Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Brax

Is it bad to use shampoo everyday?

My mom says is bad because it could strip off all the nutrients if wash your hair frequently. But my hair always feel oily and sticky everyday. If I don't wash for a day, my hair feels itchy, oily and uncomfortable.

the condition of my hair has drastically improved since i stopped using shampoo everyday. For me the problem was that too much use and it would leave my hair dry af, Now i only use it every 4-7 days 

yeah. natural oils are good for your hair.

It depends on things like ur hair type, weather,  and activity tbh.

Like if ur active or its hot and u sweat,  u should wash hair and if u have thinner hair it prob gets oily easier than thick hair

What i do is 2-3 times a week tho i do shower without doing my hair sometimes tho.  Also sometimes i just wet my hair to gel it cuz ive been told by gorls i look good with "wet hair" 😭🥰 and then wash the gel out at end of day ofc

i used to experience similar issues but once i stopped washing my hair as often, my hair got used to it. if you have super oily hair then it might be a different case. also maybe you could try other shampoos if you already haven't and see if you get any different results

Apparently yes but I don't really care and do it anyway LOL. I hate the feeling of unwashed hair. I know your hair gets used to it after a while but yeah nope, it's not for me. I actually lowkey feel like not washing my hair daily actually ruined it. I used to wash it like every 2-3 days and use dry shampoo in between and after a while, I felt like there was so much build up and my hair just never felt clean even when I did wash it. 

it is bad to wash your hair everyday because it dries your hair out. if you NEED to wash your hair everyday, use a natural shampoo (without sls/sles, which are harsh cleaning detergents and generally the main culprit for the drying out) for everyday use and then you can do a big cleanse 1-2 times a week with a regular shampoo, it should help the condition of your hair.

personally, i use a natural shampoo every 2-3 days (+ using dry shampoo in between if my hair gets oily) and a big cleanse once 1 or 2 weeks.

i used to wash my hair everyday too since i have very fine hair which would literally get oily hours after i washed it... but guess i trained it last longer :superheroh:

No, I've done that for about a decade now and always got compliments from hairdressers about my hair. In March, someone kinda fucked up my hair... I waited a half year with another haircut and NO DEAD ENDS, at all. I only get those if I don't cut it for a year or so (I did once) My hair has grown over 10 cm from March till now which is just awesome (it was nearly a buzzcut at the back, now I can wear a little ponytail)

It's perfectly fine to use shampoo daily unless you use very aggressive shampoo. Since a half year I use vegan shampoo which is also free from unnecessary chemicals and it made my hair both softer and dryer (which is good if you got greasy hair) it is NOT TRUE that washing it a lot makes it greasy, puberty does. We all developed that problem in our teens, no? I'm sure I could wash it less often now (every 2 days maybe) but I don't want to... I shower daily anyways so it's 1 minute extra work and it makes me feel clean and pretty.

I always shower + wash my hair around 7/8 PM, now in the past, my scalp would be hella greasy the next day around 4 PM, recently it still looks and feels good around the time I'm gonna wash it (so I could delay it technically) but yeah, I shower daily for a reason... I'm someone who sweats a lot, only travels by bike (so I'll get dirt and rain in my hair regularly) I feel gross if I don't wash myself daily and think it's stupid to not wash my hair in the shower when can do it hella quickly...

Also, I don't use ANY products, not for my skin or my hair (only handcream sometimes) no conditioner, no masks... I wash it daily and brush/comb it after, during the day only when necessary (3 times a day or so) also don't blowdry it.

The "your hair will get less greasy if you wash it less often" is also false as I tried that a few times, the longest for a half year and it still got greasy within a day... Hormones, health issues and using the wrong shampoo (the reason your scalp dries up and stimulates more oil production are the unnecessary chemicals, natural shampoo simply cleans your hair) are the problem. If you're past puberty, are healthy and use the right shampoo, you can wash it daily and still have healthy hair. Also I'd recommend going vega(n) to anyone as it made my skin in general less oily, which also means less pimples (I haven't had any in a year)

Edited by Vanille

When I used to shampoo everyday, as long as I used conditioner I was fine.  I have nice hair though.