Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
eunheart

How do you find your study pace?

I've been struggling to get into study for more than 2 months now.
I'll be having a few (late) mid terms and literally dozens of assignments need to be submitted by end of this month.
I'll be damned for good in my study career if I can't get into study by end of this weekend.

How to even get the motivation to study? 

i'm only good at working under pressure b/c i have the attention span of a squirrel

submitting assignments 2 mins before the deadline is my kink

hU1Sk9L.gif

• Like 2

i like to do everything once the project/assignment is out and finish stuff asap :imstupid:

"you idiot stop procrastinating, finish that shit so u can have some fun" usually works

it's like working out, the hardest is to start but then you'll feel good after since you don't have to worry about the things u have to do, a win-win situation 

6 minutes ago, god said:

i'm only good at working under pressure b/c i have the attention span of a squirrel

submitting assignments 2 mins before the deadline is my kink

hU1Sk9L.gif

Djakjgsdhkg your kink is godly I--

Just now, Angy said:

i like to do everything once the project/assignment is out and finish stuff asap :imstupid:

"you idiot stop procrastinating, finish that shit so u can have some fun" usually works

it's like working out, the hardest is to start but then you'll feel good after since you don't have to worry about the things u have to do, a win-win situation 

Senpai provide a good advice hmm hmm

But senpai idk if that's good enough to kick my ass to start off from the get go ottoke?

:stare:

1 minute ago, eunheart said:

Djakjgsdhkg your kink is godly I--

Senpai provide a good advice hmm hmm

But senpai idk if that's good enough to kick my ass to start off from the get go ottoke?

:stare:

baby steps, my follower, baby steps

first of all, close all tabs u have right now

start studying by doing 10min sessions, don't think like u need to study for 1 whole week just to get to your current goal

then by time 10 go to 15, 15 to 20, 20 to 30

do short sessions with full focus and when u feel like you're losing it go rest for a while, no need to waste time reading stuff over and over again

then get urself some cookies and hot chocolate because u worked hard  :cuteeyes:

• Love 1

Seek Acer success in life. 

- Always have the determination to finish the abomination of school which is called the devil "study" 🤮

- Always have cup of coffee with muffin and any chocolate bar. Sometimes you can use Coca Cola and chips. :ahmagah:

- Relaxing music for studying (rain sounds, Chinese OSTs and just relaxing instrumentals sounds) you can use YT for it. There are videos with many hours in length with ads free. 🎵

- Professors will most often post review parts for the tests so just focus on that and find all the answers via writing down as notes and print whatever paper parts you have to highlight to memorize. 👏

- Always start the study for test 2 days earlier not week earlier because you will forget the answers quickly. 🤔

- I often study with friends in library (we have quiet study room) and exchange notes tbh since some answers I don't have because I am lazy to search. 🤮

- Day of the test, buy coffee or any drinks you like in Tim and relax yourself. 

- Write the test and leave the class quietly.  Enjoy the rest of the free day. 

It is very effective and my study routine for success. :ahmagah:

Edited by Acer
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Angy said:

baby steps, my follower, baby steps

first of all, close all tabs u have right now

start studying by doing 10min sessions, don't think like u need to study for 1 whole week just to get to your current goal

then by time 10 go to 15, 15 to 20, 20 to 30

do short sessions with full focus and when u feel like you're losing it go rest for a while, no need to waste time reading stuff over and over again

then get urself some cookies and hot chocolate because u worked hard  :cuteeyes:

Sounds plausible to do.

My major problem with this is that I often jump into the thought you were saying, cause I'm pressured to get those pile of studies to finish out of my free time (since most of my time would be allocated for work and rest). But guess I should start somewhere at least.

4 minutes ago, Acer said:

Seek Acer success in life. 

- Always have the determination to finish the abomination of school which is called the devil "study" 🤮

- Always have cup of coffee with muffin and any chocolate bar. Sometimes you can use Coca Cola and chips. :ahmagah:

- Relaxing music for studying (rain sounds, Chinese OSTs and just relaxing instrumentals sounds) you can use YT for it. There are videos with many hours in length with ads free. 🎵

professors will most often post review parts for the tests so just focus on that part and find all answer to it by writing down as notes and print the whatever papers to highlight parts to memorize. 👏

- Always start the study for test 2 days earlier not week earlier because you will forget the answers quickly. 🤔

- Day of the test, buy coffee or any drinks you like in Tim and relax yourself. 

- Write the test and leave the class quietly.  Enjoy the rest of the free day. 

It is very effective and my study routine for success. :ahmagah:

That first one I-- :imstupid:

I did noting stuffs but they're always a mess cause I'm using one notebook for everything (all subjects including my work stuffs) aksdjgasdg but the printing and highlighting is something I've been telling myself to try on it. I hate my lazy self dlafkgkjlg

I'm so, so, so, so unqualified to give advice on studying. Holy shit, I'm procrastination disaster.

Having a clean/productive environment helps though. And taking stretch breaks. Get up and streeeetch.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:04 AM, UMJI MOODS said:

I was motivated by impending doom only. Living by doing all-nighters.

Such a cowboy life. I've been doing this too hfjdbf but I'm gonna need to change the style or I'll always ended up in trouble towards end of semester. 

On 1/13/2020 at 8:55 AM, seokii said:

Holy shit, I'm procrastination disaster.

I feel you.. I feel youuu  spacer.png

On 1/13/2020 at 8:55 AM, seokii said:

Having a clean/productive environment helps though. And taking stretch breaks.

And this actually helpful for me too. I had to clean my whole room before even start doing any work. However on stretching part, I go with going out of the room and do anything, including actually going out and distract myself with other stuffs. 

• Love 2