Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
EasySteezy

How did you realize that you weren't in love with someone

Last year I had a very serious boyfriend that I was living with. I could've sworn up and down that I was in love (It was my first time being in love with someone),

but now that I'm in my current relationship and I see how my current bf makes me feel? I've learned I was never in love with my ex... like at all. Maybe in friend love.

What about you guys? what was your lightbulb moment that made you realize it wasn't love

Well ive prob had this several times but honestly this happened to me within last few months.  It was actually a girl i dumped about 5 years ago tbh. And it was hard on me ttb.  Like i was always telling myself after that i hated her. I went on to date someone else, for slightly longer even (almost 2 years) but like my ex was out of mind there cuz i had convinced myself i hate her.  But when my next gf & i broke up. Well first , this moment for that ex is diff tho like as well idk if i ever love her, we just had a lot of physical/sexual attraction/chemistry. Given how we still hooked up often for a few years after. But i was really smitten before we broke up. Once we break up i just miss my ex before.  And im like fuck. I don't hate her. She was my best friend and we were in love for 1,5 yr. But then it occured to me, 5 yrs after dumping her. Ive prob been over her for a long time,  i just wanted her back because that sort of relationship where they're ur best friend,, that's a keeper in every other relationship ive had the emotional connection is not there,  just physical n sexual. And i love that idea of her.

Tho we were young n stupid it didn't work.  We fought too much that i give up. 5 years later, we're both much different people and move on. But the biggest wake up call for me to realize its a fantasy to me to still "love" her i found out thru SNS that she has jaded view on love and hates her ex(me). Realizing she doesn't love me anm like i thot she did just made me rralize this.  I dunnp tho cuz like the fight that cause me to give up was she was mad at me was i talked to a mutual friend getting over her ex that's its ok to not be able to move on cuz i still love my exes. Not "in love" anymore duh. But obviously no one wanna hear about their gf saying that.  I want even like 100 fr tho like i just said that to comfort our friend.  I am real abt that tho i think i fall out of love with my exes, but to me if they r an ex. Always love there,  i am able to move on but there was sumn there as a relationship

I realized things weren't working when I did everything possible to avoid him, I didn't answer his messages in hours and I started seeing all the things I didn't like about him. 

Since I was born, I still don't love someone besides my family. Don't even know what's does mean.

When I find out I'm in love, I might be still like them and take care of them even though, they have a bad side. I could accept who they are.