Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pineapple

Reaction System Changes ~ User Poll

Reaction System Changes  

99 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How should the tea reaction change reputation?

• Positive
    • Negative
    • Neutral (as it is currently)
  2. 2. How should the clown reaction change reputation?

• Positive
    • Negative
    • Neutral (as it is currently)
  3. 3. Should there be a neutral reputation option in the available reactions?

4. 4. If you answered "Yes" to question #3 - Which of these options would you prefer to see added as a neutral reputation reaction? (see op for images)

• I voted no for a neutral option being available in reactions
  5. 5. Would you like to see a "lol" reaction added? (It would be positive, obviously)

Hello OH'ers,

Users have been expressing a desire to see the reaction system changed up a bit, and we want to ensure we are making changes that the majority of users want to see. Hence this poll, where we are going to feature questions about the most commonly discussed reactions; looking at you clown, and tea. Plus some other questions about some possible changes. If you don't see an option you feel should have been included in this poll, then please let me know down below. I am running on caffeine, and a dream at this point in my day, so if I missed something it wasn't an intentional slight. 

The poll will be public. If anyone really feels like they want to make dupe accounts to vote/rig this for some unknown reason...I can see you, and wonder why this would be the hill you chose to go down on. 

As always thank you for your input, and feedback with this as we work to make new OH the best it can be for the community. 

This poll/thread will close in 1 week to give everyone ample time to see it, and think about the options. Closes: Tuesday Oct. 15th @ 11:59pm EST

For question #4 :

12c6041bfc91ee1174f11740dc26573fe.svg 

2.53ef346458017da2062aca5c7955946b.svg

3da16c90202a239aff1212e3a8f57bc3e.svg

Thank You So Much GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 3

:imstupid: deserves to be a reaction too 😝

• Like 8

For question #4, what do we do if we don't like any of the 3 options 😪

• Option #1 -  It's a neutral/deadpan face so it doesn't mean anything when attached to a post. It's like you're not reacting to the post at all, imo. At least the tea and the clown mean something.
  • Option #2 - What would a thinking face insinuate? Would it be used positively or negatively? I don't think this one is a strong enough reaction to lean either way and it'll probably be used only for certain threads like news? I'm on the fence about this one...
  • Option #3 - This one has the same function as the existing tea for me, it's kinda like "I didn't say it but it's true!"

I don't think we should add any more neutral reactions because the ones we have are fine. I like having the neutral options because I'm able to react to a post without impacting a person's rep. If a user said something really stupid or really great, then I go use the dislike/WTF or like/love buttons.

If anything, I'd like to see the WTF swapped out for something else because it seems to be too OTT of a reaction (is that why people barely use it)? Maybe one of these would be better - 😡 or 😠

10 hours ago, SURISURI said:

For question #4, what do we do if we don't like any of the 3 options 😪

• Option #1 -  It's a neutral/deadpan face so it doesn't mean anything when attached to a post. It's like you're not reacting to the post at all, imo. At least the tea and the clown mean something.
  • Option #2 - What would a thinking face insinuate? Would it be used positively or negatively? I don't think this one is a strong enough reaction to lean either way and it'll probably be used only for certain threads like news? I'm on the fence about this one...
  • Option #3 - This one has the same function as the existing tea for me, it's kinda like "I didn't say it but it's true!"

I don't think we should add any more neutral reactions because the ones we have are fine. I like having the neutral options because I'm able to react to a post without impacting a person's rep. If a user said something really stupid or really great, then I go use the dislike/WTF or like/love buttons.

If anything, I'd like to see the WTF swapped out for something else because it seems to be too OTT of a reaction (is that why people barely use it)? Maybe one of these would be better - 😡 or 😠

For question 4 you would have to just pick whichever you find the best from the options. We have the option in the poll if users would like to see neutral as a reaction, because while some like yourself may not prefer it there are others who would like that option. The voting makes it the decision of the majority of the community.  

Option 1.) The idea of not reacting or saying you don't know how to feel about something is an option some users would like. It's not going to appeal everyone, but options are good. 

Option 2.) It's a pondering face. Again someone can use it as if to say they're wondering how they should feel about something...is it good? Bad? Funny? They're not sure. 

Option 3.) Similar to option one it's more of a not sure how they feel they should react to something; perhaps instead of making a comment they're just going to give it a pass and keep their "mouth" shut/not comment.  

I'd also suggest changing the star to a simple thumbs up. And the swearing red face to a thumbs down. The skull needs to go too... maybe change it for 😡.

For the lol reaction, just add 🤣 and call it a day. Maybe also add a crying emoji? 😭 IDK.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Pepper said:

I'd also suggest changing the star to a simple thumbs up. And the swearing red face to a thumbs down. The skull needs to go too... maybe change it for 😡.

For the lol reaction, just add 🤣 and call it a day. Maybe also add a crying emoji? 😭 IDK.

I like all of these suggestions.

@Pepper I support

OT: If Armys ever win some sort of big forum game, a purple heart would be nice💜

Edited by satoori

On 10/9/2019 at 3:02 AM, Sofs said:

:imstupid: deserves to be a reaction too 😝

I genuinely think this should replace the clown... it doesn't have the negative connotation 🤡 has so it gets to be undeniably neutral