Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belkiss

Riyadh City wears purple welcoming BTS

SA's hypocrisy at its best

• Like 7
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 12

I'm loving this worldwide trend of changing monuments and building into the purple colour for BTS & ARMY. So happy the SA fans have a concert!

• Like 2

I think it's cute and good for armys from there but I'm not sure how to feel about this... Anyways I hope they spend a nice time there

I'm not trying to attack Army's but I don't understand how you could be proud of this.

I'm genuinely concerned how this will affect BTS' image. 

From a Muslim: F** Saudi Arabia. The regime in Saudi Arabia is murderous and horrible.

• Tea 3
  • Dislike 10

i’m still really disappointed in them but whatever. get that money i guess...

• Like 3
  • Clown 4
  • Dislike 3

1 hour ago, Yanagi said:

I'm not trying to attack Army's but I don't understand how you could be proud of this.

I'm genuinely concerned how this will affect BTS' image. 

From a Muslim: F** Saudi Arabia. The regime in Saudi Arabia is murderous and horrible.

The US regime is better? Should we demand kpop groups to not have concerts in the US? 

BTS are going to perform for fans. Let us end this topic please. We're tired 

• Like 5
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)

As SA opens up to the world, things are slowly changing for their citizens as well.

A week ago, I read that Saudi women will be allowed to book hotels for themselves, because they're going to allow that for foreign women. There are probably countless of such rules that we haven't even thought about, that might become subject to change as they want to polish their image.

SA wants that foreign tourism cash now, so they're working hard to present a friendlier face to the world. Slowly, and probably not without some contention, that will mean change.

Edited by Riserise
  • Like 6

Hopefully, fans will be able to experience and share in the joy of cheering for BTS in their home country. I'm glad BTS are being warmly welcomed, regardless of our personal opinions on the SaAr government.

• Like 1

Saudi Arabia wants to portray a friendly image while still having no respect for its own people. 

In 2019 SA held a mass execution and beheaded 37 people, whether they deserved it or not (this includes underaged people)
Not a country I would wanna be associated with. 

in January, Mariah Carey performed in Saudi Arabia. 

1447016-1771265809.jpg?itok=W3DbbwZJ

If a female SA resident would look like this, she'd be imprisoned, beaten and maybe more. 

---
It's all an act for them to look more friendly and openminded, but theyre not. 

It was just last year when they allowed women to drive cars. And even that is complicated to this day. 
A woman in SA is controllerd by her husband/brother/father/cousins/uncle/government. 

Woman that try to break that image and lifestyle risk their own lives. 

A 13 year old child was arrested a few years ago for leading a bike protest, demanding human rights. He got imprisoned and was to be executed at 18, but that didnt happen, but he did get 12 years in prison.

---

BuT aRaB aRmYs DeSeRvE tO sEe ThEiR FaVs

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

• Like 4
  • Clown 4
  • Dislike 6

Posted (edited)

People act like other kpop groups have not performed here before (Suju and Stray Kid have performed in Saudi Arabia before BTS)  lol

Edited by Taecoholic
  • Tea 2

3 hours ago, Taecoholic said:

People act like other kpop groups have not performed here before (Suju and Stray Kid have performed in Saudi Arabia before BTS)  lol

Exactly, they are acting like no other kpop group coming before BTS, the difference is just that BTS having first stadium concert in middle East and biggest name in kpop now. After all people forget BTS first and foremost is artist and performer and not world country leader that can change the world. Heck even country leader couldn't change their own country. Everyone has their own opinion but please stop projecting your beliefs on BTS because they are not your puppet. They have their own belief and conviction and stop making them taking responsibility on something that shouldn't be their on the first place. Even RM lyric on persona and Jhope in BWL already stressing this, it's either you want fulfill your own narrative on them or respecting their decision. 

By the way, for Arab Army please enjoy the concert😄.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Was this part of a fan project? A reply under that tweet is what makes me ask.

Edit: ????

Nevermind then.

Edited by Serendipity

this is beautiful 💜

I feel so emo ;-;

13 hours ago, Taecoholic said:

In fairness as someone who enjoys both Stray Kids and BTS, I've had mixed feelings about their performances in SA. But Ive directed most of that side eye towards JYPE and Big Hit.