OneHallyu

ONEUS Debut on World Albums Chart Thanks to 'Fly With Us' EP

Link

The K-pop rookie group also land their highest-charting hit on World Digital Song Sales.

In some key timing, one of K-pop's promising rookie boy bands makes their first appearance on World Albums ahead of their first U.S. tour.

ONEUS see their new Fly With Me EP enter Billboard's World Albums chart at No. 15 on the tally dated Oct. 12, 2019. This is ONEUS' first appearance on a Billboard album chart following two previous EP releaese in January's Light Us as well as May's Raise Us. The achievement comes during a competitive week as 10 other K-pop acts also bowed on the chart including entries from BTS (who occupy the top 4 positions on this week's chart), Red Velvet, TWICE and more.

The sextet also see their new single "Lit" bow on World Digital Song Sales, entering at No. 14. To date, ONEUS' only Billboard chart entry had come on World Digital Song Sales when their debut single "Valkyrie" hit No. 15 back in January.

The entries on not only on the songs chart but as well on the albums chart indicates healthy, rising interest for ONEUS in America, which will be important as the band kicks off their 2019 "Fly With Us" Tour in USA that starts Nov. 3 in New York and hits cities like Chicago, Atlanta and more, before wrapping in Los Angeles on Nov. 14. The band comes from RBW, the Korean label home to girl group chart-toppers MAMAMOO, which has yet to score a major chart success with a boy band though ONEUS hints things could soon be changing for the nine-year-old agency.

Check out ONEUS' newly released "Lit" single and music video, which draws inspiration from traditional Korean instruments, fashion and culture, and combines it with modern-day trap and hip-hop:

-----------------------------

Hope they got an article in Billboard and that they're rising. They have a debut and two comeback CDs now, so they have some songs to choose from for their tour at least.

Edited by Riserise
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Gene_e said:

Wow! I'm SO happy for them. Definitely my favorite group debuted this year, they are super talented.

Valkyrie is my favourite debut ever and I was an instant fan. Usually, I'm just a bandwagon fan who finds out about groups when they've already had a comeback or two, so I'm proud of myself😂

11 minutes ago, Riserise said:

Valkyrie is my favourite debut ever and I was an instant fan. Usually, I'm just a bandwagon fan who finds out about groups when they've already had a comeback or two, so I'm proud of myself😂

Valkyrie was such a solid debut! I thought Twilight was inferior but then they release Lit and it's a bop :ahmagah:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gene_e said:

Valkyrie was such a solid debut! I thought Twilight was inferior but then they release Lit and it's a bop :ahmagah:

Yes, super-bop🏋️‍♀️

It took me a few listens before I loved Twilight and I do now, but still think Valkyrie is better. Can't wait to see how they do on their tour.

Do you have a fave amongst them?

17 minutes ago, Riserise said:

Yes, super-bop🏋️‍♀️

It took me a few listens before I loved Twilight and I do now, but still think Valkyrie is better. Can't wait to see how they do on their tour.

Do you have a fave amongst them?

Initially the vocal line, Seoho and Keonhee caught my attention but I've been watching their "LIVE ONEUS" videos on their channel and knowing them more I think I love them all now. 😅

1 hour ago, Gene_e said:

Initially the vocal line, Seoho and Keonhee caught my attention but I've been watching their "LIVE ONEUS" videos on their channel and knowing them more I think I love them all now. 😅

Yes. that's the problem with them. They're all very likeable :)

My fave is Hwanwoong, though. Like his personality and he's a great dancer

18 hours ago, Riserise said:

Yes. that's the problem with them. They're all very likeable :)

My fave is Hwanwoong, though. Like his personality and he's a great dancer

Ahhh yes!! He is getting a lot of attention lately. Agree! His dacing is impressive and he has great skills for variety shows.

Edited by Gene_e
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Riserise said:

Yeah, he does well. I find him very charismatic. Seoho has a great voice, by the way. I think he's a real bias attracter.

Ikr! He has a really pleasant voice.

Please everyone check these stable kings