Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jennie X Rose

What are you thoughts on the ShaneXJeffree collaboration?

The palette looks promising from what I saw so far but I still feel Shane got into makeup after realizing how much money it can bring. He had zero interest in it last year and all the sudden he wants to be a beauty guru after the documentary he filmed with Jeffree where Jeffree mentioned the collaboration idea which make me reconsider supporting the release

I mean I don't think Jeffree wouldn't let it flop, even if he's messy.

It's interesting to see the behind the scenes of the makeup industry and the amount of money you can make from it. I'm excited to see the outcome of the palette with the creativity behind the logo, packaging, shade and shade colors. But im not into makeup, so I won't buy anything

Edited by kyulkyung

I like seeing the creative and business process behind it all, that's the biggest draw for me 

• Like 1

shane wanting to collab after realizing how much money it would bring is not the thing that should make u reconsider supporting lmao maybe the fact that he's collaborating with a racist??? idk man

• Like 2

imo shane should drop the "im so poor/unworthy" shtick, we all know (him included) this palette is going to break the internet

• Like 1
  • Tea 3

he make enough money as it is through his channel especially with the insane amount of attention all of his behind the youtuber series have been getting

i think Jeffree has just a major influence in helping expand his brand into other areas and this especially true for makeup since they've been working together nonstop for over a year now 

17 minutes ago, seola said:

imo shane should drop the "im so poor/unworthy" shtick, we all know (him included) this palette is going to break the internet

I have to agree with this, it's getting annoying at this point especially knowing he is richer than I will ever be 

The Tea GIF by Dreezy

28 minutes ago, bork said:

shane wanting to collab after realizing how much money it would bring is not the thing that should make u reconsider supporting lmao maybe the fact that he's collaborating with a racist??? idk man

I forgot about that

not interest in anything shane does with jefferee cuz i dont like him, like i dont watch their videos or anything and idk what the make up is, but i just looked up this collab merchandise, and im just saying but i love pigs and i think the merchandise with them looks cute. like i could see me buying those slides, maybe hoodie and/or hat. not that i will. cuz i dont want to(also looking it look like most things sold out hhh), but they are cute. looking at price as well, not that worth it. like $40 slides no, cuz i alr have slides. also the $50 pig all over is what id be most inclined to, at the price. but also i have a hoodie from teddy fresh thats similar (but with teddy ofc) but more colorful and shit, that the pig one comes off plain to me (albeit, the teddyfresh one is like 85$)

Trash collaborating with Garbage.😍

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Clown 1

Ew, glad you didn't post a pic of the products. I'd hate to even THINK they are cute

I think it's pretty natural to take interest in something your friend is passionate about, especially if they make their business/life about it. It doesn't surprise me that Shane is suddenly into makeup when Jeffree Star is his close friend, maybe he had been thinking about getting into makeup for a long time prior to the doc but didn't know what to do with it until he got the idea for the doc. It does seem a little forced, though, because he thrust himself into makeup and this collab happened so quickly after, which makes it seem a little disingenuous compared to someone like a beauty guru who's been passionate about makeup for years and can form that trust between them and the consumer. Jeffree just handed him a color palette and Shane picked out pretty colors then picked the names off the top of his head—it didn't seem like he already had a clear vision for the palette/makeup line without Jeffree's help, which makes this whole collab feel less passionate.

I like Shane and Jeffree but if I don't like the makeup I'm not gonna buy it. The palette looks okay but I'd need proper swatches to decide. I don't find the shade names endearing though, if anything they're more of a turn off like "Tanacon", "Trisha", "Cheetoh Dust". Gross. The lipsticks/lip gloss are unappealing to me so I know I won't be buying those. Overall, I think it's an okay collab but it's not going to break the makeup world like they're saying. I don't think Shane's doing this solely for the money but rather because of genuine interest, but I hope after he gets the profits he stops calling himself poor because it's not true and it's annoying when he denies having money. It's like he's trying to cling to that relatability but then you see all the videos showcasing their million dollar-looking house and it's like honestly just stfu.

Edited by Sooyoung's Wife
  • Like 1

Jeffree's products are really good, he's good at what he does even if he's messy or whatever. About Shane, I think it's just for attention and money, maybe he's truly interested but I'm not buying that show.