Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Belkiss

Best books you've read this year?

Image result for mistborn trilogy

This trilogy had me whipped this year 

:jonny::jonny::jonny:

and 

Honorable mention

Image result for The Maid of Fairbourne Hall 40159

1104882582_1-item6.png.951bf73b6427dd7963ab78770d84a3bf.png

The Scum Villain's Self Saving System is God-Tier

spacer.png

Edited by Polaris_Tae
  • Love 1

perhaps i’m a bit late to the game but i finally got around to reading the hate u give by angie thomas over the summer...such a great read!  very compelling—does a great job of addressing pressing, relevant issues without sounding overly preachy.  

there were also plenty of humorous sections as well, which was nice.  not only did they make me laugh out loud several times, but they also do a great job to highlight the more emotional parts of the novel 

probs the road by cormac mccarthy

honestly most books i've read this year were mediocre at best lmao

Edited by milka

Haven´t read many books this year but Call Me By Your Name was fantastic. And Simon vs The Home Sapiens Agenda was so beautiful: I read it in one night and it made me tear up a bit. Both are great books!

oh i've also read the thief series. i own the books but i didn't really get into them when i read them. i've been reading anita mason's books which are amazing and i'm pretty sure my favorite is bethany

I really wanna read the Mistborn trilogy as well. I've only heard good things.

I started getting back into reading this summer but I haven't really read anything that wowed me thus far.

"Her Royal Highness" was a nice YA romance. And the Earthsea trilogy was nice too. I'm currently reading "Heretics Anonymous" which I'm also enjoying.

My favorite reads of 2019 so far: The Dark Forest by Liu Cixin, Old Man's War by John Scalzi, Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, Beacon 23 by Hugh Howey and Robert des noms propres by Amélie Nothomb.

They both die at the end by Adam Silvera is the best book i've ever read, i had to cry at the end. You know that moment when a series or a book got you in such a way you cant stop thinking about it? Yeah, same.