Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
#goddamnitkongwee

Inside Hong Kong’s vandalised MTR stations

The video belongs to the South China Morning Post, which I'm sure, is very neutral on the question...

I don't know, I personally find democracy slightly more important than subway stations, and the police is shooting teenagers with actual firearms, so I'd say the balance of violence isn't exactly what the video implies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glou said:

The video belongs to the South China Morning Post, which I'm sure, is very neutral on the question...

I don't know, I personally find democracy slightly more important than subway stations, and the police is shooting teenagers with actual firearms, so I'd say the balance of violence isn't exactly what the video implies.

Hong Kong democracy and freedom index is higher than US, fyi.

6 hours ago, #goddamnitkongwee said:

Sure, it is. They're finding out how much freedom they really have now. 

11 hours ago, #goddamnitkongwee said:

And I'm not American..? And also not surprised considering the US (why are they the reference for everything though?)... I think Hong Kong's democracy and freedom index is precisely the very thing protesters are trying to keep and protext tbh. This is not Hong Kong's index that is an issue here. It's China's. Hong Kong's index is (was..?) what it is because of its protected status, because it didn't abide by Chinese laws.

And don't think I'm writing that thinking my country is better or anything. Police violence and surveillance keep increasing in my country as well. The context is different, but it is also very worrying. And I'm very critical of it too.

4 hours ago, Glou said:

And don't think I'm writing that thinking my country is better or anything. Police violence and surveillance keep increasing in my country as well. The context is different, but it is also very worrying. And I'm very critical of it too.

Surveillance or biometric technology is the next 10 or 20 year trend. Your face, thumb, body scan, blood test.....will be part of AI, cloud and database for massive smart city. Yes, privacy is no longer valid by then. You need to give in for the next revolution. 

26 minutes ago, #goddamnitkongwee said:

Surveillance or biometric technology is the next 10 or 20 year trend. Your face, thumb, body scan, blood test.....will be part of AI, cloud and database for massive smart city. Yes, privacy is no longer valid by then. You need to give in for the next revolution. 

Alright then! Let's welcome it with open arms! Let's embrace what will be our end!  (No)

By the way, this is not a "revolution" if it gives more control to the people in power. And especially if the goal is to control the population. I'm well aware of the issues at stake here. I do know surveillance will become the norm. I don't understand however how you can be so chill about it. This is basically every dystopian fiction ever.

Also: Nothing to say about the first part of my answer? I have to say I'm glad we agree (?) that it was never about the metro stations though.

1 minute ago, Glou said:

Alright then! Let's welcome it with open arms! Let's embrace what will be our end!  (No)

By the way, this is not a "revolution" if it gives more control to the people in power. And especially if the goal is to control the population. I'm well aware of the issues at stake here. I do know surveillance will become the norm. I don't understand however how you can be so chill about it. This is basically every dystopian fiction ever.

If you watch China development, they are going for contact-less metros and airports from face cams. Give up privacy for convenience. You yourself is a student card. This is the next revolution. 

18 hours ago, #goddamnitkongwee said:

If you watch China development, they are going for contact-less metros and airports from face cams. Give up privacy for convenience. You yourself is a student card. This is the next revolution. 

You sound like pre-recorded propaganda... I just... I'm going to stop there because it's no use arguing with someone who doesn't use arguments. I know you're either a troll or someone on whom the Chinese government's  propaganda was very effective. My time is better used elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Glou said:

You sound like pre-recorded propaganda... I just... I'm going to stop there because it's no use arguing with someone who doesn't use arguments. I know you're either a troll or someone on whom the Chinese government's  propaganda was very effective. My time is better used elsewhere.

Usual loser comments. :)

• WTF 1