Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Bitoku

discussion Which songs aged well? Which songs aged badly?

I was listening to 2015 songs because it was the last time SM bothered promoting exo and realized that some songs feel quite different ...

Songs that are still the same BOPs?

EXO - Love me Right : This song is a classic, maybe it's because of the vocals and the use of real instrument but i feel like it would still sound amazing even if it's released now.

IU - 23 : I first heard it when i didn't know her and i liked this song, now i'm a stan and it's still my favorite among all her songs, even the new ones.

Akmu - Melted : Still as good as it was. I love the piano and the singing fits well.

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb : Still and will continue being rv best song. don't argue me.

EXID - Up&Down : Hani doesn't get outdated.

Mamamoo - Ahh oop : The vocals still good, and the songs still fun, didn't get old.

Fx - 4walls : One of the best gg releases as expected and will remains as so.

Songs that got better over time?

EXO - Ko Ko Bop : I joined the hate bandwagon because I wasn't over Monster, but now i listen to Kokoweed more than Monster.

Red velvet - Really bad boy : Now, I like it more than bad boy, here i said it.

Black Pink - Ddu ddu ddu : I found it underwhelming, but started liking it after PD101. (I feel the same for most BP songs, i don't like them at first but they grow on me).

IU - Palette : I was a bit disappointed at first (Was my first comeback as a fan and i expected something fun 23/bbibbi). But now i listen to it a lot more than when it came out.

EXO - Lotto : I boycotted this song from the first listen and joined the bandwagon against autotune, until i realized many new autotuned Kpop songs came after and did were well received by Kpop fans, i gave lotto a try again .... somehow i couldn't stop. Not sure if i acknowledge it yet.

Songs that aged badly?

Red Velvet - Ice cream cake : I used to listen to this song everyday and thought it was the best gg song ... now it's a headache. maybe i listened to it too much.

Red Velvet - Automatic : I was so into how mature it looks and how different it sounds, now it's forgettable ... but not bad.

Big bang - bang bang bang : I knew this was tragic from the beginning, but it sounds even more tragic wtf (i blame it for making loud edm rap music popular among boygroups). but then again it won song of the year so it's my music taste that's weird.

Psy - Daddy : I feel like i only liked it back then because it's Psy and it was long since he had a comeback. daddy and the other songs aged so badly for me.

snsd - Party : Got annoying somehow...

taeyeon - i : Don't kill me, i don't think it's tragic. I realized i only liked the ayaya part because it's catchy but everything else sounds a bit poor, again my music taste is weird.

4minute - Crazy : Did all the edm songs become outdated? I remember everyone stanning this song like "crazy".

Mamamoo - Piano Man : This is the song that made mamamoo popular among kpop stans, i used to think it's their best song and listened to it a lot until the past year, i stopped caring about this song, not their best at all, not even in top 5. but not a bad song, just lost its charm for me.

Taemin - Danger : Damn this song aged very very badly for me.

Jennie - Solo : Same as "i", i like the catchy chorus but the rest feel meh, also for some reasons it feels incomplete now.

Black Pink - Whistle : ... i find it cringe now. I don't want to remember liking it.

Winner - Really Really : Became forgettable. the bside is better.

What about you? Which songs still give you the same feel? Which songs feel like they changed over time?

I hope UN Village will remain a BOP forever

@zella@Tteona Oneul Bame@Lugoose@haikyuuboo i need your tea

Edited by Bitoku
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 6

RBB aged SO WELL... I can't believe it 

• Like 3
  • Tea 1

Bae Bae by Big Bang is still my jam after 4 years 

Taeyang's voice gets me feeling high as fuck 

Regular by NCT aged terribly I used to love it but now it kinda hurts my eardrums with how much is going in that song. 

Edited by Hormones.

As if its your last - got better with time

Russian roulette - got better with time

Aged - ice cream cake sadly

Love me right - got better with time

Peekaboo aged too

Growl - still the same bop it ever was

Those on top of my head now

And i agree with "I" tbh, it's one of the weakest taeyeon singles if not the weakest

10 minutes ago, Bitoku said:

:smile: their debut song sounds better now

Even more wrongopinions.com

ko ko bop and Palette really aged well

at first few listens Ko ko bop I was like wtf is this song and turned to wtf this is a certified bop, probably my fav exo Title

Palette was and still good forever

also I really didn't like BTS DNA when it came out but it grew on me

Red velvet Peek A Boo I hated alot when I first heard it but it's one of RV best songs

NCT 127 Limitless... omg I can't believe I didn't like it at first but it's great song

ASTRO All Night.... this song is underrated and it only get better listening to it

Got7 Just right.... I just love this song more the more I listen to it

and a classic one... into the new world... can't get old or boring... a bop

aged badly

I agree with ice cream cake

also bts I need you... idk maybe because I listened to it so much I got sick of it

Winner Really Really.. uh idk it just not how it used to be when it first came out

Sistar give it to me - I really loved this song alot, sistar has great songs but this song is just not it.... it became so bad

seventeen mansae... it's kinda annoying 

blackpink boombayah.... it's just boring now... I only listen to lisa part 

idk there's alot but not on my mind now

14 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Peekaboo aged too

i feel the reverse, Pikabo still a bop while RS became annoying.

16 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Growl is a classic. It doesn't go wrong.

I know  I talk about it all the time, but I stan this song.

PERFECT MAN BY SHINHWA IS THE PERFECT KPOP SONG AND GETS BETTER WITH EVERY LISTEN

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bitoku said:

bbibbi is recent tho. btw anticipate IU comeback soon.

Finalllyyyy. It's always worth the wait for her comeback. Still need to finish hotel del luna too 

• Like 1

Aged like fine wine:
Shinee's View
TVXQ's Mirotic
F(X)'s 4 Walls
BTS's I Need U
Red Velvet's Bad Boy & Russian Roulette
NCT's Limitless & 7th Sense

Aged badly:
All BigBang songs (can't listen to them anymore)
Jennie's Solo
Red Velvet's RBB, Power Up, Zimzalabim
BTS's Fake Love
NCT's Simon Says
(most songs that came out this year already sound old to me)

(also Taeyeon's I is one of the best kpop songs ever so let's all jot that down)

Edited by blossoms

35 minutes ago, KiraDoru said:

RBB aged SO WELL... I can believe it 

Edited by Lugoose

Well: RBB, Fake Love, Idol, Fancy, Kill This Love

Badly: Almost every kpop song released this year (aside from the ones above). It's not that they are bad, it's that they get tiring after some time.

40 minutes ago, blossoms said:

Aged badly:
All BigBang songs (can't listen to them anymore)

can't believe we reached a time when we can say something negative about a bigbang song

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

As if its your last - got better with time

Aged - ice cream cake sadly

Love me right - got better with time

Peekaboo aged too

Those on top of my head now

And i agree with "I" tbh, it's one of the weakest taeyeon singles if not the weakest

No words matt lol

Just the other day you were praising it non stop. Should have expected this from you.

8 minutes ago, Bitoku said:

congrats, i still didn't reach that level tho.

I actually find it better than DDDD nowadays lmao

Except for the break in end of both songs, DDDD's break is better than KTL's (which is also good, but too short and less impactful)

DNA, Spring Day &  BWL BIL NMD aged well

Songs I didnt like first listen but aged well and grew on me:

Fire - surprisingly  grew on me, its such an energetic anthem

Songs i did like in first listen but aged badly 

dope & baepsae 😞 oh god the trumpets sax ish notes are very 2015

Edited by coval

Surprisingly RV - Dumb Dumb aged badly for me, I do listen to it but that's probably the title track i listen the least nowadays.

TVXQ - Mirotic: yall only praise this shit cuz yall not cassiopeia we TAIYA from it

MX - All In: I can't believe i used to hate it lmao love it now

BTS - Danger & INU: aged like fine wine, in fact their best songs to DATE

GFriend - Me Desgustas Tu: I can't even hear the beginning of this song anymore, aged like awful milk

EXO - Lotto: I can't believe I disliked it... a bop

Hyuna - Red: FINE WINEEEEE, LOVE THAT SHIT STILL