Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmallows

Why was sulli getting all these malicious comments in the first place ?

I am curious because I never knew her that well as an idol. I only remember seeing her getting hate from knetz once when she didn't wear a bra (which I also don't so I was like...??? What's the problem) and I have seen people accusing her of wanting attention or that she's crazy but if anything she seemed just a little bit more of a free spirit and quirky... 

Like where did it start and what made them so angry at her? 

All I remember is her being occasionally weird and it's like....she's a part of the entertainment world for crying out loud. Isn't weirdness something we embrace nowadays.

I remember seeing it start when she started Choiza a few years ago. They accused her of being lazy onstage and blamed Choiza for it. She took a one year break from the idol life due to the hate comments and left the group after that. 

the witch hunt started when she started dating and leaving f(x) from what I remember

she always had that personality, she was more open to her thoughts later but it was not really something new

she was just being herself,, never harmed anyone nor did something wrong....

3 minutes ago, JNT-LEGGO said:

All I remember is her being occasionally weird and it's like....she's a part of the entertainment world for crying out loud. Isn't weirdness something we embrace nowadays.

It's seems like especially for knetz everything that is "out of line" is deserving of endless hate. 

She used to get hate when she was in Fx for her "attitude", as in when she doesn't react the way ppl want her to in varieties etc. Also for being "lazy" on stage.

Then it escalated after it was revealed she was dating Choiza and when she left Fx.

All in all, all these things never warranted all the hate she got...

Didn't she also get hate after appearing (briefly) in WGM's episode when Victoria was in the show? Honestly I have no idea why.. one could think she would be loved by netz because of her looks. 

I just can't imagine what she must have felt minutes before her death.. person's mind suffering from depression can shift thoughts in moments.. what if she regreted her decision at the end but it was too late? I can't help but think about it all the time.. it's truly heartbreaking

Edited by Sugar Daddy

10 minutes ago, Trashie said:

the witch hunt started when she started dating and leaving f(x) from what I remember

she always had that personality, she was more open to her thoughts later but it was not really something new

she was just being herself,, never harmed anyone nor did something wrong....

She was already suffering way before she left f(x)

SM's statement from when she had to take a break

As we say thank you to the fans who love f(x), we have an announcement to make. [f(x)] member Sulli became mentally and physically exhausted from the continuous, malicious comments and false rumors, and has expressed her wish to take a break from her celebrity activities for the time being.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sehunk said:

She was already suffering way before she left f(x)

SM's statement from when she had to take a break

As we say thank you to the fans who love f(x), we have an announcement to make. [f(x)] member Sulli became mentally and physically exhausted from the continuous, malicious comments and false rumors, and has expressed her wish to take a break from her celebrity activities for the time being.

after the hiatus she just left f(x) didn't she?

I know she had hate before but the witch hunt started around that time

anyway when it was won't change the sad reality and the unjustified hate she had to face

She was criticized/hated on for her performance during her last year or so in f(x). This was from 2013 or 2014 from what I can recall.

But it really took off after she left f(x) and dated Choiza.

i think a lot of hate was due to her image. sulli had the "maknae" appeal - she was promoted as pure and innocent girl. her dating choiza brought so much hate because it ruined fantasy her male fans had of her. 

that and her perceived lack of effort made it all go wild. 

2 minutes ago, Trashie said:

anyway when it was won't change the sad reality and the unjustified hate she had to face

Yeah it got worse after she left, now she also got the "betrayal" thing "fans" (and non-fans) do everytimes a member leaves a group.

Edited by abra

1 minute ago, Trashie said:

I can't remember exactly because I was like 10 back then but I was aware of it cuz my sister is a fan. There was also a video that circulated where the rest of the f(x) members were apparently ignoring her iirc there was victoria taking out something from the fridge. And knetz ate up the narrative that she's no longer in good terms with her groupmates. 

• Like 1

Sulli was very popular at a period where she gained the Peach nickname, people were crazy in love for her. Then after a while, she started to get bashed over her weight (from Hot Summer till Eletric Shock, if i remember well), then in Rum Pum Pum Pum/ pink tape era she was bashed for "not following the choreo well" and "being lazy", then in Red light people started to accuse her of getting ps to lose weight.

This was all before she left  Fx, after that is was really too chaotic. She got hate for dating, hate for breaking up, hate for her pictorials, hate for her movies, hate for her friendships, hate for her breasts, hate for her ig, srsly hate for everything...

In reality since the beggining the hate was because of pure jealousy, people were mad that someone was so pretty, then after fx people got even more mad because that woman wasnt only beautiful but also wanted to be free, people couldn't stand her having it, they had to destroy her to somehow feel better about themselves.

• Like 13

She was different. she was herself & Knetz hated that.

i have to say some actions of her were pretty yikes, like some pics&stuff, but that definitely wasn't something hate worthy & she was getting the same amount of hate comments as Seungri who's a definition of scum what tells you a lot about k-pop industry 

42 minutes ago, Usagi. said:

Sulli was very popular at a period where she gained the Peach nickname, people were crazy in love for her. Then after a while, she started to get bashed over her weight (from Hot Summer till Eletric Shock, if i remember well), then in Rum Pum Pum Pum/ pink tape era she was bashed for "not following the choreo well" and "being lazy", then in Red light people started to accuse her of getting ps to lose weight.

This was all before she left  Fx, after that is was really too chaotic. She got hate for dating, hate for breaking up, hate for her pictorials, hate for her movies, hate for her friendships, hate for her breasts, hate for her ig, srsly hate for everything...

In reality since the beggining the hate was because of pure jealousy, people were mad that someone was so pretty, then after fx people got even more mad because that woman wasnt only beautiful but also wanted to be free, people couldn't stand her having it, they had to destroy her to somehow feel better about themselves.

That's not what drove her to leave. The last straw for her which she also revealed on Reply Night was because of the intensity of hatred she got from saying she's a burden to the group and eventually that fx is growing apart because of her. Not because the physical comments on her. 

• Like 2

she refused to put herself in the box that the korean society (and honestly most societies...) force women into. That's the only reason. Literally the only reason why she got vile comments 

1 hour ago, Sugar Daddy said:

Didn't she also get hate after appearing (briefly) in WGM's episode when Victoria was in the show? Honestly I have no idea why.. one could think she would be loved by netz because of her looks. 

I just can't imagine what she must have felt minutes before her death.. person's mind suffering from depression can shift thoughts in moments.. what if she regreted her decision at the end but it was too late? I can't help but think about it all the time.. it's truly heartbreaking

Exactly the part that is very heartbroken. If only someone had checked up on her at her place at that very last minute? What if she had regretted her decision that last second but no one was there to help her? I can’t seem to take it off my mind. And is making it more painful to imagine. 

I believe it was after she started dating wasn't it? It so horrible how dating is viewed as sacrilegious in the idol world by some in the fandom. These are humans. Not dolls that are living to entertain us day in and out. I hope the people that bullied and said nasty things to Sulli online will deeply reflect on their part in this and never do it again. They contributed to someone's emotional breakdown and now suicide. Purely disgusting. The world lost a bright angel and her name was Sulli. I pray her soul is at peace.

It got nasty when she left f(x) and started dating that man, who made some not so nice (sexual) remarks about her. (correct me on that) 

people thought she was selfish and didn’t care for the other members, since she wanted out mid promotion. 

plus people are envious of her looks whether u want to admit it or not, they’d find any excuse to tear her down.

She was quite outspoken (esp on women’s rights) and didn’t fit the image of a traditional celebrity - she refused to conform to anyone else’s standards. She also lost her “cute” image which she was originally known for, instead choosing to embrace her own identity and being herself. She was constantly slut shamed and sexualised by men (and women). 

She was a good person and didn’t deserve any of the ridiculous hate (there was literally a witch hunt against her, the way the media demonised her is absolutely atrocious). 

Never mind ^^

Edited by Acer