Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
The Hoe Wears Prada

Taeyong Admits To Bullying, Personally Apologizes To His Middle School Classmate He Hurt!

Oh and btw because people keep saying that “he was like 12”....when Koreans graduate middle school they’re usually 15 or 16

• Like 1
  • Tea 4

7 hours ago, TheBestGuest said:

And SM had the nerve to say that there was no record of disciplinary action. There are plenty of bullies who get away with it, and I have no doubt that if this wasn't exposed that Taeyong wouldn't have apologized to the guy he bullied.

Joker Joker Joker. You nailed it

why are people saying he was 12? he could have been 15 right? and 15 year olds should know at that age that you don’t bully people. 

• Like 5
  • Tea 3

It would be a really cool PR stunt if they took Taeyong out of NCT and let him go solo or something. 

And added a super handsome talented dude to the group in his place with a spotless history 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Tea 1

this confirms his past scandals too

how this guy managed to debut is a mystery to me

• Like 5
  • Tea 4
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, babushka said:

he was 12, and if the victim forgave him then who cares

15 or 16 actually.

I’m of tired of this man 

taeyong used to be my bias I could care less about him at this point

I’m positive he will have another scandal in the future that will end his career

12? 15? 16? 

Who cares. Kids that I help at a library that are five and eight know not to bully people. The kids at the school my mom is a librarian at know not to bully people. When I was a kid, I knew better than that. The kids that bullied me when I was younger knew better. I don't have much to say about Taeyong because I've never had a reason to look into him but kids DO know better. 

• Like 5

A whole mess....

I'm glad we got to know the truth tho since i was reluctant to believe it without proof. Idk what to say beside i genuinely hope he regrets his past actions and that he changed but ngl i can't see him in a good light anymore. 

Just how many people did this guy do mean shit to? Every few months something else comes out about him wtf

I question the his sincerity when 1) there was a fucking reporter there and 2) he’s only apologizing now that he got caught. If he never felt at ease about it why didn’t he contact the victim and apologize beforehand. 

Im not going to give him any praise for finally apologizing. Fuck him and SM because they both thought they could get away with all the shit he’s done. 

• Like 4
  • Tea 1
  • Dislike 1

Fuck this guy and fuck the people defending him and making all kinds of excuses for his shitty actions 

• Like 3

Considering that Taeyong referred to the victim as a "friend" I don't buy that the homophobic joke was a harmless joke between friends.

I work in middle school. Referring to victims of bullying as "friends" is a pretty standard way they try to get away with it and convince the other person not to say anything about the way they're treated. Most bullying honestly takes place within friend group, not some outlier that no one ever talks to.

• Like 7
  • Tea 1

I'm glad he apologized but I'm bitter that he only did so after he became a big idol, with promotions in the USA where bullying and homophobic behavior can't be shoved down the rug.

• Like 3

What bothers the most is :

Honestly, I have never once felt at ease because of this.

Every day, dozens of times, I think ‘why was I like that’ and feel regret.

Yup makes perfect sense, you couldn't go on a day without feeling guilty but weirdly enough the moment you choose to "apologize" is years later once YOUR actions have consequences on YOU. Of course when you apologize sincerely you must bring a reporter with you, and only after being caught and almost forced to. Yup yup it seems so sincere and real. How nice of him, what a sweetheart isn't he ?

• Tea 7

8 hours ago, Spiral said:

Taeyong (and every apiring idols out there if they were bullies like him) should've apologized earlier and make it up to the victims before debut. 

Seems like he's only sorry now because it's too late and he got caught. I seriously judge his character... like how the hell is he living his life this whole time without feeling any guilt or remorse and to only apologize now as he got exposed. 

he said in NCT Life in Bangkok, filmed before NCT's official debut, that there were things he did as a child that he severely regretted and on their very first Weekly Idol appearance he even gave an apology ON AIR to all the people he hurt in his past. He has been feeling regret and remorse SINCE THE BEGINNING but considering you don't even follow NCT you wouldn't have known about him saying he regretted his actions on camera back when they used to do the NCT Life series. 

But you know what, there were incidents he was accused of that weren't even true, like the scamming incident (this was revealed to be a huge misunderstanding, namely because the item got damaged during shipping but the buyer thought Taeyong purposely sent him a defective toy) or the whole calling a female classmate "fat" incident (this was revealed years ago to be false because it was found that the online IDs used didnt even belong to Taeyong) or the whole pushing a fan incident (also revealed to be false as it was actually a security guard that pushed the fan and Taeyong's hands were nowhere near the fan). This particular incident may be true but the other things he was accused of were found to be fabricated. 

Also Taeyong is 5 years YOUNGER than me so the term "oppalogist" doesn't apply here cuz oppa is only used if the guy is older. 

Edited by Spring By Chance
  • Like 2
  • Clown 6
  • Dislike 6
  • WTF 1

5 minutes ago, Spring By Chance said:

he said in NCT Life in Bangkok, filmed before NCT's official debut, that there were things he did as a child that he severely regretted and on their very first Weekly Idol appearance he even gave an apology ON AIR to all the people he hurt in his past. He has been feeling regret and remorse SINCE THE BEGINNING but considering you don't even follow NCT you wouldn't have known about him saying he regretted his actions on camera back when they used to do the NCT Life series. 

Also Taeyong is 5 years YOUNGER than me so the term "oppalogist" doesn't apply here cuz oppa is only used if the guy is older. 

Honestly, that makes it seem like he cares more about himself than his actual victims.

Giving an apology on air was, at best, to make himself feel better about what he did and was about him and his image. The only reason this victim got an apology directly was because they contacted SM and asked for it. He's never actually reached out to his victims to try and make things right.

Even the way he continues to describe them as "friends" when that clearly wasn't the case shows how he is trying to control the narrative and soften what he did.

Edited by raspberry84
  • Like 1
  • Tea 5

What a mess! 

Bullying can have a life long effects on individuals. It can even drive people to commit suicide. I feel for all of his victims. 

I don't know his real personality but defending the homophobic joke as something between "friends" which by the way he refers to the victim he wronged as a "friend" (in the article) rubs me the wrong way.  

I genuinely hope he has changed and wish his victims the best. 

• Love 1

Wait, so there was a reporter/journalist right next to them during this whole apology? That doesn't seem like the most sincere environment.... Hopefully he actually means it and his victim wasn't pressured to accept his apology.

Anyways, I'm still pretty amazed at how far SM is going to protect Taeyong's image. Most other companies would have dropped him like a hot potato with this many scandals tbh. They must really want to keep him.

Edited by KhepriRa
  • Like 1
  • Tea 3

What a fake ass staged apology 

Bye bye you dumb hoe

From today on I'm not buying anything related to U amd 127

I'll only support DREAM 

• Like 1

I just love how this is supposedly an apology and yet he's trying to minimize his actions by claiming that he was just joking with a friend when clearly the victim felt otherwise and this is something that has bothered the victim for years. His apology is basically like the youtubers that assault people and then go "it's just a prank bro!" and that's meant to fix everything

And on top of all that he made sure to bring a reporter there with him cause he has to make sure that everyone knows he went to give this tired ass apology.

Bye

• Like 3