Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xoxo7

YGE showing their pettiness and misogyny yet again

Edited by Xoxo7
  • Like 5

YG ent privited the videos. This is petty and trash of YG ent to do this to their legendary group member.  🐍

• Like 1

CL should have left years ago because she would have been much better off if she had.

• Like 4

Welp guess there is no hope for a 2ne1 union bc if the all leave YG will never let any of them sign any of their old songs...

• Like 1

Typical YG... So damn unfair that they erase all her years of hard work just like that. But I honestly think it's a price she's willing to pay to just get out of there.

They treated CL and EVERYBODY in 2NE1 so bad. 2NE1 made YGE so much money, brought that company so much success. I know Big Bang was the first but it wasn't the only group to lift YGE. That's not a diss towards BB because I've liked them for years, I'm just saying.

I remember hearing during 2NE1's time how none of the female trainees or idols were allowed to use the YG cafeteria if male trainees or idols were in there. So female trainees would often go hungry. It seems like such a petty rule to impose, for what reason? To lord power over the females and their bodies and appetite. The way YGE threw Bom under the bus was also terrible (setting the stage for how the company treated Nam Taehyun, TOP, etc). I sometimes wonder how Blackpink is coping tbh.

I'm glad she's leaving because she is smart and talented and can finally take control of her career and her life. I have a feeling she has been fighting depression for a while now about this entire situation. This is a liberation. But I wish YG hadn't done that to try and pretend she and the group never existed.

Edited by Cat_OTO
  • Like 6
  • Tea 2

1 minute ago, Cat_OTO said:

I remember hearing during 2NE1's time how none of the female trainees or idols were allowed to use the YG cafeteria if male trainees or idols were in there. So female trainees would often go hungry. It seems like such a petty rule to impose, for what reason? To lord power of the females and their bodies and appetite. The way YGE threw Bom under the bus was also terrible (setting the stage for how the company treated Nam Taehyun, TOP, etc). I sometimes wonder how Blackpink is coping tbh.

Omg 

First time I heard of that,DISGUSTING 

Yeah me too,YG really hates Women,I mean even after all BP achievements this year,they gave Winner 2 CBs and gave them a rushed CB.

Lmao they gave Winner a 2CB for their 2 concerts in SK but they don't think BP deserved a CB for a f dome tour.

BP will have the same fate sadly,their potential will be wasted and they will throw them in the dungeon when the new gg debut,I mean they are basically over since now.

3 minutes ago, Xoxo7 said:

Omg 

First time I heard of that,DISGUSTING 

Yeah me too,YG really hates Women,I mean even after all BP achievements this year,they gave Winner 2 CBs and gave them a rushed CB.

Lmao they gave Winner a 2CB for their 2 concerts in SK but they don't think BP deserved a CB for a f dome tour.

BP will have the same fate sadly,their potential will be wasted and they will throw them in the dungeon when the new gg debut,I mean they are basically over since now.

Yep. It's an actual rule. YGE have said it is to keep the males and females separated because YGE is 'strict about dating.' 🙄 So the men eat first and the women are scheduled to eat maybe an hour later. However, if any of the males are still eating one hour later (because they came late), or Yang Hyun Suk is in there hanging with his beloved bros, the females absolutely cannot enter the cafeteria. And that means many end up not being able to eat, or begging their managers to buy them snacks because then it is training or schedule time.

It really is petty and , like I said, I think it is just a cover to exert power over the females, restricting their movements, restricting their food intake.

BP is such a phenomenon, I saw them perform in London this summer, I think they really enjoy getting to travel and perform. I did notice they get some individual schedules (modeling engagements, mostly) so I'm hoping this will give them more freedom and money-power than 2NE1 got. Like Jennie especially is so hot around the world right now. Major couture houses would love her to represent their brand. I don't think YGE can ignore that right now, as much as they pretend to be choosy. They need the money and the positive exposure after all the scandals this year.

14 minutes ago, Cat_OTO said:

They treated CL and EVERYBODY in 2NE1 so bad. 2NE1 made YGE so much money, brought that company so much success. I know Big Bang was the first but it wasn't the only group to lift YGE. That's not a diss towards BB because I've liked them for years, I'm just saying.

I remember hearing during 2NE1's time how none of the female trainees or idols were allowed to use the YG cafeteria if male trainees or idols were in there. So female trainees would often go hungry. It seems like such a petty rule to impose, for what reason? To lord power over the females and their bodies and appetite. The way YGE threw Bom under the bus was also terrible (setting the stage for how the company treated Nam Taehyun, TOP, etc). I sometimes wonder how Blackpink is coping tbh.

I'm glad she's leaving because she is smart and talented and can finally take control of her career and her life. I have a feeling she has been fighting depression for a while now about this entire situation. This is a liberation. But I wish YG hadn't done that to try and pretend she and the group never existed.

Do you remember where you heard that from? Cause it seems weird. Trainees don't eat in the cafeteria in the YG building since they have a separate building for them. And yes, there is a rule to not have male and female trainees eat together but it came into effect in the past few years, much later after 2NE1's time.

----

I'm surprised? Ahh, no, not really. YG's favourite and all that, you know? 🙄 That's fine, this will only motivate us to support her more. 

16 minutes ago, Primarina said:

Shitty company

The rule of separating male and female trainees came in effect in 2015, when there was the scandal of Jung Jinhyung & cho miyeon now (G)I-DLE members dated, and both of them got kicked out of YG.

And the rule is if females are eating, male can't enter the cafeteria, and if male are eating, female can't enter. Then they separated male and female trainees altogether, they can't meet even if they want to.

• Like 1

So gross and low class from YGE

But it's more fault of Hwang Bokyung the new female CEO than Old Yang.

Yang never blocked Minzy,  Gummy, Epik High or Psy.

Bokyung will be more ceo without mercy like SM style of blocking ex artists.

Edited by Drama Drama Drama
  • Tea 1

It's a very low move  but can't say I am surprised. 

Maybe CL bought her master and the rights of her songs... If she did, YG can't use them.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, juniordud said:

Maybe CL bought her master and the rights of her songs... If she did, YG can't use them.

that's what im wondering too....cl is actually pretty rich and if she wants to start anew, it would be best for yg to not have access to her work or to make money off of her solo work.

it would really be a best case scenario for her if it turns out that way

Seems like their separation wasn’t amicable and YG is doing whatever possible to spite her. I’m hoping this gives her more motivation to prosper even more.

Why Is YG acting like they are surprised she left though? Denying her leaving and now somehow punishing her with this. Did he really expect her to renew afte the way she was treated?

In not shocking news, YG will turn their back on anyone if it means risking losing money for their business. CL literally built up the reputation for YG girl groups with the rest of 2NE1 and that is how you repay her after basically not doing anything with her for all those years? Disgusting 

2 hours ago, Mees Madds said:

Do you remember where you heard that from? Cause it seems weird. Trainees don't eat in the cafeteria in the YG building since they have a separate building for them. And yes, there is a rule to not have male and female trainees eat together but it came into effect in the past few years, much later after 2NE1's time.

I thought I heard it years ago, I want to say in 2NE1's first tv show? When cameras followed them and their awkward interaction with YHS (where he made CL and Bom share a plate of food for one person). However,  @juniordudposted that the rule separating male and female trainees appears to have been implemented as recently as 2015. So maybe I am mixing up what was said on that earlier show with the gender-separation cafeteria rule. In any case, the show does hint at YHS's treatment of 2NE1 as being not great. Members of Big Bang, by contrast, are absolutely lovely to the girls.

Wowww. I'm hoping she bought the rights to her songs. Maybe she'll reupload but then again it makes no sense for her yt acct to be shut down smh. If anything, it could be sold just like cube selling to hyuna/p-nation

Her soundcloud being cleared is so weird. Do you earn money from soundcloud? Thought it was a free platform to upload music content

Edited by classiq
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cat_OTO said:

Yep. It's an actual rule. YGE have said it is to keep the males and females separated because YGE is 'strict about dating.' 🙄 So the men eat first and the women are scheduled to eat maybe an hour later. However, if any of the males are still eating one hour later (because they came late), or Yang Hyun Suk is in there hanging with his beloved bros, the females absolutely cannot enter the cafeteria. And that means many end up not being able to eat, or begging their managers to buy them snacks because then it is training or schedule time.

It really is petty and , like I said, I think it is just a cover to exert power over the females, restricting their movements, restricting their food intake.

BP is such a phenomenon, I saw them perform in London this summer, I think they really enjoy getting to travel and perform. I did notice they get some individual schedules (modeling engagements, mostly) so I'm hoping this will give them more freedom and money-power than 2NE1 got. Like Jennie especially is so hot around the world right now. Major couture houses would love her to represent their brand. I don't think YGE can ignore that right now, as much as they pretend to be choosy. They need the money and the positive exposure after all the scandals this year.

YG is sending a msg with CL. Youre a nobody without me.  All the things bp have, are owned by YG. Music, name. Everything.

IMO they are in a worst position than 2ne1.

Edited by losetodo
  • Like 1

While, I do believe that YG is a hates woman, I'm pretty sure this is just a fuck to CL for whatever reason. 

Gummy & Bom still have music videos and it seems like anything CL related on 2NE1's channel is still up. So anything that's related to CL as a solo artist has been removed.