Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xoxo7

YGE showing their pettiness and misogyny yet again

I think it's normal for YG to remove her channel for the YG list, but they should transfer the channel to her or something, I don't know if youtube allows that...

At least I hope they give CL her MV's when she creates her channel like Cube with Hyuna

Edited by Rojen

" We ask for lots of interest and support for CL's new activities, and YG will also cheer her on with unchanging trust and affection. Thank you."

:ohpressor:

Well it is technically owned by YG. Unless she bought all the rights, her name, music,.. etc..

The company can do whatever it wants. And probably CL will make another Channel through another Western Company. 

Edited by Ceceri

Misogyny 😂😂😂 I wished people with low IQ stopped using words they don't know the definition of because this isn't what you think it means. This decision was  given by the ceo obviously and last I checked the ceo of YG is drum rolll A WOMAN!  

• Like 1
  • Clown 3
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, seunghyun choi said:

Misogyny 😂😂😂 I wished people with low IQ stopped using words they don't know the definition of because this isn't what you think it means. This decision was  given by the ceo obviously and last I checked the ceo of YG is drum rolll A WOMAN!  

Sure 

YG company stans,y'all don't feel ashamed to stan that company 

Yikes

and yeah sure you are going to convince me that YHS isn't the one controlling everything and that new CEO is a puppet for public image and btw Women can be misogynist too .

Try to use your brain,I will pray for you lol.

Edited by Xoxo7
  • Tea 1

I get that YG has a history but people can't just keep slapping misogyny at every inconvenient thing that women experience, it trivialises the actual issue. I think it's most likely either CL asked to remove it or just YG being petty because CL was very open about how badly mistreated she was by the company. 

Either way, I hope CL sees this as a new beginning for herself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seunghyun choi said:

You can actually be a woman AND be a misogynist. I've met some -- girls at uni who claimed they only had guy friends because 'girls are jealous of other girls.' Mothers who teach their daughters to hide away and never speak of abuse or assault they may have suffered, because it will reflect badly on the victim.There is a lot of internalized misogyny that can go on amongst women, with regards to their own bodies, their perception of their own strengths/weaknesses.

Having a female CEO in kpop is pretty unprecedented and a welcome move, but I'm not dupe to the optics of her appointment. They coincide neatly with a series of scandals forcing the Yangs to 'step down' -- the main one involving the drugging and systematic rape of many young women.

YGE is a company which has appeared to favour its male acts over female talent for a long time. Witness how 2NE1 was dismantled with uncaring haste. I have never seen a highly successful male group at YG treated quite that way! Blackpink has kept YGE in the money the last two years, but now that Big Bang is returning, expect all resources be focused on relaunching them and female acts like BP relegated to the background. 

Edited by Cat_OTO
  • Like 3
  • Tea 1

5 minutes ago, Cat_OTO said:

You can actually be a woman AND be a misogynist. I've met some -- girls at uni who claimed they only had guy friends because 'girls are jealous of other girls.' Mothers who teach their daughters to hide away and never speak of abuse or assault they may have suffered, because it will reflect badly on the victim.There is a lot of internalized misogyny that can go on amongst women, with regards to their own bodies, their perception of their own strengths/weaknesses.

Having a female CEO in kpop is pretty unprecedented and a welcome move, but I'm not dupe to the optics of her appointment. They coincide neatly with a series of scandals forcing the Yangs to 'step down' -- the main one involving the drugging and systematic rape of many young women.

YGE is a company which has appeared to favour its male acts over female talent for a long time. Witness how 2NE1 was dismantled with uncaring haste. I have never seen a highly successful male group at YG treated quite that way! Blackpink has kept YGE in the money the last two years, but now that Big Bang is returning, expect all resources be focused on relaunching them and female acts like BP relegated to the background. 

Well in that case you might as well say kpop in general is misogynistic, and you have none to blame for it but other women. Almost all agencies prioritize male idols over their female acts why? Because fangirls are for more numerous and go nuts over boy groups  that even the smallest nugu get militant dedicated fans. Then you look at the optics of the top acts worldwide that broke every  record  from hot to bigbang to bts they are all dudes with millions and probably now hundreds of millions of dedicated fans the majority of are female. Soo if anyone is to blame its the people who set the bar  can't blame others for shooting yourself in the foot 

• Tea 1
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, seunghyun choi said:

Well in that case you might as well say kpop in general is misogynistic, and you have none to blame for it but other women. Almost all agencies prioritize male idols over their female acts why? Because fangirls are for more numerous and go nuts over boy groups  that even the smallest nugu get militant dedicated fans. Then you look at the optics of the top acts worldwide that broke every  record  from hot to bigbang to bts they are all dudes with millions and probably now hundreds of millions of dedicated fans the majority of are female. Soo if anyone is to blame its the people who set the bar  can't blame others for shooting yourself in the foot 

I'm not disputing my role as a female fan in kpop at all. But you can't just put all the blame on the female fans and absolve the companies and their role in hyper-marketing these groups to an intense and sometimes obsessive kpop fan culture. 

It's also not just male groups. Blackpink and Twice have huge fandom, for example. And mixed fandoms at that. 

I stand by what I said about corporate culture at companies like YGE and SM being misogynistic. I understand the word and what it means. I still think the way CL was treated yesterday with YG is born of that culture.

And how exactly am I shooting myself in the foot and blaming others for it?

• Like 1
  • Tea 1

imagine keeping seungrat's content up after all the shit he pulled yet the instant cl escapes you delete all her stuff.. class move, just as we've come to expect from yg

• Tea 4

Remember when Yang Hyun Suk said that his second born child (his son) will inherit the company? He won't give it to his first born because she is a girl. That says a lot about his views on women and why he treats them differently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ahnemone said:

Remember when Yang Hyun Suk said that his second born child (his son) will inherit the company? He won't give it to his first born because she is a girl. That says a lot about his views on women and why he treats them differently. 

Strawman reach. Now this is  a normal society thing that has been around for ages in almost every country. The  idea that men worked and women benefit from it. The  ideals man is supposed to be head of the  household and  take care of their needs etc, alot has changed in the thousands of years since then but many people till this day still adhere to this old ancient principle, there's a huge segment of women who very much want this to stay the same so they can benefit without having to do work.  Also  side note for all the people who don't know what misogyny means, let me give you the  red pill. The reason the majority of situations in which women are not leaders or in stem is because they didn't want that responsibility/job most men do wow who would've known this was a clear conscious decision nobody was  cheated out of or forced, you can look up thousands of behavioral studies etc about this stuff most of the time misogyny is a myth 

• Dislike 5

5 minutes ago, seunghyun choi said:

Strawman reach. Now this is  a normal society thing that has been around for ages in almost every country. The  idea that men worked and women benefit from it. The  ideals man is supposed to be head of the  household and  take care of their needs etc, alot has changed in the thousands of years since then but many people till this day still adhere to this old ancient principle, there's a huge segment of women who very much want this to stay the same so they can benefit without having to do work.  Also  side note for all the people who don't know what misogyny means, let me give you the  red pill. The reason the majority of situations in which women are not leaders or in stem is because they didn't want that responsibility/job most men do wow who would've known this was a clear conscious decision nobody was  cheated out of or forced, you can look up thousands of behavioral studies etc about this stuff most of the time misogyny is a myth 

That's called misogyny lmao the reach to justify what he said or what he is doing.

Is he your dad or something? 

9 hours ago, seunghyun choi said:

"Mysoginy is a myth" yet what you just said is a form of mysoginy, you just played yourself.Be thankful you were born a privileged dude, mysoginy is not your reality but it is the case for coutless women.

Edit: "Most of the time misogyny is a myth" 

Edited by Le kwan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Le kwan said:

"Mysoginy is a myth" yet what you just said is a form of mysoginy, you just played yourself.Be thankful you were born a privileged dude, mysoginy is not your reality but it is the case for coutless women.

Wow that moment when you don't learn how to read and just copy abit out of context to run your own agenda. I said its a mythmost of the time = that it exists and there are legitimate concerns and issues BUT it doesn't apply to literally every fucking situation 

• Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, seunghyun choi said:

Wow that moment when you don't learn how to read and just copy abit out of context to run your own agenda. I said its a mythmost of the time = that it exists and there are legitimate concerns and issues BUT it doesn't apply to literally every fucking situation 

What a condescending human being you are, learn how to actually respectfully argue with someone without putting them down. Let me edit that to "Most of the time misogyny is a myth" so that it refutes my point, but oh wait my point still stands. I have carefully read your paragraph as well as your previous answers, and I called out the irony of it being a form of misogyny  while stating that most of the time misogyny is a myth but I'm not surprised you don't see it.

Edited by Le kwan
  • Like 1
  • Clown 1