was the sub plots in that foggy village..other than that I enjoyed the mystery and the chemistry ❤️also opening of the show was a bit vague for viewers like me who are new to these kind of drama..when am reading the novel lot of things are more clear. 

I read the manhua before and I also liked the chemistry. the live show tho gave a lot of screen time to minor characters and it seemed to me like Lan Wangji gradually devolved into some half important side character, in the end he was just like a bodyguard of WeiYing  😭 it can be just me but thats how I was feeling

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WeiWuxian said:

omg noooo you didn't like yi city arc? ;-; rippp it was one of my favorites lol also im in love with xiao xingchen/song jiyang jdjfjgf

• Like 1

Still in my to watch list. Too many episodes and like majority of cdramas it's dubbed by voice actors. I don't like the idea of not being able to hear their real voices tbh

I checked out this drama because there was nothing to watch. I am not fond of Chinese drama because of the dubbing. Xiao Zhan caught my attention in ep 1 and decided to watch then I grow to love this drama and became my favorite Chinese drama. I even brought the VIP pass, I don't usually buy special pass or anything but OMG this drama is amazing. 

The Wen sibling is my favorite character beside Wei Ying. I will re-watch when I have time. 

The only complain I have is that other half of the drama, majority of the cast were becoming unlikable. 

• Like 1

I’m 25 eps down, loving everything. One of my fav characters is their sister and I’m dreading what may happen to her.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Polaris_Tae said:

Yes! Especially considering that all three of MXTX's novels have over 100 chapters each, I've only just passed the halfway point with Scum Villain & I've been reading it for 4 days now (what is sleep), they're adapting both Scum Villain and Heaven's Official Blessing into Donghua (Anime) format next year and then there's S3 of the MDZS Donghua as well. I think Heaven Official's Blessing just got optioned for Live-Action the other month as well. Then there's the spin-off films for The Untamed (The Living Dead is on IQIYI) and Fatal Journey is set to come out next year (with a third feature film still in production),  so there's a lot to look forward to ~

Also, here's a link to all the Chinese BL Drama's in production rn, SV and HoB are right at the bottom

Scum Villain PV:

wow thanks for the link. I was thinking where can I watch similar stuff like CQL ...

Also now when am reading the novel I am liking the Yi city chapters..but in the drama the fog was suffocating me literally lmao

BTW I know the show ended already but maybe you can use the spoiler tag for major spoilers. Because now I know how it ends lol! It was my bad for reading the whole thread but I'm sure some people who haven't watched will read here too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gene_e said:

BTW I know the show ended already but maybe you can use the spoiler tag for major spoilers. Because now I know how it ends lol! It was my bad for reading the whole thread but I'm sure some people who haven't watched will read here too.

oh ya we should put spoiler as there may be many news fans over here..thankfully nothing major has been spoiled yet..

37 minutes ago, WeiWuxian said:

oh ya we should put spoiler as there may be many news fans over here..thankfully nothing major has been spoiled yet..

Just the end lol! 

UFFF XIAO ZHAN IS THE ONLY MAN EVER 😭😭😭💯💯💯💯💯💯

Man I loved this show so much. I loved everything about it so much. The chemistry the mystery. Ofc graphics was a bit lame but other than that loved everything about it. 

I just finished reading Heaven official’s blessing, and HONESTLY CANT WAIT FOR IT TO BE ADAPTED URGH.  You’ll love that one too 🤚🤚

• Like 2

Just finished watching it last week and it was pretty good but nothing that special in my opinion. 

So I know I am disagreeing with many people who think this is best thing ever and a top level drama but to me it was just solid 8/10 would have given it 8.5/10 if the fights were better.

Edited by Sa1zo

4 minutes ago, Sa1zo said:

Just finished watching it last week and it was pretty good but nothing that special in my opinion. 

So I know I am disagreeing with many people who think this is best thing ever and a top level drama but to me it was just solid 8/10 would have given it 8.5/10 if the fights were better.

Ppl mostly love it because of wangxian. The story is good no doubt but it’s extra extra popular because of wangxian. 

• Like 1