Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Dara Unnie

Virtual relationship

HI,

I just want you to tell me if you guys have already dated someone that you met over the internet. I'm sayin it cause I'm into "love app" and I found out somebody but my Mother is really against it I can't even tell her about the situation. I'm an adult already but I live with her. Tell me about your experiences😄

Don't do it unless they're a nearby city. If it's in another country and you have no long-term plans or financial ability to visit each other, then don't even think about continuing it. It'll just be a lot of unnecessary pain familia 

If you can't meet up with them irl early on the relationship then don't do it. People act really differently online than irl.

like others have said if you can't meet up i wouldn't recommend it. meeting people online is one thing but having you're relationship 100% online is not rlly smart in this day and age where catfishing ect is a common as it is. 

Online relationships rarely work out, if at all. Especially if you're not guaranteed to meet the person.

I have but its bad idea to me. But to me any ldr don't work out.  Even if they address nearby , if i can't be with them on regular..weekly at the least..basis whats the point tbh

Yeah I dated someone I met on a forum... Tho we never met in person, I wanted to tho but she dumped me before that happened... We had plans already *sigh*

And yeah she was a foreigner, which CAN work out, but now I'm not in a stage of life where I'd want that (I have a job and gonna move out later this month) like I FINALLY achieved things in life, I can't risk losing everything again... Finding someone irl is hard as well where I live *sigh* yeah I found someone but if that doesn't work out...

I'm very patient, not so sexual and the thought of marriage makes me uneasy, so some distance in a relationship ain't bad... But never seeing her at all??? Heck once a week will do... But ldr with a foreigner means either not meeting up at all, or maybe 1/2 times a year if lucky and wealthy... Maybe a bit more if they live in your country but you gotta ask yourself if that's enough for you, AND for them.

i was in one for almost 2 years and altho i don't regret it i wouldn't recommend it. its just a lot of waiting and uncertainty in my case. you have to be sure that both of y'all would make it work and is serious about it for it to work. also trust is very important

Posted (edited)

Maybe I'm too traditional, but a virtual relationship isn't real.

You can spend hours talking to someone and learning about them, but none of it matters unless you spend time together, face to face, in person. The chemistry between two people on and offline can be completely different. It's totally fine to meet someone from an app, but if you are serious, you need to meet and spend time in person.

Edited by glitterallday

Never dated anyone online. Can't help but lean more on your mothers side here. You truly never know who your talking with online, everyone is different from how they are online compared to how they are in reality. Even if you were to meet this person in real life, and they seem all well that doesn't mean anything. If you are interested in taking a relationship seriously online, then I suggest you try to make sure your talking to who you think your talking to and not some creepy old guy. Try having a Skype call with them or something else similar. If your interested in meeting them in real life, then make sure you have someone with you while meeting this person. Honestly though, I think your better off seeking a relationship with someone in real life. The pros outweigh the cons of building a relationship with someone in real life compared to someone online.

On 11/3/2019 at 3:37 AM, Repeat said:

If you can't meet up with them irl early on the relationship then don't do it. People act really differently online than irl.

Tbh.