Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mogwai

Announcement OH! Press is Recruiting Chart Masters and Writers to Debut a New GG

Recruitment_Writer_Chart.gif

giphy.gif

You might've heard that we're recruiting GFX Designers (CLOSING SOON, DON'T MISS IT)! But we're also in search of:

Chart Masters who can help us run and implement new ideas for OH! Chart AND
Writers who can produce content at least once a month

Jokes aside, please only apply if you are serious about the role(s). Troll applications, dupe accounts etc will be omitted.

What's OH! Chart? Check out our stuff on the forum here and blog posts here before our old server's sad demise.

And then check out everything else. And stay there. And never leave.

Chart Masters Role Brief

Chart Masters are tasked to maintain Oh! Chart and monitor sales in the Korean music industry. As with other positions on OH! Press, this is purely voluntary. Their primary roles include:

1. Managing spreadsheets with data mined from Korean music charts
  2. Moderate voting on the site
  3. Publishing monthly updates on both the blog and OneHallyu forum

h1_recruit2.png

• Applicants must demonstrate a good understanding of Gaon Chart.
  • Adequate at Math and numbers.
  • Excel at using Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
  • Must be able to meet deadlines.
  • Preferably available from 9 to 10am KST (apply anyway if you aren't).
  • All staff members are expected to keep up with any group files and/or spreadsheets. Please keep yourself updated!
  • Good communication skills, able to collaborate with others.
  • Graphic design is my passion Writing is my passion. You don't have to be the next Toni Morrison, though.
  • GFX and video-editing skills are MAJOR pluses, but not necessarily a requirement (even if this is under 'requirements')
  • Abide by OneHallyu rules when engaging with others on both the blog and forum. Existing OH users should preferably have no warning points. However, those with WPs will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, so please apply if you're really keen.

h2_recruit2.png

To Apply

Non-OH! users, please use this link, instead. 

OH! Users, please complete the form in the spoiler below and PM it to me (Mogwai).

Spoiler

OneHallyu Username:

Timezone:

How many hours a day/week are you active on OneHallyu (the forum)?:

Are you comfortable with Google Sheet/Calendar?:

Are you familiar with WordPress?:

Any other software/coding experience which would be beneficial to the expansion of OH! Chart? If so, please state what and at which level?:

Any other relevant experience which may help with this role?:

What kind of features would you like to help implement on OH! Chart?:

Why do you want to become a part of the press team?:

Please provide 2-3 links to short writing samples (can be your own original thread on OneHallyu Forum, eg. a game or event that you planned).

Our recruitment process will be in stages. Once initial applications are approved, you may be contacted with further questions to aid in our final decision-making. But do not let this deter you from applying!

⭐⭐⭐

Writers Role Brief

Writers provide creative and original content related to Asian entertainment and assist in proofreading works by fellow staff. If you are interested in volunteering as a writer/blogger, vlogger, or bits of everything, Oh! Press is looking for you!

h1_recruit2.png

• Applicants must have writing/video samples or be able to produce some in a timely fashion.
  • Good communication skills, able to collaborate with others.
  • Flair for writing engaging content that can keep people on their toes.
  • Willing to proofread articles and other works that have been written by others.
  • Must be able to meet deadlines.
  • All staff members are expected to keep up with any group files and/or spreadsheets. Please keep yourself updated!
  • Willingness to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while.
  • Abide by OneHallyu rules when engaging with others on both the blog and forum. Existing OH users should preferably have no warning points. However, those with WPs will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, so please apply if you're really keen.

h2_recruit2.png

To Apply

Non-OH! users, please use this link, instead. 

OH! Users, please complete the form in the spoiler below and PM it to me (Mogwai).

Spoiler

OneHallyu Username:

Timezone:

How many hours a day/week are you active on OneHallyu (the forum)?:

Are you comfortable with Google Sheet/Calendar?:

Are you familiar with WordPress?:

Any other relevant experience which may help with this role?:

What kind of articles/content would you like to create?:

Why do you want to become a part of the press team?:

Please provide 2-3 links to short writing samples in your application!

Our recruitment process will be in stages. Once initial applications are approved, you may be contacted with further questions to aid in our final decision-making. But do not let this deter you from applying!

h3_recruit3.png

Spoiler

Q: OneHallyu has a blog?

A: Yes, we do. Here https://blog.onehallyu.com/

Q: What does Oh! Press really do?

A: For general info on our work, please refer to our about page.

Q: Can I apply even if English is not my native language?

A: Our writers come from all over the world, where English is not necessarily their native tongue. Challenge yourself and become more confident in your command of the white man's language through Oh! Press. We will help you along the way.

Q: Why is the Press team so big?

A: Rinne likes it big yum yum

Q: What happened to Rinne?

A: Rinne found a sugar daddy through her flower shop business and is on an extended honeymoon on a remote private tropical island.

Interested? Please send your completed application form to @Mogwai in a private message with the right title:

CHART MASTERS: “Press Application - Chart Master”
WRITERS: "Press Application - Writer'

Any pressing concerns or related questions can be posted here or messaged to me privately. Gracias!

CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOV 3rd 11PM KST

Edited by Mogwai
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Crawling out of the void to see this 🤩 hoping to see some new members soon!!! Joining Press was one of the best decisions I've ever made :lovestruck:

4 hours ago, Rinni said:

Crawling out of the void to see this 🤩 hoping to see some new members soon!!! Joining Press was one of the best decisions I've ever made :lovestruck:

It’s because of me right admit it

19 hours ago, Mogwai said:

It’s because of me right admit it

🤢🤢🤢

47 minutes ago, Rinni said:

🤢🤢🤢

Look at this love! You could find your life's companion in press...

Plus if you join you can help us ship the iconic LOG together :lub:

• Tea 1
  • Clown 1