Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Rojen

Pann Nate posts should be banned in OH

I still don't get why we can post articles from pann nate when there are only hate comments to everyone, it's not like the idols will read them here(you never know tho), but at the end it creates a breeding ground, enough

Edited by Rojen
  • Like 13

Yeah I agree. Some fans take net comments as facts and use that to hate artists. NB ruined T-ARA's image for western fans. 

These people commenting have no idea what someone is going through. Also their hate comment on these sites like NB and others might be triggering to other people. I'm not saying it's an "oh they hated their faves so it's triggering" but more so of the hate itself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitoku said:

half the users here should be banned too

I agree with you so much on this.

I pray to god that Netizenbuzz bitch doesn’t translate any Sulli articles, she's legit responsible for basically the ifandom's hate of Sulli. Fuck that site forever, i'm so angry and sad right now.

Edited by PeperoAddict89
  • Like 1

Why do people even post comments from other sites? Just post the article.

• Like 1

What does it matter if theyre here or not. The Idols will read them when theyre posted. Idols will see the hate if its posted in english, korean or whatever so what does it fucking matter. What really needs to be banned is the fuckers who decide to hate on celebrities for funsies from existence.

at least when its posted on forums it gives the chance for people to interject less vitriolic sentiment that the idol might see.

• Love 7
  • Clown 1

I wouldn't mind banning the hate shitposts

Unfortunately a lot people use these translation sites as news sources which skews their thoughts 

• Like 1
  • Tea 1

3 minutes ago, Zaiku said:

Because the articles don't always get translated. And international kpop fans prefer clicking on a thread with comments than an article because that way they get more juicy drama. And they won't have to think for themselves, they can just regurcitate knets' words.

I disagree this reeks of censorship and I don't think we should want to go down that road.

Don't get me wrong I understand why people are calling for it now and I don't think translated hate comments are particularly good for the international fandom but rather than outright banning these things, I think we should be creating better awareness of what NB and similar sites are and what they aren't.

IE: They are random people on the internet, that are pre-selecting posts made by random Koreans to translate. Often this will not actually represent what the Korean public actually thinks due a large number of things, among which selection bias(choosing to only translate a certain type or tone of comment) need into special consideration. Aside from that it needs to remembered at all times that the translated comments are just that, comments made by random Korean speakers that hold just about as much weight as a random post made on this or any sort of internet forum.

4 minutes ago, Zaiku said:

Because people are curious what the Korean public thinks and a lot of us don't speak Korean, well that's the basic idea anyway

• Like 4
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 4

Yes but let's not blame those sites entirely when a lot of ppl can't think for themselves and just blindly jump on the hate wagon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ludark said:

Because people are curious what the Korean public thinks and a lot of us don't speak Korean, well that's the basic idea anyway

12 minutes ago, Mees Madds said:

Because the articles don't always get translated. And international kpop fans prefer clicking on a thread with comments than an article because that way they get more juicy drama. And they won't have to think for themselves, they can just regurcitate knets' words.

They just love to get a second opinion just to feel better about themselves.

Edited by Zaiku

I disagree. This is heading down grounds of censorship, and that’s an area we shouldn’t go. Instead, I think we should post a disclaimer on said articles posted from these websites. Netizenbuzz explicitly says how their posts don’t reflect the general public, and I think many people forget this applies to most of these things.. I think it’s best we put a banner of that sort above the celebrity gossip threads. 

• Like 5
  • Tea 2
  • Clown 2
  • Dislike 1
  • WTF 2

1 minute ago, Aegyo said:

Pann and nate should be closed down..they attract crazy haters and psychos

would not it be same with OH then? or any fans community in general

I remember someone saying this not too long ago. and I agree! But unfortunately Pann isn't the main place idols get hate, what we see translated on blogs is just the facade, there is so much more being said about idols on other obscure communities. Not consuming the content is a way to make people understand we don't support knetz behavior, but the main problem stays on that side of the internet.. 😞

37 minutes ago, PeperoAddict89 said:

I pray to god that Netizenbuzz bitch doesn’t translate any Sulli articles, she's legit responsible for basically the ifandom's hate of Sulli. Fuck that site forever, i'm so angry and sad right now.

she better not dare

• Like 1

I don't think it should be banned, but I don't want to see it here either. It's just making people more miserable. I feel terrible after reading a NB post with translated nate comments.

47 minutes ago, PeperoAddict89 said:

No one is forced to read the posts or not or to enter the netizen section, but still I don't know why this forum need to have comments of those idiots insulting, degrading and slutshaming idols and celebs just because a selfie or whatever, that's it.

I think one of the purposes of the admins is to have a healthy forum, and just like they ban users for x reasons or ban twitter drama, it should be the same with those comments.

Edited by Rojen
  • Love 1
  • Tea 1

13 minutes ago, Rojen said:

No one is forced to read the posts or not or to enter the netizen section, but still I don't know why this forum need to have comments of those idiots insulting, degrading and slutshaming idols and celebs just because a selfie or whatever, that's it.

I think one of the purposes of the admins is to have a healthy forum, and just like they ban users for x reasons or ban twitter drama, it should be the same with those comments.

I understand you're upset. Today is hard for all of us.

However - We are part of a Korean pop community. And all of us follow Korean idols and culture.

The purposes of translation Korean comments is to get a idea of what some Koreans think about their Korean idols and socitey. No matter if we agree or not. As international fans we're able to stay aware too. For example: If these sites never existed we would of never known how much hate Sulli got. We would of been completely lost on why she's gone today. Positive or negative, we at least get to see a glimpse of Korea society and get more context about a situation.

Banning Korean comments on forumn for Korean idols simply don't make sense.

Rather then ban, people here should be mature. Also no one is being forced to read Korean comments here. We have the control to click or not a thread.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 2

Pann and other stupid sites that are breeding for hateful netizens comments should be banned or better yet, South Korea should ban comments on articles that are about Idols....no more destroying people's mental health for their stupidity ...attacking people they don't even know. 

I understand why people don't like netizen's posts, but banning them will help in literally nothing...?

• Clown 1