Jump to content
Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
KoreaxxLove

Trump Defends Bringing US Troops Home in Emotional Speech

Recommended Posts

Source

US President Donald Trump on Wednesday made a powerful defense of his decision to bring troops home from Syria. The moving remarks drew somber attention from muted members of the media. 

Calling it the "hardest part of his job," President Trump detailed the emotional toil experienced by the families of fallen US soldiers. 

"It's so devastating when they bring that boy or young woman out of the back of those big, powerful planes in a coffin and the parents are there," Trump said. 

The President continued to address the heartbreaking finality experienced by families as they watch their loved ones being carried out of military planes. 

"Sir, you never know [if the families are okay] until the back of that massive cargo plane opens up," officials in Dover reportedly told the President when asked if the families were okay. 

"I see people there were smiling ... and then, twenty minutes later, we'll be outside when that big plane pulls up and that door comes down," the President said. "And they are walking the coffin with their boy inside this coffin with an American flag over the top. And they're walking that coffin down this ramp, and I've seen people that I thought were really incredible ... I didn't even understand how they could take it so well--scream, like I've never seen anything before."

In a room so quiet and solemn one could hear a pen drop, he continued. 

"Sometimes they'll run to the coffin. They'll break through military barriers. They'll run to the coffin and jump on top of the coffin. Crying mothers and wives. Crying desperately." 

President Trump used this moment to defend his decision to bring troops home from Syria. 

"This [suffering] is on these endless wars that just never stop. And there's a time, and there's a place, but it's time to stop."

The President doubled down on this sentiment by recounting his recent experience visiting Walter Reed. 

"I gave out five Purple Hearts to incredible young men ... and they took a beating. Beautiful people. 

"One couldn't be there because the beating was so great that he was at a totally different part of the world. He lost a leg. He lost an arm. Ryan. He had tremendous damage."

The President continued to push back against warhawks in Congress. "But I'll tell you what: for me, it's very hard when I see that. It's very hard. It's easy to talk tough. You know, tough guys. All of these tough guys, 'Let's keep fighting. Let's keep fighting.'"

The President's remarks come after his controversial decision to bring troops home from Syria has drawn backlash from members of Congress and others who call the move a betrayal of Kurdish allies and serve as a reminder to his critics and to the American people the high price the US has already paid fighting in the region. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Clown 2
  • WTF 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Okay, now what happens to the Kurds? Nothing this guy says can be taken seriously.

He's the US President. The Kurds aren't his top priority and shouldn't be. 

  • WTF 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KoreaxxLove said:

He's the US President. The Kurds aren't his top priority and shouldn't be. 

You're right. His top priority has always been golfing and making a fool of himself.

  • Like 4
  • Clown 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheBestGuest said:

You're right. His top priority has always been golfing and making a fool of himself.

Ridiculous, baseless comment. 

  • Like 2
  • Clown 5
  • WTF 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's new slogan, "Make ISIS great again".

On a more serious note, this madman needs to be removed, not just impeached. Thousands of innocent men, women and children are going to be killed just so he can keep his name on a fuckin' hotel in Istanbul. WTS! 

Edited by Wade-kun
  • Like 4
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this pig will get impeached soon.

  • Like 3
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not the US job to keep us in check... People will die because WE killed them. Nothing will change until the mentality of some clowns here change. 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, i2NE1 said:

It’s not the US job to keep us in check... People will die because WE killed them. Nothing will change until the mentality of some clowns here change. 

You completely missed the point and bet you dunno how ignorant you just sounded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wade-kun said:

You completely missed the point and bet you dunno how ignorant you just sounded. 

Keep ignoring the root problem, that would totally fix everything 
 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wade-kun said:

Trump's new slogan, "Make ISIS great again".

On a more serious note, this madman needs to be removed, not just impeached. Thousands of innocent men, women and children are going to be killed just so he can keep his name on a fuckin' hotel in Istanbul. WTS! 

Trump has dealt more damage to ISIS than Obama ever did. 

No, it's so that US troops who are coming home dead don't have to be over a conflict that has nothing to do with us. Our allegiance is to people who helped us fight? No, how about its to our troops who are out there fighting. No American life should ever be in peril for the Kurds. It's not our job to play savior. 

19 hours ago, #goddamnitkongwee said:

Yet, the defense department is very unwilling. :)

Yeah, warhawks tend to be like that, but as Commander in Chief, Trump can bring them home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KoreaxxLove said:

Trump has dealt more damage to ISIS than Obama ever did. 

No, it's so that US troops who are coming home dead don't have to be over a conflict that has nothing to do with us. Our allegiance is to people who helped us fight? No, how about its to our troops who are out there fighting. No American life should ever be in peril for the Kurds. It's not our job to play savior. 

Ha! Trust me, he will not hesitate to play the savior if it suits his interest. 

What he is pulling rn is extremely reckless and undermines our safety. Should the Kurds be decimated, ISIS will resurge and unleash more terror. 

Not to mention, he just jeopardized our chances of forming future alliances. That's not how a president conduct foreign policy!

Everything he has done so far has always been to his own benefit. I might even believe he is opening door for his bff Putin to send his troops into Mid East. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Tea 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao so y'all liberals were attacking him for having military operations  in the Middle East because that's being imperialist (while praising Obama for the same shit) but now yall even more complaining when he's removing US troops? Can't you pick a struggle whining dumbasses?

Edited by Truesy
  • Like 2
  • Clown 2
  • WTF 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 11:25 PM, KoreaxxLove said:

He's the US President. The Kurds aren't his top priority and shouldn't be. 

Are you kidding me? Isn't it possible to not have them be the top priority while also not leaving them to be slaughtered in a completely needless conflict? Again, they fought ISIS for us. We owe them. And we've seen this movie before. After we abandoned the Mujahideen in Afghanistan after they fought a proxy battle with the Soviets, many were radicalized and joined the American Frankenstein's monster that was Al Qaeda. This situation is arguably even worse than that. ISIS prisoners are going to escape, and the Kurds will rightfully despise us. All because Trump doesn't want to piss off his dictator buddies.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

Are you kidding me? Isn't it possible to not have them be the top priority while also not leaving them to be slaughtered in a completely needless conflict? Again, they fought ISIS for us. We owe them. And we've seen this movie before. After we abandoned the Mujahideen in Afghanistan after they fought a proxy battle with the Soviets, many were radicalized and joined the American Frankenstein's monster that was Al Qaeda. This situation is arguably even worse than that. ISIS prisoners are going to escape, and the Kurds will rightfully despise us. All because Trump doesn't want to piss off his dictator buddies.

Or because Trump doesn't think that American lives shouldn't be lost in a conflict that doesn't involve us. Because he believes that his first allegiance is to the American people and our soldiers who don't want to die and who will be put in harm's way for a conflict that shouldn't affect them. It's funny how you Democrats were against war until Trump wants to end it. It's pathetic. 

No, it's not possible for Trump to consider the Kurds as a military priority without undermining his top priority to keep American lives safe. Use economic warfare and other ways to fight--but it's not worth spilling American blood. 

  • Clown 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 8:37 AM, Truesy said:

Lmao so y'all liberals were attacking him for having military operations  in the Middle East because that's being imperialist (while praising Obama for the same shit) but now yall even more complaining when he's removing US troops? Can't you pick a struggle whining dumbasses?

Exactly this. Any defense they have for it, especially one involving trying to save the lives of others while putting US lives in danger, just won't hold any water for me. 

 

  • Clown 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it would be nice if this was his real intention, but it's pretty clear Trump made a deal where having troops moved to other assets was just an after effect that can be sold to his base. In the world of geopolitics decisions, these sentiments are just secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 6:52 PM, KoreaxxLove said:

Or because Trump doesn't think that American lives shouldn't be lost in a conflict that doesn't involve us. Because he believes that his first allegiance is to the American people and our soldiers who don't want to die and who will be put in harm's way for a conflict that shouldn't affect them. It's funny how you Democrats were against war until Trump wants to end it. It's pathetic. 

No, it's not possible for Trump to consider the Kurds as a military priority without undermining his top priority to keep American lives safe. Use economic warfare and other ways to fight--but it's not worth spilling American blood. 

Then why is he sending troops to Saudi Arabia? And why wasn't that his position before on the Kurds (see above comment)?

Edited by Yggdrasil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Then why is he sending troops to Saudi Arabia? And why wasn't that his position before on the Kurds (see above comment)?

US Troop is safer in Saudi Arabia. Plus Saudi Arabia buy US weapons more than their own troops can support. US troop in the meantime maintain their operation readiness using their weapons.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 11:58 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Then why is he sending troops to Saudi Arabia? And why wasn't that his position before on the Kurds (see above comment)?

I think the bigger question is why the defense secretary said these soldiers will likely be put in western Iraq. If this is the case, I would disagree with the administration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Back to Top