Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
TheSixPackGuy

Korean Government is planning on making a Law called "Sulli's Law" regarding malicious comments

It's really upsetting that these sorts of things only tend to happen after a tragedy has already taken place. Just gonna be positive and say that I hope it can help others in the future and can work to prevent losing somebody else like this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, godblessdelulu said:

it takes a death to make something happens, haizzz

Most laws and regulations are due to blood being spilled. Many governments and societies are reactive not proactive because people don't like change. A lot of governments that try to put in proactive laws are often accused of activism/overreach unfortunately. You could go through every safety regulation/so and so's law and find out that someone died or was seriously injured being the reason the regulation or law came to be. It's sad but I hope some good comes from all of it

Hurray

• Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Tea 4

A trend setter and standard bearer even in her death. Sulli was rare and special. 

38 minutes ago, molang said:

It's really upsetting that these sorts of things only tend to happen after a tragedy has already taken place. Just gonna be positive and say that I hope it can help others in the future and can work to prevent losing somebody else like this.

Hope this isn't just a political move and it helps to mitigate the misuses of social media platforms.

I'd like more action from the entertainment industry at large (some portion of it made some statements) as their are getting all the money and doing almost nothing in return.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

this is my first post in OH for a loooong time and so sad, it's about Sulli's death. It's depressing and my heart can't help feeling heavy whenever I think of this. I wish ppl had protected her... Things like online bullying have gone out of hands for quite a while, it's sad it takes someone's life for govt to take action. I hope it's effectively implemented, not only a "buzz" after a shocking event.

• Like 4

More like politicians using this to control what people say about them. They make me sick. 

• Like 1

I could see this escalating into something exploitable by powerful people.

Edited by Zaiku
  • Like 1

It's very sad that was a reactive decisions...it took them a tragedy to happen to start this change.

6 hours ago, Haestan said:

More like politicians using this to control what people say about them. They make me sick. 

Yes as a Korean citizen I do worry that the politicians proposing this law will use it for something else,  just using the people's grief and want for change as a means to get it passed, I know this stuff isn't something international fans care about but its something we have to deal with, the coming months will tell us how much this law changes before it gets passed and if it will be used for good or bad 

• Tea 1

This is kinda like "Amber alert", in my country it's called "Ananda alert". It shouldn't have to be like this but hey, it's some progress.

15 hours ago, hurray said:

Most laws and regulations are due to blood being spilled. Many governments and societies are reactive not proactive because people don't like change. A lot of governments that try to put in proactive laws are often accused of activism/overreach unfortunately. You could go through every safety regulation/so and so's law and find out that someone died or was seriously injured being the reason the regulation or law came to be. It's sad but I hope some good comes from all of it

Hurray

It’s sad but true, in order to implement a law you need to have enough evidence to support it. 

Edited by deadnerys