Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Lamington

QUESTION FOR MONBEBES?!

Hypothetically, let's say if the billboard in Times Square, and the social media hashtags work, and Starship decide to re-sign Wonho and let him back in MX... What's the game plan after that?

How will they continue to support him and MX as a group? Because we know in conservative Asia it's going to be hard to let someone with real life criminal accusations that are still pending to promote on TV which is essential to them having a career... Or will they demand for them to just promote in the US?

Genuinely curious because I dead ass can't see how this is going to work, lol.

zUGfiqz.gif

• Like 6
  • Tea 5
  • Dislike 3

The actual question is why the fuck is everyone so pressed over monbebe trying to do something for their group.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 7

I think what Monbebes doing are harming the rest of the group. If Wonho re-sign, I can see more backlash to the group from the knets which none wants that tbh as it brings more damage tho. They have military service also coming up so yeah I don't see how US promotion would save them.

We should let them be at least they are trying to make a point but hopely they don't do this by spreading any fake info because that is not going to look good on the fandom. 

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

if he re-signs, it will damage the image of the group with kfans, yes

however mx can still rely on their international fandom to at least survive the industry. they can also continue to grow their fandom. potentially more ifans will want to stan

and like you said op, they can continue to do western activities

as long as they have a fandom willing to support them, then they can make it

• Like 3
  • Clown 1

14 minutes ago, Winter Bear said:

The actual question is why the fuck is everyone so pressed over monbebe trying to do something for their group.

it was a genuine question, damn

Edited by Lamington
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 3

Lami asked a legit question lol, all monbebes have done so far in Korea is show international fans really dont give two shits about korean society, especially with that sewol excuse they tried to pull.

• Like 7
  • Tea 2
  • Dislike 3

Monsta X have a solid fanbase in Korea, not huge, but a decent fanbase that is incredibly supportive and their international fanbase is growing everyday

We just want Wonho back

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Clown 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, blossoms said:

Monsta X have a solid fanbase in Korea, not huge, but a decent fanbase that is incredibly supportive and their international fanbase is growing everyday

We just want Wonho back

Ok, but like you get him back and then what? Business as usual even tho there are still these accusations floating around? Like i'm just genuinely trying to figure it out.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Lamington said:

Ok, but like you get him back and then what? Business as usual even tho there are still these accusations floating around? Like i'm just genuinely trying to figure it out.

Wonho has literally talked about this stuff in the past, his past is well-known to fans and was even discussed by netizens in like 2015. Wonho has talked about how his past was horrible, he did bad things, he changed his last name and has been entirely sober for 4 years - he's tried all these years to better himself, to be kind to his body instead of self-harming and abusing substances. None of this is new, it's just been dragged up for whatever reason right at the timing of their comeback

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, blossoms said:

Wonho has literally talked about this stuff in the past, his past is well-known to fans and was even discussed by netizens in like 2015. Wonho has talked about how his past was horrible, he did bad things, he changed his last name and has been entirely sober for 4 years - he's tried all these years to better himself, to be kind to his body instead of self-harming and abusing substances. None of this is new, it's just been dragged up for whatever reason right at the timing of their comeback

Ok.... But I'm asking about right now, what is the game plan for the future. Just continue on business as usual? 

Their image would be ruined in SK. They flopped this comeback, and them bringing back Wonho would abandon their core (actually buys their shit) Korean fan base. The excuses popping up about the Sewol etc are gross and insensitive and shows that ifans just don't care. It's better he left because who knows how big the allegations could grow.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

Rather than trying to force him back into the group fans should be showing support to him as an individual.  That chapter of his life is over so fans need to be making it clear that being Monsta X's Wonho isn't the only way they will care about him.Right now he needs to be assured he still has a career even if it's not with monsta x.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gaudy said:

Their image would be ruined in SK. They flopped this comeback, and them bringing back Wonho would abandon their core (actually buys their shit) Korean fan base. The excuses popping up about the Sewol etc are gross and insensitive and shows that ifans just don't care. It's better he left because who knows how big the allegations could grow.

Right. And if rumors are true, there will be more shit to come for Monsta X and Wonho. The me too thing already left a foul taste in kfans mouths about this. I'm not saying what Starship did was wrong or right, but they would look even more like fools if they took Wonho back after all this. Especially after Daeun mentioned a guy from burnining sun. It would be smart to avoid anything remotely related to that with a fifty foot pole. Also, what gets me is that more people signed that petition in a few hours than people who purchased the latest album. Also. The whole buying a billboard in America where Monsta X and Starship are NOT located is going to do what, exactly? That money raised could have been to giving direct monetary support by buying their albums.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, TheBestGuest said:

Also, what gets me is that more people signed that petition in a few hours than people who purchased the latest album.

💀💀💀💀

did you have to

18 minutes ago, Gaudy said:

7 minutes ago, TheBestGuest said:

Right. And if rumors are true, there will be more shit to come for Monsta X and Wonho. The me too thing already left a foul taste in kfans mouths about this. I'm not saying what Starship did was wrong or right, but they would look even more like fools if they took Wonho back after all this. Especially after Daeun mentioned a guy from burnining sun. It would be smart to avoid anything remotely related to that with a fifty foot pole. Also, what gets me is that more people signed that petition in a few hours than people who purchased the latest album. Also. The whole buying a billboard in America where Monsta X and Starship are NOT located is going to do what, exactly? That money raised could have been to giving direct monetary support by buying their albums.

all great points! which further drives home the question - what. is. the. game. plan

why can no monbebes answer this - also another question

• Like 1

I still don’t understand why monbebe, if they truly care, are raising money to spend on a useless billboard located in the US all the way across the world of all places instead of... idk having bought their albums?

or perhaps using that money to pay the girl back her almost 30k that he STOLE from her instead? Nothing I-fans are doing is helping him. They are literally hurting the group especially after that Sewol conspiracy shit they pulled. Koreans are just going to think badly of him and MX (and sorry no they don’t have a large supportive k-fandom. You guys DO know lots of kfans wanted him gone... right? They’re more worried about Shownu 🤡) even more. Congrats monbebe!!

• Like 4

It's about time for their korean and international fandom to sit and brainstorm their next move because the way their international part has been moving created more harm than help to the rest of the members atp.

• Like 2

I am confused as to why it will harm them in korea if he is re-signed? Are kfans of the grp on a different page from ifans? Like dont they want a member of their fav grp back? Did they support the company in their decision of not sticking with him? 

What is it about the billboard on times square thing?

did their fans gather money to..what?put their face on the billboard?and for...what exactly?

They will never re-sign him, they can't. Starship has investors like every other label, and those investors are not gonna have faith in a label that chooses to bring back someone who's considered a criminal by the public. We all know how Korea and the industry are with these things. An attitude controversy can ruin someone's career, a criminal scandal can and often does get you blacklisted. We're talking about both theft and drug usage in his adult life, after he was already caught for theft as a teen. His reputation with the public is ruined, even if he has changed since his trainee days. A lot of Korean fans have also left over the last week because of his scandals, I think more would leave if he came back. 

If fans can't accept that he's out of the group and keep protesting like this, I honestly think there's a bigger chance we'll end up seeing MX disband.

• Like 1

Actually most of the hashtags and twitter raid is organised by the Korean & chinese Monbebes. Int Monbebes are mostly followers.

Do you think it's international fans who did all this all around Starship Ent:

EIWdL_cWkAADQr3?format=jpg&name=mediumImageImage

Edited by juniordud

1 hour ago, juniordud said:

Actually most of the hashtags and twitter raid is organised by the Korean & chinese Monbebes. Int Monbebes are mostly followers.

Do you think it's international fans who did all this all around Starship Ent:

EIWdL_cWkAADQr3?format=jpg&name=mediumImageImage

Those flags were done by Chinese fans lol

k-monbebe are the one to start the petition to kick him out after the me too fiasco... you guys might want to check out the Korean sites a bit more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RS92 said:

I am confused as to why it will harm them in korea if he is re-signed? Are kfans of the grp on a different page from ifans? Like dont they want a member of their fav grp back? Did they support the company in their decision of not sticking with him? 

Kfans are the ones who started the petition to remove him after the me too thing. Sure.... some want him back but Wonho isn’t popular in Korea like internationally, kfans are more worried about Shownu’s scandal and how it’ll effect him. 

Also if he’s back in the group he’s getting the group blacklisted. Ifans can whine all they want about how weed isn’t a big deal etc etc but it is to Koreans. And he smoked it and someone connected to Burning sun was supposedly witness. You think starship wants that connection? Nvm the fact he was on probation. Starship would’ve never even taken him on if they had known and no WAY is k-shows going to let him on air. They literally blur out ppl in shows who did drugs.

also this sewol ferry conspiracy crap is giving MX a bad rep. Monbebe are literally hurting them MORE. Nobody knew MX before this now they only see bad things. Let MX continue as 6 and maybe the rest can salvage THEIR careers.

it sucks but I feel like monbebe are barely even thinking of the others. This is their livelihood... Wonho has just about tarnished it. But the main problem is fans being in denial. They say it’s lies but when you point out how he confirmed making mistakes they twist it “he’s changed!!” But has he really if he hasn’t given the chick her 30k? 🤔

• Like 4